Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:35 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Ok... I've been gone a little while but I'm back and caught up here.

I saw some comments about Canadian allocations coming out in May or maybe June. I don't think there was any info on where that came from but there's still nobody from Canada saying they've got one so it seems legit.

Any solid info out there?
918 owner Whoopsy provided those dates. It lines up with what I was told . Either way.. I know it's coming so not bothering my dealer.. lol
Old 04-24-2017, 09:53 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'll try for PTS but the fall bought will be Miami Blue. I saw a Miami Blue 911 out in the sun at a local stealer and loved the car color. Toying with the idea of black wheels, but keep coming back to the standard silver ones. I think my build was right around $160k with Miami Blue, LWBS, and a few other options. How about you?
As it stands now, Graphite Blue Metallic, LWBS, leather interior with platinum stitching, silver belts etc. I tried to keep the weight as low as possible, but did not get PCCB. The freeze date is 09/04, and I hope the PTS window opens up soon.

I usually don't order the leather interior option (did not get it on the RS), but the GT4 has it (given that you configured it), and I really like it. I don't like black wheels because they appear to make the car "float". To me, wheels give visual reference, and proportion to a car, and black wheels reduce both of those factors. The standard silver ones look great with most of the colors.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:15 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

My order's freeze point is literally 8 weeks away and I also have a GBM spec. I went with the stock iron rotors although part of me is still thinking of the PCCBs. I also stayed with the standard silver color wheels which I also like and the LEDs w/ PDLS (not black though)... my preference on this build along with the sport buckets of course and some more interior fluff.

I think it looks good either way whether light or dark wheels and whether red or yellow calipers...

The good thing is, besides at your local dealer, there are examples online of how GBM looks like when paired with different colored wheels and calipers..... https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9505...-s-see-em.html
Old 04-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
918 owner Whoopsy provided those dates. It lines up with what I was told . Either way.. I know it's coming so not bothering my dealer.. lol
I'm not sure my communication quite counts as "bothering" my SA... but he may not entirely agree.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
My order's freeze point is literally 8 weeks away and I also have a GBM spec. I went with the stock iron rotors although part of me is still thinking of the PCCBs. I also stayed with the standard silver color wheels which I also like and the LEDs w/ PDLS (not black though)... my preference on this build along with the sport buckets of course and some more interior fluff.

I think it looks good either way whether light or dark wheels and whether red or yellow calipers...

The good thing is, besides at your local dealer, there are examples online of how GBM looks like when paired with different colored wheels and calipers..... https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9505...-s-see-em.html
Thanks for the link to the thread with all the pictures. I will most likely stick with this color, and not get PTS.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
As it stands now, Graphite Blue Metallic, LWBS, leather interior with platinum stitching, silver belts etc. I tried to keep the weight as low as possible, but did not get PCCB. The freeze date is 09/04, and I hope the PTS window opens up soon.

I usually don't order the leather interior option (did not get it on the RS), but the GT4 has it (given that you configured it), and I really like it. I don't like black wheels because they appear to make the car "float". To me, wheels give visual reference, and proportion to a car, and black wheels reduce both of those factors. The standard silver ones look great with most of the colors.
Yeah, I saw that color at the dealer and it's nice too but I just love BLUE so gotta do Miami Blue. I'm also going to do full leather and the $700 headlight option to get black headlights along with the extended tank, fire extinguisher, red belts, carbon fiber dash pieces, and the red stripe on the wheel. Nice to hear that you got an allocation. When you talk to Jim, tell him that I said hello and let him know I'm waiting patiently for my allocation. haha
Old 04-24-2017, 02:48 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we know anything about PTS? I was told, over a phone call, I received a PTS allocation for the .2 GT3(at msrp and a PDK). I was then told that PTS builds won't start until Oct/Nov. I am not sure if this is a true statement or if they are just telling me this to give them a few months to find me one?.... If someone can confirm if what my dealer is saying is true or false, that would be awesome. I have to confirm if it is V200 or not. I trust the dealer with getting me a car since I have bought countless cars from them in the past and service a ton with them currently, but just want to get a rough idea when I will see this GT3 come in.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:55 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

^ Hell of a deal to get PTS at MSRP.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I'm not sure my communication quite counts as "bothering" my SA... but he may not entirely agree.
Ha! I'm maintaining "radio silence" until they call me..... 'cus after that is when I start bothering my SA on a daily.. haha
Old 04-24-2017, 04:25 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Ha! I'm maintaining "radio silence" until they call me..... 'cus after that is when I start bothering my SA on a daily.. haha
But what if they never call??
Old 04-24-2017, 05:06 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by herenow
Do we know anything about PTS? I was told, over a phone call, I received a PTS allocation for the .2 GT3(at msrp and a PDK). I was then told that PTS builds won't start until Oct/Nov. I am not sure if this is a true statement or if they are just telling me this to give them a few months to find me one?.... If someone can confirm if what my dealer is saying is true or false, that would be awesome. I have to confirm if it is V200 or not. I trust the dealer with getting me a car since I have bought countless cars from them in the past and service a ton with them currently, but just want to get a rough idea when I will see this GT3 come in.
I was told fall production for my PTS slot as well - still not finished it 100% (debating between MT and PDK). I've had locked PTS orders in the past has been delayed multiple times once builds are locked (I had one car go from Sept to Mar while it was locked), so you need to roll with the punches if going the PTS route.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:17 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

^ During this time, is it possible for PAG to say nah you can't get PTS? Or is purely a delay of production/delivery.

Meaning once PTS is approved in V200, is that set in stone and the variable is production/delivery?
Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Only time I've had that happen was during the stop sale for the .1 GT3. I probably could have stuck it out but got sick of waiting so just went a standard color. I got LWBs as a consolation prize which mattered more to me than color anyway.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:38 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Question about ADM's, is it added after tax is calculated or is it included in the tax, effectively raising the price of the whole car? Never paid an ADM before.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:50 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs
Question about ADM's, is it added after tax is calculated or is it included in the tax, effectively raising the price of the whole car? Never paid an ADM before.
At least in Kalifornia you pay tax on ADM so yes effectively more.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread