Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 02:58 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
This is a great point. I keep hearing about these multi year old blind deposits. For those of you that have started playing this way, think how unfair it would be if your $1000 "deposit" got you in front of guys that buy lots of cars and make the dealer lots of money. It's silly.

I will admit that it is unscrupulous for some dealers to promise these people high priority just so they can hold their money. Uncool.
I don't disagree. But what I disagree with is the dealer taking the money under the premise that it would prove me with some type of preferential position in terms of buying this car, only later to find out that's actually not the case. The dealer shouldn't have even taken my money in the first place.

Typical stealer.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

If you are active with a Porsche dealer, regularly buy cars, keep the relationship going, you can and will have the opportunity to order and purchase limited production models such as the GT3RS and GT2RS... I know this for a fact, because I've done it!
Agree
Old 08-04-2017, 03:53 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

This is a great point. I keep hearing about these multi year old blind deposits. For those of you that have started playing this way, think how unfair it would be if your $1000 "deposit" got you in front of guys that buy lots of cars and make the dealer lots of money. It's silly.

I will admit that it is unscrupulous for some dealers to promise these people high priority just so they can hold their money. Uncool.
Thankfully not all dealers think that way. I still have one dealer that honors his lists and will only sell at MSRP. When I told him what the Austin dealer wanted to start bidding at for spots, their response was basically, "what's fair is fair, we make enough at MSRP." They don't care if you buy 100 cars a year, or GT only cars every year.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:56 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As for your purchase history, ask your dealer how many customers have bought more regular cars in the last 6 months than you have bought in the last 6 years. I promise you will be surprised.
If I lived in a bigger city, I think you'd be absolutely correct. But I live in a town of 400,000 people... I can assure you, there's not that kind of money floating around where I live...
Old 08-04-2017, 04:24 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,543 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
may very well follow suit.
even without the game, porsche pricing structure is not making sense.
Originally Posted by mooty
u will see that a lot of old guards not buying GT2RS, or GT3RS or even GT3...
but there are always new blood coming in to buy
Huracan Performante.

Would rather have the Lambo than a Ferrari 458 or 488 (either Speciale or GTO trims)

Yes, I know it's AWD, but it'll spank both F cars on a track, ceteris paribus.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:29 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
I was in the meeting yesterday with the concerned owners group and asked Frank Walliser head of GT cars about production levels for the GT2RS and he said this will not be a numbered car and that they will produce enough cars -1 for those that want one. He stated they made a mistake with the 911R by not producing enough cars which created ill will from those that didn't get one..
With all due respect, I think Mr. Walliser is blowing smoke. To me, Porsche producing more GT cars going forward has less to do with repairing bruised feelings of customers who didn't get one and more to do with the need for Porsche to sell more 911's. Worldwide, I suspect; but, in the US in particular.

Check out the "911" line : http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=1033

It's been that way for a while.

Limiting production of the 911 GT cars to retain their exclusivity (or whatever) is an interesting tactic (borrowed from Ferrari,I think). It seems to me, that it works as long as other 911 cars occupy the assembly line time. But, when run of the mill 911's aren't selling, the assembly line slows, maybe even stops. Because an inactive assembly line quickly gobbles up lots of profit, the pressure increases to sell more of something that does have demand- i.e., GT cars.

It may soon be a good time to pick one up at sticker, or less.

That's my take on it.

Last edited by fuddman; 08-04-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Apex-Monkey
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What color combination do you think we will see for the GT2RS at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance this year ?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:05 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 115 Posts

[QUOTE=fuddman;14373150]With all due respect, I think Mr. Walliser is blowing smoke. To me, Porsche producing more GT cars going forward has less to do with repairing bruised feelings of customers who didn't get one and more to do with the need for Porsche to sell more 911's. Worldwide, I suspect; but, in the US in particular.

Dr Frank Walliser will never blow smoke up your ***. This guy didn't get to the top of the heap because he was a bull ****ter. The dealings with him are as honest as you will find from any top executive.
Let me ask you a question, would you rather have 300k cars going down the production line or 100k. They can only build so many cars with the current facilities, what's your call...what would you do?
The question should be what will the true depreciation value be given a higher production level. If the cars are not rare it will depreciate like any other car...
Old 08-05-2017, 01:16 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=SmokinGTS;14373968]
Originally Posted by fuddman
With all due respect, I think Mr. Walliser is blowing smoke. To me, Porsche producing more GT cars going forward has less to do with repairing bruised feelings of customers who didn't get one and more to do with the need for Porsche to sell more 911's. Worldwide, I suspect; but, in the US in particular.

Dr Frank Walliser will never blow smoke up your ***. This guy didn't get to the top of the heap because he was a bull ****ter. The dealings with him are as honest as you will find from any top executive.
Let me ask you a question, would you rather have 300k cars going down the production line or 100k. They can only build so many cars with the current facilities, what's your call...what would you do?
The question should be what will the true depreciation value be given a higher production level. If the cars are not rare it will depreciate like any other car...
I don't care about depreciation these are cars - don't drive them they depreciate less is that what your concerned group discusses with Mr Walliser?

I made an effort to place a deposit on a 350k car - they / dealer can not will not respond in any manner.

So I take my 350k and buy something else do who do you think earned my business.

Appreciate you posting but it's just not reality - drivers want their cars it's one thing to place a deposit and wait it's another when one goes to the store and it's closed during business hours.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:21 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,543 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman

Check out the "911" line : http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=1033

It's been that way for a while.

Limiting production of the 911 GT cars to retain their exclusivity (or whatever) is an interesting tactic (borrowed from Ferrari,I think). It seems to me, that it works as long as other 911 cars occupy the assembly line time. But, when run of the mill 911's aren't selling, the assembly line slows, maybe even stops. Because an inactive assembly line quickly gobbles up lots of profit, the pressure increases to sell more of something that does have demand- i.e., GT cars.

It may soon be a good time to pick one up at sticker, or less.

That's my take on it.
If the folks that run PAG are as wise as you say, then they should know that PAG as an entity will not survive based on 911 sales, much less by ramping up GT sales. The 1980s should've taught him that.

Nowadays, PAG is an SUV company, as the link you provided so clearly illustrates.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:01 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

[QUOTE=nuvolari612;14374074]

I don't care about depreciation these are cars - don't drive them they depreciate less is that what your concerned group discusses with Mr Walliser?

I made an effort to place a deposit on a 350k car - they / dealer can not will not respond in any manner.

So I take my 350k and buy something else do who do you think earned my business.

Appreciate you posting but it's just not reality - drivers want their cars it's one thing to place a deposit and wait it's another when one goes to the store and it's closed during business hours.
Whether GT cars depreciated a lot or went up in value, it doesn't matter to me. I'm a driver and tracking for me is my way of blowing off steam after all the hustlin plus the guys that I track with are all good people. I never knew it was going to be this difficult buying expensive cars, you'd think it'd be a easier. A part of me is hoping that Porsche fully goes turbo or hybrid so I can stop trying to buy new GT cars.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

If you are active with a Porsche dealer, regularly buy cars, keep the relationship going, you can and will have the opportunity to order and purchase limited production models such as the GT3RS and GT2RS... I know this for a fact, because I've done it!
depends on which GT3RS and GT2RS.
997 GT2RS was easy to get
997 RS4.0 was easy to get

the net RS may not be so easy

neither was the R.

i bought more GT3/RS in last 10 years than some dealers! i was not able to land a R, .and close to 30 GT/RS cars i only got ONE PTS...

pls introduce your dealer to me.

i can bring them more customers than they can fathom.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:15 PM
GT288
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=nuvolari612;14374074]

Well said!!! agree 100% With Mclaren in the mix now. There's an equal if not better alternative now.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:51 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 11-07-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:31 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=GT288;14374583]
Originally Posted by nuvolari612

Well said!!! agree 100% With Mclaren in the mix now. There's an equal if not better alternative now.
Thanks and agree - 675LT spider maybe a Ford GT Heritage.

RS drive today only thing missing is a better exhaust - no turbo / additional 150K I am out of the Porsche dealer game.

Cares aren't really getting that much faster - tires are.

Look at the Camaro run at the ring - Goodyear just showed the industry a whole new level of performance.
Attached Images  

Last edited by nuvolari612; 08-05-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS