Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
But what if they never call??
They will, positive vibes
Old 04-24-2017, 06:08 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
^ During this time, is it possible for PAG to say nah you can't get PTS? Or is purely a delay of production/delivery.

Meaning once PTS is approved in V200, is that set in stone and the variable is production/delivery?
Once PTS is approved, it is approved. The problem is the delay. In the case of my RS, it was in V200 status for December 2015 delivery, but once PTS was approved, everything went in a blackhole for months. Finally, new dates were assigned, and I received the car in May, 2016. To me, it was worth the wait.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
At least in Kalifornia you pay tax on ADM so yes effectively more.
Aka a double kick to the nuts.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
smudge07
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkdsr12
I remember the story below from January 2016 posted in The Telegraph. Find out who represented Mr. Hughes and have him write a letter to your dealer. Bet you get back to number 7.

Porsche Centre Bolton ordered to pay £35,000 in damages and at least £50,000 in legal fees to Kevin Hughes after selling the rare 911 GT3 RS 4.0 he’d ordered to another buyer

A Porsche dealer has been ordered to pay more than £85,000 to a pensioner after it sold the rare sports car he had ordered to buyer further down the waiting list.

67-year-old Kevin Hughes ordered a Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 from Porsche Centre Bolton, putting down a £10,000 deposit in order to secure the car.

The model’s production was so limited that only 30 were allocated to the UK, and Mr Hughes was told that he would be “first in the queue” if the dealership was one of those chosen to receive one of the cars, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Thanks to your help I have made some progress with my dealer.... not sure it is 100% progress I am going to call and check what they mean. Not sure if they are saying I will get a 2018 car they just can't say they will get any just now.... Reply from dealer today.

Good afternoon Mr Smith

Thank you for coming back to me.

The General Sales Manager and I have now had a chance to go through the information you were provided with and we agree that the position outlined was not representative of the actual facts.

Our allocation for this coming model year has been distributed however we believe it is right you are supplied a car in the future. Therefore, if production continues into 2018 and our allocation is sufficient we will look to supply you with a vehicle at that point. Alternatively, if that does not materialise we will guarantee you a 911 GT3 model when the current 991 Generation II vehicle is replaced by the next generation of 911.

I would like to apologise for the miss-communication and hope that you find the above resolution to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards
Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by smudge07
Thanks to your help I have made some progress with my dealer.... not sure it is 100% progress I am going to call and check what they mean. Not sure if they are saying I will get a 2018 car they just can't say they will get any just now.... Reply from dealer today.

Good afternoon Mr Smith

Thank you for coming back to me.

The General Sales Manager and I have now had a chance to go through the information you were provided with and we agree that the position outlined was not representative of the actual facts.

Our allocation for this coming model year has been distributed however we believe it is right you are supplied a car in the future. Therefore, if production continues into 2018 and our allocation is sufficient we will look to supply you with a vehicle at that point. Alternatively, if that does not materialise we will guarantee you a 911 GT3 model when the current 991 Generation II vehicle is replaced by the next generation of 911.

I would like to apologise for the miss-communication and hope that you find the above resolution to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards

It means that they already got allocation for production through end of this year but don't have enough to allocate one to you (and committed to other people). They are saying if they get enough allocation on the next allocation batch or next-next allocation batch, they will most likely get you one. Either way they guarantee you at least a next gen 911 GT3, but that won't happen till 2020-2021.

Good luck! Sound like you should be able to get an allocation next year.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:16 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

smudge, based on that pseudo weasel wording, I'd be willing to bet that email was reviewed by a lawyer before they hit send...
Old 04-25-2017, 01:30 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

^ During this time, is it possible for PAG to say nah you can't get PTS? Or is purely a delay of production/delivery.

Meaning once PTS is approved in V200, is that set in stone and the variable is production/delivery?
Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Once PTS is approved, it is approved. The problem is the delay. In the case of my RS, it was in V200 status for December 2015 delivery, but once PTS was approved, everything went in a blackhole for months. Finally, new dates were assigned, and I received the car in May, 2016. To me, it was worth the wait.
I would be interested in chaosoul's take on this as I believe approved (V200 status) PTS on GT4's were changed.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by herenow
Do we know anything about PTS? I was told, over a phone call, I received a PTS allocation for the .2 GT3(at msrp and a PDK). I was then told that PTS builds won't start until Oct/Nov. I am not sure if this is a true statement or if they are just telling me this to give them a few months to find me one?.... If someone can confirm if what my dealer is saying is true or false, that would be awesome. I have to confirm if it is V200 or not. I trust the dealer with getting me a car since I have bought countless cars from them in the past and service a ton with them currently, but just want to get a rough idea when I will see this GT3 come in.

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Originally Posted by BryanCO
I would be interested in chaosoul's take on this as I believe approved (V200 status) PTS on GT4's were changed.

Dealers do not know exactly when PTS will happen for the GT3 at the moment. All they know is that there is a window for allocations towards the end of the year. Like mentioned above, this does not mean that the car will be built in that window. It just means they will accept some original allocations in that window for PTS, when they will build it, and how much delay is a different question. PTS can delay the car from 1 month to 4 months, and more if you have LTS or CXX.

If a PTS request is accepted, I've hardly ever seen any cars that Porsche later turned back and said no they can't do it anymore (there are exceptions). Usually dealers will submit a regular order for your car (everything but PTS) and get a secure build date with V200 status. Then they will submit the PTS order and it'll turn into a limbo status until its been approved and accepted. If a dealer said a GT4 had V200 PTS status and then later said no they can't get them PTS, most likely the dealer miscommunicated with the customer and told them the V200 was for before PTS.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:20 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Dealers do not know exactly when PTS will happen for the GT3 at the moment. All they know is that there is a window for allocations towards the end of the year. Like mentioned above, this does not mean that the car will be built in that window. It just means they will accept some original allocations in that window for PTS, when they will build it, and how much delay is a different question. PTS can delay the car from 1 month to 4 months, and more if you have LTS or CXX.

If a PTS request is accepted, I've hardly ever seen any cars that Porsche later turned back and said no they can't do it anymore (there are exceptions). Usually dealers will submit a regular order for your car (everything but PTS) and get a secure build date with V200 status. Then they will submit the PTS order and it'll turn into a limbo status until its been approved and accepted. If a dealer said a GT4 had V200 PTS status and then later said no they can't get them PTS, most likely the dealer miscommunicated with the customer and told them the V200 was for before PTS.
Great info (again).
Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 AM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

My first ever Porsche went V200.

manual
stripper
September build/December delivery
socal
ADM

Wish I was paying MSRP but I'm in socal and have no rapport with any Porsche dealers. I also only put a deposit down the day the car was announced hoping to get one next year at the earliest, but got the call yesterday.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Wooly1
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs
My first ever Porsche went V200.

manual
stripper
September build/December delivery
socal
ADM

Wish I was paying MSRP but I'm in socal and have no rapport with any Porsche dealers. I also only put a deposit down the day the car was announced hoping to get one next year at the earliest, but got the call yesterday.
How much over MSRP did they make you pay?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine was loaded yesterday as well, went PDK, PCCB, Lift, Full Leather, PTS, LEDs, other small alcantara bits.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:32 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaosoul

Thank you for this info!

So .2 GT3's with PTS option won't be built until fall/winter of this year? So if opting for PTS, it won't be one of the first cars built? I just want to get my facts right so I am sorry if this is repetitive!

My dealer told me I got an allocation for PTS but I guess that is why they have yet to confirm V200? So tell me if I am wrong, my dealer submits my build, minus PTS... Then they wait for my build to gain V200 status... They then put the request in for the PTS slot they received.... Then once PTS has been approved for the car they will come back with a new build schedule? Or do they put in the PTS request before it reaches V200?

Thank you all for the information, learning a lot through this process. Just want to make sure my dealer is being honest as they told me PTS builds start Oct/Nov of this year....

Last edited by herenow; 04-25-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: quoted wrong text
Old 04-25-2017, 12:33 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Mine was loaded yesterday as well, went PDK, PCCB, Lift, Full Leather, PTS, LEDs, other small alcantara bits.
What PTS color did you go with? Did yours reach V200 and if so, when is your expected delivery date?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:46 PM
robgts
Instructor

Here is an opportunity for anyone that wants an allocation:

I called CPR classics in CA on a used GT3RS they have for sale. I passed and said I would wait for an '18 GT3 allocation. They responded back saying they have an '18 GT3 allocation that the owner does not want to order. It is through South Bay Porsche in CA. He is willing to sell the allocation for "around $10k over".

So if you want to negotiate an early allocation call Dylan at CPR classics. He said that they have not spec'd the car yet and you can send a build code. Dylan is a stand-up guy and they do great work down there at CPR.

Good luck...

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread