Name:  photo877.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  325.0 KB
Old 04-03-2017, 01:07 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Honestly, it is in the dealer's best interest to sell to the 918 VIP customers at MSRP for a few reasons. Firstly, as Whoopsy has mentioned, you can't just change host dealers anytime you want easily for convenience, but however it is possible if you are very dissatisfied with the dealer or you have a permanent resident location change, etc.
Lots of great info in your posts. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to future posts.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Where is the list from .1GT3 sales? I am sure they are the same dealerships most people talk about.
No, it is many many more this go-around, id say almost not worth counting. New normal.

And chasoul, thank you for a very informative post.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:49 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

New cleaning lady
Old 04-03-2017, 04:30 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
You seem quite knowledgable in the workings of Porsche dealers. Do you work for Porsche in some capacity?
Originally Posted by R.Deacon
^Chaosoul welcome aboard , look forward to your insights thanks

John impressive
Originally Posted by BryanCO
Lots of great info in your posts. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to future posts.

Thanks. All I can say is I am not new to the forum :P

Its how I provide insights for you guys anonymously.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
unsolicited offers from

lithia monterey porsche 15000 non refundable deposit and mkt price st time of delivery

bakersfield porsche 40000 over. i was about to show them
my family jewels as answer
Bakersfield Porsche wants $40k over? hahahaha The cow smell must have gotten to their brains.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:37 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Chaosoul, thank you for your valuable information...many of us including myself appreciate your input. Preach on...
Old 04-03-2017, 04:38 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I got 2 calls from the 2 dealers I had my name with. Both cited the same thing. We are ready to place your order for Aug/Sep delivery. Yay! Followed by, "we want $50k over sticker". Not yay And I'm a returning customer, which clearly made no difference. I have an AMG GTR coming in July at MSRP as I feared this would happen. Anyone know of any dealers in the US who will order a GT3 at MSRP? Willing to travel
Let me take some wild stabs at which stealerships there are....Rusnak, Beverly Hills, Downtown LA, Auto Gallery, and/or McKenna right?
Old 04-03-2017, 04:55 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Chaosoul, thank you for your valuable information...many of us including myself appreciate your input. Preach on...

You're welcome

I wish you the best of luck getting one. It is very difficult in California. All I can say the demand is off the roof this time. Never have I seen a newly debut Porsche in which dealers get a phone call every 30 minutes for the first 5 days about ordering the new car. Not the GT4, not the R, and not the RS.

By the way guys, new Porsche Financial interest rate and money factors are out and they went up quite a lot. Residuals for GT3 are also out and they are low.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

I think I've got allocation fatigue. Is that a thing? Is there a treatment for it?

I put my deposit down back when the rumours were first swirling about the potential for a manual. I've been following every tiny morsel of news since then.

Leading up to the big reveal at Geneva, I'd been messaging somewhat regularly with my SA. I guess maybe it was optimistic to hope that they'd have some idea of the number of allocations they'd get fairly soon after the announcement, but since then there's been no news at all.

So now I'm just desperate for any information at all and it's seeming more and more likely that I won't know anything tangible until mid-summer or even fall. I think it's gonna give me a stroke.

I'm an eternal optimist so I keep hoping that any day now I'll get the notice that there's going to be a car for me. I don't even care when it comes. It can come next year sometime. I'm perfectly happy with that. I just want to know there will be a car for me!

The waiting is excruciating!!

I'm saving every penny I can for this. I've cancelled some things I might have done this summer so I'll have extra money for the car. I'm wondering whether I should be limiting the mileage on my Boxster to try to maximize the trade-in value rather than just driving it to the ends of the Earth like I'd normally do.

If I'm not getting a car, then those things don't matter. If I AM getting a car, then they'll be very important.

The waiting is exhausting!!

Any psychologists here? Porsche Allocation Fatigue. Add that to the APA's DSM. I'm pretty sure it's a thing!!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:09 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I said this back when the .2 was announced:

Demand will be off the hook.

Will be harder the get than .1 GT3 and will be less cars.

The GT variants will have shorter lifespans and less #'s for .2 and especially with the few remaining ones they need to crank out still.

The "everyone will get one" crowd should listen.

Will the $40K-$50K over thing last?? NO WAY. That's greedy dealers testing the waters. Porsche will keep releasing GT models for .2 and forward into 992 and beyond. Don't expect to retire on a car investment or drive for free. Porsche is into making money for itself, not flippers and those looking for a free ride. They aren't Amway or a Bernie mutual fund.

That being said, I don't endorse paying over MSRP or getting caught up in Porsche's hype. Stay in your current car or whatever and give them the finger. Feeding the dealer games only makes it worse.

Last edited by STG; 04-03-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:12 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

If nothing else the character of some dealers and SA's has come out. No one likes the unknown especially when there are answers.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:14 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Thank you for your insight and contribution. I am like many other mortals who's cleaning lady comes to my house once a week and actually cleans my house. The only inside information she has supplied is what chemical is safe to use on cabinets.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:20 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

On a different side note, although 918 VIP customers cannot just choose which dealer they want the allocation to be sent to, their car can be delivered to any dealer in the US every time. They call it courtesy delivery, where the ordering and purchasing of the car is still done through the original host dealer, but the car is sent directly from port and vessel to a different delivery dealer, where they would PDI and wash the car for them to pick up.
Just want to clarify that courtesy delivery requires approval by the receiving dealer, so they can refuse and quite a few do. In my case I couldn't get courtesy delivery in Portland or Seattle. So it's nice, but not so simple.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:07 PM
p0pey
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been on some sort of "list" for a while now. SA avoided me and then told me they are working through the allocations for the VIPs first...and then will work down the list...

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread