Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 05:35 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by shaytun
Not to add to any paranoia about the GT3 allocations, especially because I know it's early. Are many others getting the cold shoulder from dealers where they were on a list. Since allocations have been announced, I have left numerous voicemails without any replies. Makes you feel awfully suspicious. A few have been honest about their allocations.
Anyways, keeping fingers crossed and being patient like many on here have suggested.
I felt the same way, and in the end, I think there was confusion over the list itself and allocations. I think my dealership ended up with far less allocations than even they thought, and when they tallied the list I ended up at a sobering #41....ugh...

I feel for the dealership, they want to sell everyone on the list a car at MSRP, but that just isnt going to happen unless the german car building gnomes multiply by drastic numbers.

I do wonder if a touring edition, or variants are introduced if they will be considered a "new model" with a separate list, or if they are looked at as "packages." At this point Im trying to find anyway to make it happen.....
Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

^Way too early. They will continue to release allocations probably every quarter. See a round in Sept., Jan, Mar figure. Then there will be bonus allocations to Dealers ect.

I am figuring 2500- 3000 cars for US

Demand is probably for about twice that but if the market were to tank it may just be about right

**But let me add this. I do not believe any Dealer. They probably have allocations but will test the market. They probably thinking this could be bigger than the RS. A Manual 500 Hp NA ect.. They may not be willing to show their cards this early
Old 04-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by shaytun
Not to add to any paranoia about the GT3 allocations, especially because I know it's early. Are many others getting the cold shoulder from dealers where they were on a list. Since allocations have been announced, I have left numerous voicemails without any replies. Makes you feel awfully suspicious. A few have been honest about their allocations.
Anyways, keeping fingers crossed and being patient like many on here have suggested.
I got 2 calls from the 2 dealers I had my name with. Both cited the same thing. We are ready to place your order for Aug/Sep delivery. Yay! Followed by, "we want $50k over sticker". Not yay And I'm a returning customer, which clearly made no difference. I have an AMG GTR coming in July at MSRP as I feared this would happen. Anyone know of any dealers in the US who will order a GT3 at MSRP? Willing to travel
Old 04-02-2017, 09:23 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunate supply and demand issue in your market. Might touch base with dealers in central part of country they do business differently it seems.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:39 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I got 2 calls from the 2 dealers I had my name with. Both cited the same thing. We are ready to place your order for Aug/Sep delivery. Yay! Followed by, "we want $50k over sticker". Not yay And I'm a returning customer, which clearly made no difference. I have an AMG GTR coming in July at MSRP as I feared this would happen. Anyone know of any dealers in the US who will order a GT3 at MSRP? Willing to travel
Hey Simon, all the dealers I know that sell at MSRP have lists bigger than expected allocations. This may diminish as the time passes and people drop of from their multiple listings.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:13 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I thought PCNA has no control over the dealers?
I thought that was the main reason dealers get away with gouging people?
Originally Posted by Nick
As I understand it, the priority and price guarantee comes from PCNA and not the dealer. The dealer has nothing to say in those instances.

Honestly, it is in the dealer's best interest to sell to the 918 VIP customers at MSRP for a few reasons. Firstly, as Whoopsy has mentioned, you can't just change host dealers anytime you want easily for convenience, but however it is possible if you are very dissatisfied with the dealer or you have a permanent resident location change, etc.

The 918 VIP allocations for cars (such as 911R, RS, GT3, etc) are not part of dealer's allocation pool. These extra cars are technically "extra money" dealer is making. Dealer's will still make around 25-30k per 911R and RS including holdbacks for selling at MSRP. Even if selling over MSRP to 918 customers is possible for the dealer, they would be essentially be risking the 918 customer to permanently move host dealer and lose out on free 25-30k profit on all future extra allocation for these customers (like GT2RS, Speedster, GT4RS, etc). I would just make the easy money without conflict since these allocations were extra anyways. I am sure another dealer would gladly take over another 918 customer as host dealer to transact their future allocations at MSRP to make free extra profit.

As mentioned, the 918 VIP program allocations are not the dealer's allocation, the allocation is paired to the customer name under PVMS. For example, if a dealer says "I will only sell your 911R to you at 100k over", the customer can refuse to buy it like any customer's right. However, the dealer cannot just sell it to another customer at 100k or 200k over. Now not only the dealer lose out on the easy 30k profit from the deal, they can not sell the car to another customer. PCNA is extremely strict about these appointed allocation's contract have to be sent back to PCNA with the new registered owner matching 918 customer's name (even if it is under a corporation). PCNA will decide what to do with the allocation, whether to move the allocation to a different dealer, or in the case where the 918 customer actually doesn't want to buy it anymore, PCNA will decide what name to change to allocation to (like race car drivers, celebrity, Porsche business partners, etc)

On a different side note, although 918 VIP customers cannot just choose which dealer they want the allocation to be sent to, their car can be delivered to any dealer in the US every time. They call it courtesy delivery, where the ordering and purchasing of the car is still done through the original host dealer, but the car is sent directly from port and vessel to a different delivery dealer, where they would PDI and wash the car for them to pick up.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,089 Likes on 2,337 Posts

All you guys getting calls from dealers that are offering you an allocation over MSRP, please provide the name/s of the dealers so everyone here knows who to avoid and not call them.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:27 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
I am sure another dealer would gladly take over another 918 customer as host dealer to transact their future allocations at MSRP to make free extra profit.
AFAIK they then would have to send a tech to get the specialized 918 training and have to deal with the added inventory if and where applicable. So I believe it isn't just any dealer that can step up to take over.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:03 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,182 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Honestly, it is in the dealer's best interest to sell to the 918 VIP customers at MSRP for a few reasons. Firstly, as Whoopsy has mentioned, you can't just change host dealers anytime you want easily for convenience, but however it is possible if you are very dissatisfied with the dealer or you have a permanent resident location change, etc.

The 918 VIP allocations for cars (such as 911R, RS, GT3, etc) are not part of dealer's allocation pool. These extra cars are technically "extra money" dealer is making. Dealer's will still make around 25-30k per 911R and RS including holdbacks for selling at MSRP. Even if selling over MSRP to 918 customers is possible for the dealer, they would be essentially be risking the 918 customer to permanently move host dealer and lose out on free 25-30k profit on all future extra allocation for these customers (like GT2RS, Speedster, GT4RS, etc). I would just make the easy money without conflict since these allocations were extra anyways. I am sure another dealer would gladly take over another 918 customer as host dealer to transact their future allocations at MSRP to make free extra profit.

As mentioned, the 918 VIP program allocations are not the dealer's allocation, the allocation is paired to the customer name under PVMS. For example, if a dealer says "I will only sell your 911R to you at 100k over", the customer can refuse to buy it like any customer's right. However, the dealer cannot just sell it to another customer at 100k or 200k over. Now not only the dealer lose out on the easy 30k profit from the deal, they can not sell the car to another customer. PCNA is extremely strict about these appointed allocation's contract have to be sent back to PCNA with the new registered owner matching 918 customer's name (even if it is under a corporation). PCNA will decide what to do with the allocation, whether to move the allocation to a different dealer, or in the case where the 918 customer actually doesn't want to buy it anymore, PCNA will decide what name to change to allocation to (like race car drivers, celebrity, Porsche business partners, etc)

On a different side note, although 918 VIP customers cannot just choose which dealer they want the allocation to be sent to, their car can be delivered to any dealer in the US every time. They call it courtesy delivery, where the ordering and purchasing of the car is still done through the original host dealer, but the car is sent directly from port and vessel to a different delivery dealer, where they would PDI and wash the car for them to pick up.
You seem quite knowledgable in the workings of Porsche dealers. Do you work for Porsche in some capacity?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Superfans
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
All you guys getting calls from dealers that are offering you an allocation over MSRP, please provide the name/s of the dealers so everyone here knows who to avoid and not call them.
Are they authorised Porsche Centers? Would porsche AG actually allow their authorised sales center to increase price over MSRP?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:20 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfans
Are they authorised Porsche Centers? Would porsche AG actually allow their authorised sales center to increase price over MSRP?
In the US, the dealers may charge what they want.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:41 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Where is the list from .1GT3 sales? I am sure they are the same dealerships most people talk about.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

unsolicited offers from

lithia monterey porsche 15000 non refundable deposit and mkt price st time of delivery

bakersfield porsche 40000 over. i was about to show them
my family jewels as answer
Old 04-02-2017, 11:59 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Glad there not in my region to purchase from.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:03 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^Chaosoul welcome aboard , look forward to your insights thanks

John impressive

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread