Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Sebastian vittel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=nuvolari612;14326733]Thanks.

Party is for the 918 owners - anyone after that is an after thought. If Porsche wants these cars to be driven vs feather dusted they will produce enough to sprinkle them at every dealer but if they want their top tier customers and dealers to make a few extra bucks they will be limited. After the R debacle I think Porsche sees there is no
Old 07-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Sebastian vittel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Personally I'd rather have a non-PTS car at the start of 2018; wouldn't have the patience to wait another year, especiallly once the reviews and first customer cars come out!
not agree, maybe it is better to wait few month after the first delivery to limit the risk about the risk of various problem on new production car, remember the first 991 gt3 who burned after hard driving...
Old 07-16-2017, 02:12 PM
trev0006
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-16-2017, 02:39 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian vittel
not agree, maybe it is better to wait few month after the first delivery to limit the risk about the risk of various problem on new production car, remember the first 991 gt3 who burned after hard driving...
Nope - just give me the new shiny, fast thing and i can put lots of miles on it and make sure it works. They can fix it under warranty if not!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,899 Likes on 978 Posts

spark 1/18

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ssach&_sacat=0
Attached Images   
Old 07-16-2017, 04:34 PM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Spotted at the Ring.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:36 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trev0006
Give me a break
Old 07-16-2017, 07:22 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,377 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Give me a break
lol
Old 07-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by deanneuls
Does anyone know the criteria on which dealers are given allocations of the GT2 RS? Porsche Vancouver has told me they have 5 of the 918 guys in line for their allocations and they don't know how many they will receive, as Whoopsy said, until Q4. On top of the 918 guys, there is a concentration of wealth here in the city - so it may not be the place to wait and hope.

I'm wondering if I should be talking to dealers in smaller regions, where they may only get a car or two, but not as much demand? But then, will these smaller guys even get a 2RS allocation at all.
Officially only 2 of the 5 is left in the VIP program.

For the other 3, 1 is the dealer owner, another one is the owner of 2nd hand car shop and that last one is a real customer.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:42 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by russdc
My local dealer just sold 2 cars for 250K over!!!! I just don't get it....
mostly lies, heres how it goes

you: Hey mr dealer, Im interested in a GT2RS

them: Hey thats great, problem is we only have 2 allocations, the first one is going to George Clooney, he's buying it for Huma Abedin, ever since they came out with PDK lots of women driving them now, Huma can't drive stick, George paid 75K over I might be able to get the owner to do better for you, its a limited production car, I think there are only going to be like maybe 500 for the whole world

you: seriously, I thought Porsche was cracking down on flippers, and they priced it pretty high and for the first time we pay more than europe does even though they pay VAT. Is it a numbered car?

Them: look man, even at 50k over you are ahead, theres a dealership in totalgaynessville, they only got one allocation and they sold it for 250k over. This thing is so fast, Porsche wont release its Ring times, they made an agreement not to because the people at the ring thought people would try to duplicate the time and get killed. I mean if it weren't for the limiter that German law required them to install they think it could go Mach 1. The first test driver ended up in the hospital from G forces, they had to hire F-22 Raptor pilots from the USAF to test it at Weissach, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Porsche bought two strands of Ayrton Sennas hair from a Japanese collector and cloned him, thats who did the Nurburgring run. Im getting like 5 calls a day offering me a lot more. Look at it as an investment, you'll make any ADM back after a year, hell look at the stock market, Im sure you've made money, so its like a free car for you.

you:I was gonna drive it, go to work cars n coffee maybe a track day or two, take it to walmart really use it like a car

them: look do what you want but this is rarer than a dinosaur egg man, you need to call me soon, I got 10 others guy ahead of you but if you put down like maybe 50k, I can get you our 2019 allocation, if I can bang your sister. Porsche isn't sure if they are gonna number it on a plaque or just number them internally, it doesn't matter its so rare, Did you know Preuzenegger builds every motor buy hand, they use his sweat as a lubricant!

you: man this is a big hassle just to buy a car, I don't really want the Mac, but the dealer there is giving em away and he said I could bang HIS sister if I bought one, at a discount and he was throwing in extended warranty a track day and coupons for a driving school, The Ferrari guy says he'll take me to a nightclub if I buy from him and they chevy dealer said his brother in law would give me a discount on the house remodel Im thinking about if I bought a vette. The only place that was more difficult to buy from was Honda, I dropped my kids car off there, they told me I couldn't drive or touch they Type R without a signed contract for 10-20 over.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:11 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Old 07-16-2017, 09:16 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Miss you guys

Originally Posted by dark knight

them: Hey thats great, problem is we only have 2 allocations, the first one is going to George Clooney, he's buying it for Huma Abedin, ever since they came out with PDK lots of women driving them now, Huma can't drive stick, George paid 75K over I might be able to get the owner to do better for you, its a limited production car, I think there are only going to be like maybe 500 for the whole world

you: seriously, I thought Porsche was cracking down on flippers, and they priced it pretty high and for the first time we pay more than europe does even though they pay VAT. Is it a numbered car?

Them: look man, even at 50k over you are ahead, theres a dealership in totalgaynessville, they only got one allocation and they sold it for 250k over. This thing is so fast, Porsche wont release its Ring times, they made an agreement not to because the people at the ring thought people would try to duplicate the time and get killed. I mean if it weren't for the limiter that German law required them to install they think it could go Mach 1. The first test driver ended up in the hospital from G forces, they had to hire F-22 Raptor pilots from the USAF to test it at Weissach, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Porsche bought two strands of Ayrton Sennas hair from a Japanese collector and cloned him, thats who did the Nurburgring run. Im getting like 5 calls a day offering me a lot more. Look at it as an investment, you'll make any ADM back after a year, hell look at the stock market, Im sure you've made money, so its like a free car for you.

you:I was gonna drive it, go to work cars n coffee maybe a track day or two, take it to walmart really use it like a car

them: look do what you want but this is rarer than a dinosaur egg man, you need to call me soon, I got 10 others guy ahead of you but if you put down like maybe 50k, I can get you our 2019 allocation, if I can bang your sister. Porsche isn't sure if they are gonna number it on a plaque or just number them internally, it doesn't matter its so rare, Did you know Preuzenegger builds every motor buy hand, they use his sweat as a lubricant!

you: man this is a big hassle just to buy a car, I don't really want the Mac, but the dealer there is giving em away and he said I could bang HIS sister if I bought one, at a discount and he was throwing in extended warranty a track day and coupons for a driving school, The Ferrari guy says he'll take me to a nightclub if I buy from him and they chevy dealer said his brother in law would give me a discount on the house remodel Im thinking about if I bought a vette. The only place that was more difficult to buy from was Honda, I dropped my kids car off there, they told me I couldn't drive or touch they Type R without a signed contract for 10-20 over.
Haven't been on in quite some time due to different marquees, but given this '2RS beast launch I wanted to see the chatter and spit my beer out reading this.

No other forums match Rennlist
Old 07-16-2017, 11:17 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by trev0006
Lame ad Porsche
Old 07-16-2017, 11:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight

LOLOLOL post of the day
Old 07-16-2017, 11:36 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Give me a break
2nd that!

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS