Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Ernesto Schmitt
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Breaking news: embargo for reviews of the 991.2 GT3 lifts at 00:00 Central European Time tomorrow, April 27th. Word from my cleaning lady is: "ha! It's awesome! Engine is unbelievable. The biggest change. Can't believe how angry it is. Chassis better ride, better turn-in. It's a bigger step than I expected. But it is quite hardcore - pretty noisy on the road with that racecar engine." Just over 24hrs to go guys.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:37 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
I need to meet some of these customers that supposedly will pay 50-60K over msrp for a GT3! I have so many things to sell... Alternatively I need to get my hands on what the dealer is smoking...
Kali must have some good sh*t... seriously.. I will take a kilo,
Old 04-25-2017, 06:49 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Here's my list of LA/OC/IE based stealers....

Auto Gallery
Beverly Hills
Rusnak
South Bay
McKenna
Newport

Decent dealers are Circle and Walters, although both blew me off and went MIA on me during the RS days.
Newport had a policy of selling new cars for MSRP, including the 991.1 gt3, but I'm not sure if that is still true- maybe someone can chime in. I tried to get a 991.1 gt3 from Walters, but they told me that they spec all of their GT cars (no buildable allocations) and they go to clients who have bought multiple cars from them (?msrp). I agree that Circle is the best in SoCal.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:30 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Newport had a policy of selling new cars for MSRP, including the 991.1 gt3, but I'm not sure if that is still true- maybe someone can chime in. I tried to get a 991.1 gt3 from Walters, but they told me that they spec all of their GT cars (no buildable allocations) and they go to clients who have bought multiple cars from them (?msrp). I agree that Circle is the best in SoCal.
Yeah I heard folks getting their GT cars for MSRP from Newport and I looked at a 2015 GT3 that was offered to me at MSRP from them but passed on it hence why I put them at the bottom of the stealer list. Walters service is great but they basically ignored me on the sales side when I asked about being put on their GT4 and RS listings.

Circle seemed to be interested in me initially as I told them I get my cars serviced regularly as I drive/track them but as soon as I said I won't be buying any non-GT cars that interest faded very quickly. I do know that they sell their GT cars for MSRP to their good customers, my problem is that I'll never be a good customer to them.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by kchu221
Just got a call from Mckenna Porsche saying they have one allocation available... The sales guy told me its available for configuration at 50K over MSRP, but if noone takes it, they will configure themselves and once it hits their floor, they will sell it at 60K over MSRP. L.O.L.
Gotta love that math. "Yeah, if we can't sell it for 50 over, we'll build it the way we want it and sell if for 60 over..." Because, you know, people pay extra for cars built to someone else's specs...
Old 04-25-2017, 07:39 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got a call from Mckenna Porsche saying they have one allocation available... The sales guy told me its available for configuration at 50K over MSRP, but if noone takes it, they will configure themselves and once it hits their floor, they will sell it at 60K over MSRP. L.O.L.
McKenna is one of the worst in my opinion in terms of stealerships in LA.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rollsroy
McKenna is one of the worst in my opinion in terms of stealerships in LA.
Originally Posted by Archimedes
Gotta love that math. "Yeah, if we can't sell it for 50 over, we'll build it the way we want it and sell if for 60 over..." Because, you know, people pay extra for cars built to someone else's specs...
And that spec is going to be stupid....watch....a premium color, PCCBs, red stitching, black set belts, bose speakers, $3k headlights, 18-way sofa seats....it'll be a $250k GT3.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:47 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a long day today at work, this read gave me exactly what I needed, a good laugh. What a joke.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Dealers are straight up criminals.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:07 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernesto Schmitt
Breaking news: embargo for reviews of the 991.2 GT3 lifts at 00:00 Central European Time tomorrow, April 27th. Word from my cleaning lady is: "ha! It's awesome! Engine is unbelievable. The biggest change. Can't believe how angry it is. Chassis better ride, better turn-in. It's a bigger step than I expected. But it is quite hardcore - pretty noisy on the road with that racecar engine." Just over 24hrs to go guys.
I'm interested to hear all about it.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:32 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo

I'll give an update to Newport. Newport USED TO not allowed to sell cars with mark up to any customer, doesn't matter vip or not. The last car they did that was 991.1 GT3. Starting at GT4 and GT3RS they began to spec cars themselves and sell at huge premium mark ups. Some vip customers and good repeat customers still got some cars at MSRP but its no longer the all cars must sell at MSRP policy anymore.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah I heard folks getting their GT cars for MSRP from Newport and I looked at a 2015 GT3 that was offered to me at MSRP from them but passed on it hence why I put them at the bottom of the stealer list. Walters service is great but they basically ignored me on the sales side when I asked about being put on their GT4 and RS listings.

Circle seemed to be interested in me initially as I told them I get my cars serviced regularly as I drive/track them but as soon as I said I won't be buying any non-GT cars that interest faded very quickly. I do know that they sell their GT cars for MSRP to their good customers, my problem is that I'll never be a good customer to them.

I know you been trying to go to different good guy dealers to tell them you'll be servicing a lot of GT cars at their dealership. Unfortunately, regardless of which Porsche dealer you go to, they won't care that much. They should care yes, but unless you are speaking with the General Manager himself/herself, the rest of the people don't care about service revenue. Everyone from Sales Advisor all the way up to General Sales Manager are only paid are graded on Sales department performance, and not held liable for Service Department revenues. They are very separated departments so most employees would care less. Trying to get Service manager to get you a car won't work well either. Only the General Manager will be responsible for both Sales Revenue and Service Revenue.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaosoul
They should care yes, but unless you are speaking with the General Manager himself/herself, the rest of the people don't care about service revenue. Everyone from Sales Advisor all the way up to General Sales Manager are only paid are graded on Sales department performance, and not held liable for Service Department revenues. They are very separated departments so most employees would care less. Trying to get Service manager to get you a car won't work well either. Only the General Manager will be responsible for both Sales Revenue and Service Revenue.
Exactly right. GM at my Porsche dealer told me they are all different revenue streams and accountable to their dept only.

He got pissed they charged $88 to him for 2 minutes to install side LED lights on RS--2 minute job.

It's a battle royal even inter dept at dealers.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaosoul
I'll give an update to Newport. Newport USED TO not allowed to sell cars with mark up to any customer, doesn't matter vip or not. The last car they did that was 991.1 GT3. Starting at GT4 and GT3RS they began to spec cars themselves and sell at huge premium mark ups. Some vip customers and good repeat customers still got some cars at MSRP but its no longer the all cars must sell at MSRP policy anymore.

I know you been trying to go to different good guy dealers to tell them you'll be servicing a lot of GT cars at their dealership. Unfortunately, regardless of which Porsche dealer you go to, they won't care that much. They should care yes, but unless you are speaking with the General Manager himself/herself, the rest of the people don't care about service revenue. Everyone from Sales Advisor all the way up to General Sales Manager are only paid are graded on Sales department performance, and not held liable for Service Department revenues. They are very separated departments so most employees would care less. Trying to get Service manager to get you a car won't work well either. Only the General Manager will be responsible for both Sales Revenue and Service Revenue.
No wonder why I got crickets from Circle and Walters.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:58 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

The best way to get an allocation at MSRP is to be a consistent customer at your dealership of choice.
Sometimes paying a slight markup is the best way to get your foot into the door for the next GT car.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:04 PM
smudge07
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
smudge, based on that pseudo weasel wording, I'd be willing to bet that email was reviewed by a lawyer before they hit send...
Thats a good shout - weasel words is spot on.... I called and spoke with them today - very apologetic and says they are committed to getting me a car. Said he was being vague because although they should get further cars he can't promise. Keeping everything crossed for next year...

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread