991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 03:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Give me a break
I think they were asked what they thought of the exhaust sound of the car...
Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
mostly lies, heres how it goes

you: Hey mr dealer, Im interested in a GT2RS

them: Hey thats great, problem is we only have 2 allocations, the first one is going to George Clooney, he's buying it for Huma Abedin, ever since they came out with PDK lots of women driving them now, Huma can't drive stick, George paid 75K over I might be able to get the owner to do better for you, its a limited production car, I think there are only going to be like maybe 500 for the whole world

you: seriously, I thought Porsche was cracking down on flippers, and they priced it pretty high and for the first time we pay more than europe does even though they pay VAT. Is it a numbered car?

Them: look man, even at 50k over you are ahead, theres a dealership in totalgaynessville, they only got one allocation and they sold it for 250k over. This thing is so fast, Porsche wont release its Ring times, they made an agreement not to because the people at the ring thought people would try to duplicate the time and get killed. I mean if it weren't for the limiter that German law required them to install they think it could go Mach 1. The first test driver ended up in the hospital from G forces, they had to hire F-22 Raptor pilots from the USAF to test it at Weissach, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Porsche bought two strands of Ayrton Sennas hair from a Japanese collector and cloned him, thats who did the Nurburgring run. Im getting like 5 calls a day offering me a lot more. Look at it as an investment, you'll make any ADM back after a year, hell look at the stock market, Im sure you've made money, so its like a free car for you.

you:I was gonna drive it, go to work cars n coffee maybe a track day or two, take it to walmart really use it like a car

them: look do what you want but this is rarer than a dinosaur egg man, you need to call me soon, I got 10 others guy ahead of you but if you put down like maybe 50k, I can get you our 2019 allocation, if I can bang your sister. Porsche isn't sure if they are gonna number it on a plaque or just number them internally, it doesn't matter its so rare, Did you know Preuzenegger builds every motor buy hand, they use his sweat as a lubricant!

you: man this is a big hassle just to buy a car, I don't really want the Mac, but the dealer there is giving em away and he said I could bang HIS sister if I bought one, at a discount and he was throwing in extended warranty a track day and coupons for a driving school, The Ferrari guy says he'll take me to a nightclub if I buy from him and they chevy dealer said his brother in law would give me a discount on the house remodel Im thinking about if I bought a vette. The only place that was more difficult to buy from was Honda, I dropped my kids car off there, they told me I couldn't drive or touch they Type R without a signed contract for 10-20 over.
Best post I've read in a long, long time...
Old 07-17-2017, 05:04 AM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by dark knight
mostly lies, heres how it goes

you: Hey mr dealer, Im interested in a GT2RS

them: Hey thats great, problem is we only have 2 allocations, the first one is going to George Clooney, he's buying it for Huma Abedin, ever since they came out with PDK lots of women driving them now, Huma can't drive stick, George paid 75K over I might be able to get the owner to do better for you, its a limited production car, I think there are only going to be like maybe 500 for the whole world

you: seriously, I thought Porsche was cracking down on flippers, and they priced it pretty high and for the first time we pay more than europe does even though they pay VAT. Is it a numbered car?

Them: look man, even at 50k over you are ahead, theres a dealership in totalgaynessville, they only got one allocation and they sold it for 250k over. This thing is so fast, Porsche wont release its Ring times, they made an agreement not to because the people at the ring thought people would try to duplicate the time and get killed. I mean if it weren't for the limiter that German law required them to install they think it could go Mach 1. The first test driver ended up in the hospital from G forces, they had to hire F-22 Raptor pilots from the USAF to test it at Weissach, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Porsche bought two strands of Ayrton Sennas hair from a Japanese collector and cloned him, thats who did the Nurburgring run. Im getting like 5 calls a day offering me a lot more. Look at it as an investment, you'll make any ADM back after a year, hell look at the stock market, Im sure you've made money, so its like a free car for you.

you:I was gonna drive it, go to work cars n coffee maybe a track day or two, take it to walmart really use it like a car

them: look do what you want but this is rarer than a dinosaur egg man, you need to call me soon, I got 10 others guy ahead of you but if you put down like maybe 50k, I can get you our 2019 allocation, if I can bang your sister. Porsche isn't sure if they are gonna number it on a plaque or just number them internally, it doesn't matter its so rare, Did you know Preuzenegger builds every motor buy hand, they use his sweat as a lubricant!

you: man this is a big hassle just to buy a car, I don't really want the Mac, but the dealer there is giving em away and he said I could bang HIS sister if I bought one, at a discount and he was throwing in extended warranty a track day and coupons for a driving school, The Ferrari guy says he'll take me to a nightclub if I buy from him and they chevy dealer said his brother in law would give me a discount on the house remodel Im thinking about if I bought a vette. The only place that was more difficult to buy from was Honda, I dropped my kids car off there, they told me I couldn't drive or touch they Type R without a signed contract for 10-20 over.
cracked up on this::))
Old 07-17-2017, 05:31 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very accurate, Dark Knight...
always amazes me how some smart people fall for the BS. It does seem to work for a while at least...
Old 07-17-2017, 10:35 AM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 07-17-2017, 10:36 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 195 Posts

bad news:

if you want to configure a GT2RS at porsche.de (GERMANY) you get this message:

Dear Porsche friend,

The model you have selected is no longer available as a freely configurable new car.

We would like to give you the opportunity to continue to see the model in the Car Configurator.

Have fun!
Your Porsche Team

i thought they will make more.
maybe they will - but with this message they do have already all the order books full; with 150% of the 200% amount of units they planed to built...
Old 07-17-2017, 10:38 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 634 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by JonA85

Looks like a GT3RS. Nothing really special here. 9a1 turbo motor with new turbos and internals. Least bespoke GT engine maybe ever. Meh.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:46 AM
TomTomTom
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo

Looks like a GT3RS. Nothing really special here. 9a1 turbo motor with new turbos and internals. Least bespoke GT engine maybe ever. Meh.
come on... what do you want?

This thing has some of the most "fancy" stuff on a 911 car that Porsche has ever made. Some even say that it is too much...

If you say "it looks like a 3RS" then sure it also looks like a 991.2 base...

It will always be a 991.2, that's sadly unchangeable.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:21 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

"Looks like a 3RS, nothing special here"... all I hear is RS is an RS.. but when it looks like a 2RS, it's not special..
It will be interesting to come back to this thread after the 2RS has been released and we see them on the roads.. I would bet good $ that many here who are taking liberal shots (for whatever personal reasons) will be eating a large portion of humble pie..

I am hoping to get lucky and score an allocation.. Can't wait to drive this beast in europe!.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo

Vorsteiner makes a wing for the Turbo/S that makes it look like an RS. Throw on a Tune also and there is your $300,000 plus car.

Porsche going to make some serious margin of this one
Old 07-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 725 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
It will be interesting to come back to this thread after the 2RS has been released and we see them on the roads.
Here in Scottsdale, I see at least one Porsche about every minute driving around. If I see one GT2RS actually driving on the road I'll be shocked. Unless it's going to or from a cars & coffee, likely on a trailer in a lexan enclosure.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

The 2RS will be a very powerful car. One that very few buyers will be able to handle. I would be very fearful/cautious being close to one on the road. Here is an example with a "measly" 991Turbo.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:06 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Best post I've read in a long, long time...
co-signed
Old 07-17-2017, 01:24 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,834 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
The 2RS will be a very powerful car. One that very few buyers will be able to handle. I would be very fearful/cautious being close to one on the road. Here is an example with a "measly" 991Turbo.
Nick - can you imagine how boring these cars would be to drive if they were crash-proof in the hands of the worst possible driver?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

Grant, you bring up an interesting point. With recent major hp increases for all high performance sport cars, maybe there should be license requirements for buying these cars. After all none of us can fly a plane without a special license and training.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS