Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:13 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting conversation with GM of my dealer today.

41 on .2 GT3 list (he expects to get 25 cars ++)
7 on .2 GT3RS list

On both.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

Dealers have plenty of their own stories of customers who failed to perform, yet that's conveniently ignored on this board. Give the "stealership" label a rest - the meme is tired and unsupported. Although I think second stickers are short-sighted, they're not illegal, ok? As an aside, should an unfortunate dealer find itself in a court of law, they know one thing above all else: They'll lose to a jury decision.

Enlightened dealers reward customer patronage selling its cars at MSRP or below. Those selling above MSRP risk losing a customer with a long memory of having paid above it.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:25 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Newport had a policy of selling new cars for MSRP, including the 991.1 gt3, but I'm not sure if that is still true- maybe someone can chime in. I tried to get a 991.1 gt3 from Walters, but they told me that they spec all of their GT cars (no buildable allocations) and they go to clients who have bought multiple cars from them (?msrp). I agree that Circle is the best in SoCal.
There are plenty of for dealers in SoCal even though many call them stealers. Do they advertise over MSRP, you bet. To the guy calling on the phone pimping around trying to get on every dealers "list" and hasn't bought a single car from them, do they tell them the market price to pay, you bet. Doesn't mean they sell them at that.

I know the GM at Walters (Ed) (no they do not spec all their cars) and my good friend is best friends with the guy at Newport (Tim). They sell almost EVERY GT car at MSRP to GOOD customers. The ones that actually talk to them live, buy cars from them and stay loyal to that one dealer. I also know for a fact Circle and McKenna do the same exact thing.

As mentioned by a couple, find a dealer you like and stick with it rather than being that guy.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Dealers have plenty of their own stories of customers who failed to perform, yet that's conveniently ignored on this board. Give the "stealership" label a rest - the meme is tired and unsupported. Although I think second stickers are short-sighted, they're not illegal, ok? As an aside, should an unfortunate dealer find itself in a court of law, they know one thing above all else: They'll lose to a jury decision.

Enlightened dealers reward customer patronage selling its cars at MSRP or below. Those selling above MSRP risk losing a customer with a long memory of having paid above it.
Originally Posted by goin2drt
There are plenty of for dealers in SoCal even though many call them stealers. Do they advertise over MSRP, you bet. To the guy calling on the phone pimping around trying to get on every dealers "list" and hasn't bought a single car from them, do they tell them the market price to pay, you bet. Doesn't mean they sell them at that.

I know the GM at Walters (Ed) (no they do not spec all their cars) and my good friend is best friends with the guy at Newport (Tim). They sell almost EVERY GT car at MSRP to GOOD customers. The ones that actually talk to them live, buy cars from them and stay loyal to that one dealer. I also know for a fact Circle and McKenna do the same exact thing.

As mentioned by a couple, find a dealer you like and stick with it rather than being that guy.
I have no problem if a dealer asked for a moderate amount over MSRP to sell a desirable GT car to a new customer or non-local. The problem for me comes when they start asking for stupid prices (like $50k-$60k over for the GT3) and/or they spec their own cars trying to sell at a premium when they have local customers who would be willing to pay a moderate mark-up. The other issue I have with stealers is when they don't sell their GT cars at MSRP to their good customers and/or troll other dealers looking for their GT allocations....you know which dealer did the latter with the RS, right?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:10 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Yup. These are all true.

As mentioned before. Most people think if they call a dealer and they ask ADM, then the dealer sells all their GT cars at ADM, which is not true in most cases. A lot of dealers will sell 80% of their GT allocation at MSRP to good customers and leave 1 to 2 for ADM. If you're cold calling a lot of dealers, you're most likely not the repeat customer at all the dealers you called, therefore it make sense if you're always getting that one ADM allocation from every dealer.

As mentioned, there are some dealers who do sell every car at ADM price, and some dealers who sell zero cars with mark up, but most are somewhere in between like above.

For Newport, they do sell some cars at MSRP for good customers but as mentioned they lifted their "no mark up on any car" policy since towards the end of 991.1 GT3.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:40 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Yup. These are all true.

As mentioned before. Most people think if they call a dealer and they ask ADM, then the dealer sells all their GT cars at ADM, which is not true in most cases. A lot of dealers will sell 80% of their GT allocation at MSRP to good customers and leave 1 to 2 for ADM. If you're cold calling a lot of dealers, you're most likely not the repeat customer at all the dealers you called, therefore it make sense if you're always getting that one ADM allocation from every dealer.

As mentioned, there are some dealers who do sell every car at ADM price, and some dealers who sell zero cars with mark up, but most are somewhere in between like above.

For Newport, they do sell some cars at MSRP for good customers but as mentioned they lifted their "no mark up on any car" policy since towards the end of 991.1 GT3.
The hard part is knowing how one becomes a "good customer" at one of these dealerships. As we all know, each dealership is managed differently so what you'd have to do can vary wildly from buying a car every few years to having to buy a few cars a year or even more. It's just frustrating how hard it is to buy a new GT car at MSRP.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:08 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree that it might be hard to buy a new GT car. I don't care to much about speccing a car because I like them basic.

There are som many 991.1gt3 for sale at the moment. If I can't get a 991.2gt3 right away I would buy a used almost new 2015 gt3. Drive it for a year or two and then pick up a 991.2gt3. The dust have settled by then and you can buy a new or used car if still interested.
If not? Just keep enjoying the 991.1gt3

Always chasing the latest and greatest and not being VIP gets old and frustrating pretty quick.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:12 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
It was loaded yesterday, but please correct me if I'm wrong. You still are not 100% sure you will get PTS? Only that they will do their best to get you one.
Yes, it's a confirmed PTS slot. But Nothing is 100% until you see the car at the dealership...
Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The hard part is knowing how one becomes a "good customer" at one of these dealerships. As we all know, each dealership is managed differently so what you'd have to do can vary wildly from buying a car every few years to having to buy a few cars a year or even more. It's just frustrating how hard it is to buy a new GT car at MSRP.
I call it the magic list that no one gets to see? I think it's a joke like a blind bid, and people fall for it nuts. My first GT car I met a GM through a friend and we chatted about car ...........he got my number and called and said I have a allocation if you want it for MSRP 991.1 which I built. By the way he does not have a list nor take deposites, but will sell above as he chooses. Not a perfect science, but clearly the pick and choose on who pays! All I say is good luck buy what you like, and don't give a hoot what people think as tomorrow may never come!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I was told yesterday that I would be next on the 2 round of allocations . They said not to expect the next round of allocations till June. This far a PDK and standard colors. I am 16 on the list. This will be 14 cars that I have purchased from this dealership.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:53 AM
baguns
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kchu221
Just got a call from Mckenna Porsche saying they have one allocation available... The sales guy told me its available for configuration at 50K over MSRP, but if noone takes it, they will configure themselves and once it hits their floor, they will sell it at 60K over MSRP. L.O.L.
i got the same call as well. I was told that 2 other dealers were taking orders at 50k ADM so the market price is set. Crazy
Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

FYI, I am pretty sure there are GT3.2 allocations being made in Canada now. PDK only.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:04 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by bellatrix
FYI, I am pretty sure there are GT3.2 allocations being made in Canada now. PDK only.
Source?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bellatrix
I see you're in London. Did you get this from them? Did they get allocations? Did you get one?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:11 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I am in London. Yes. Yes. Yes. :>)))
July build date for September delivery.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread