Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:49 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

@chaosoul -Thanks for this great contribution.. it's reaffirmed a number of things for me,
Old 04-03-2017, 01:52 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
How does Porsche define VVIP? Also, what triggers special allocations?

VVIP are whoever PCNA and PAG says they are haha, literally. Most of the time they are race car drivers, celebrities, Porsche race team or PCNA/PAG business partners. For example, if you are the CEO of Brembo, ZF, Michelin, Apple (carplay), you simply tell them you would like to buy a GT3.

Special allocations are super rare and sometimes they are used as negotiations and compensations. For example, PCNA could make a mistake and affected a dealer, but instead of giving cash compensations, they could simply throw them an extra RS allocation or something to keep the dealer happy (since they know they have 30-70k easy profit in it)
Old 04-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
VVIP are whoever PCNA and PAG says they are haha, literally. Most of the time they are race car drivers, celebrities, Porsche race team or PCNA/PAG business partners. For example, if you are the CEO of Brembo, ZF, Michelin, Apple (carplay), you simply tell them you would like to buy a GT3.

Special allocations are super rare and sometimes they are used as negotiations and compensations. For example, PCNA could make a mistake and affected a dealer, but instead of giving cash compensations, they could simply throw them an extra RS allocation or something to keep the dealer happy (since they know they have 30-70k easy profit in it)
Thank you for your response.

You are an invaluable resource to this site. I hope you continue to participate.:thumb:
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by herenow
Has anyone, not in the 918 VIP program, dealing with a South Florida dealer, gotten their allocation confirmed yet?
My SA at Suncoast Porsche told me this weekend that they have not received any allocations and may not until the fall. My order is in and
I have a commission number, but it doesn't mean diddely squat without an allocation.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

If you have a commission number doesn't that mean you have an allocation?
Old 04-03-2017, 02:07 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Yes
Old 04-03-2017, 02:08 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

The dealers are making stuff up to tell you why they can't get you a car.
Lol! Thanks for confirming!
Old 04-03-2017, 02:14 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RFGGT3
My SA at Suncoast Porsche told me this weekend that they have not received any allocations and may not until the fall. My order is in and
I have a commission number, but it doesn't mean diddely squat without an allocation.
That is odd, I am in Oklahoma and got a call on Friday saying to come in and place my order because they have an allocation for me. I bet Suncoast is 2X my dealership in size and volume.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:14 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Yes

You can have a commission number without an allocation.

You can submit what is called an order request which is basically an empty shell with the customer's name and the build. It is in the Porsche system so it will have a commission number, which tells Porsche how much demand there is (and that there is a customer ready to buy it). Usually it works very well for normal cars. Since they are so many variations of cars now (like Carrera, base or S, coupe or Cab, or Targa, AWD or RWD), if Porsche sees there is a request for Carrera 4 Cab, it will more likely give them an allocation for the 4 Cab instead of a regular Cab or coupe. Unfortunately, Porsche already knows how much demand there is for GT cars.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:16 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You can submit what is called an order request which is basically an empty shell with the customer's name and the build. It is in the Porsche system so it will have a commission number, which tells Porsche how much demand there is (and that there is a customer ready to buy it). Usually it works very well for normal cars. Since they are so many variations of cars now (like Carrera, base or S, coupe or Cab, or Targa, AWD or RWD), if Porsche sees there is a request for Carrera 4 Cab, it will more likely give them an allocation for the 4 Cab instead of a regular Cab or coupe. Unfortunately, Porsche already knows how much demand there is for GT cars.
Exactly what my SA told me.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:20 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Isn't that V070? I'm pretty sure all of us in here have at least that haha
Old 04-03-2017, 02:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Or dealers are "gifted" GT allocations for taking slow moving models off PCNA's hands correct?? (ie: Panamera Whales, Hybrids, etc.)

By the way, are you a cleaning lady or man?? Or do you know the cleaning lady??

Last edited by STG; 04-03-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2017, 02:46 PM
needspeed
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My SA also put one in for me. I think he did it just to acknowledge my request and there's nothing else he can do until they get more allocations.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:47 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs

Haha yea, well if you have that at least the dealer is taking you seriously. They can't put too much order demands in, so people with dealers with apparently 45 people on the waitlist is not gonna get a V70.

Originally Posted by STG
Or dealers are "gifted" GT allocations for taking slow moving models off PCNA's hands correct?? (ie: Panamera Whales, Hybrids, etc.)

By the way, are you a cleaning lady or man?? Or do you know the cleaning lady??

As villains from DC comics multiverse would say "You won't even understand where I come from"

Yea its possible they can negotiate some of those as well. Its not really like PCNA have problems just allocating those cars anyways, since dealers will take it even if they know they might lose money because it will contribute to their total sales % to move up their pool allocation ladder (Dealers who are selling a bunch of Cayenne platinum at loss now will reap the benefit of the new Cayenne next year, probably all sold at MSRP like when Macan just came out)

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread