Sponsored by:

OT: My full Review of the 2016 Viper ACR

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

I always browse the RL Classified section for my daily dose of humor and comedy. Glad to see the expansion!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Dude, DE Championship is sezious buziness!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:23 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

I just had my first track day last week, and I'm just happy my car survived it. That's DE trophy enough!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:31 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread just went from great to priceless. Newbie calling out CJ and KV is hysterical. JSA, a few seconds of background research before throwing yourself into a bonfire would have been advisable.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA
What I find disheartening is that the labor unions destroyed Chrysler (now purchased by Fiat after a bailout was taken (stolen) from the American tax payers). And GM stole billions from us as well. Yeah, quite disheartening....

I'm not spending the time to read through this entire thread, but did anyone ask for "CJ" to provide some history on his driving? Is he a real proven race car driver? Or, is he a "DE Champion" and/or a paid driver on some fancy race team and is really the "slower driver of the group."

Just saying...

And for the record, I was very close to buying an ACR. But I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the marketing hype - it's a RACE CAR that is (barely) street legal. And NO ONE should want to go that fast in ANY car that doesn't have a roll cage and full safety measures... Unless of course you're wanting to be a "DE Champion."

But, I guess when you know you're going out why not go out with a bang right? SRT division is getting the ax, so they created a race car in the new ACR. You could take a C7 Z06 or 991 GT3 and very easily make it hang all over the ACR. But, at that point you should be doing REAL racing not trying to be a DE champion which I suspect most people who purchased the ACR will be doing with the car...

With all that said, I'll be ready, willing and able to hurt the feelings of the unsuspecting ACR driver with my sh$t box 991 GT3. :-)

Cheers!
Originally Posted by JSA
I definitely struck a nerve!

I didn't know there were so many women in the forum that were fans.

Enjoy winning your DEs with your Fiat.
Dude- I'd whip out the "check yourself before you wreck yourself" for you but you are soooooo far past that level with both of these posts that at this point, sitting back and watching (reading) you make a complete asshat of yourself is going to be so much more satisfying.

Please- continue to insult all of us AND one of the most respected members of the forum.

~Jared

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 05-09-2016, 07:22 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Hadn't read much on this thread because the Viper is not for me.
But when I read the idiot post of 2016 I had to back up and read all of it.

Great stuff I was missing
We could do with a few more data overlaid video's..
Old 05-09-2016, 07:24 PM
mongolikecandy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was curious why this thread had so much activity, i'm glad i looked! daaaaammmmnnnn!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chooo Chooo. Can't help coming back to train wreck. I need to take video but I don't know if it will capture the way you just turn the wheel at triple digit speeds and dammit if the car doesn't turn.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
Chooo Chooo. Can't help coming back to train wreck. I need to take video but I don't know if it will capture the way you just turn the wheel at triple digit speeds and dammit if the car doesn't turn.
Chooo chooo train wreck allright.
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA
I definitely struck a nerve! I didn't know there were so many women in the forum that were fans. Enjoy winning your DEs with your Fiat.
Wow, the trolls seem to be running amok on RL these days.

Are we sure JSA isn't Flt6? The M.O. is near identical.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:36 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow, the trolls seem to be running amok on RL these days. Are we sure JSA isn't Flt6? The M.O. is near identical.
No kidding! Really funny though!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Leadfoot01
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow--JSA, glad to see you keeping it classy! And LOL with the Fiat comment! Strong words from someone driving a VW. I'm local to you--hope to see you at RA soon.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:30 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be careful of Ricky Bobby!!!!! He will no doubt destroy you.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Let's hear more about this awesome viper and how to fix the push... Feeding the JSA troll is just that.

From a street drivability perspective, can the viper be easily driven to the track, used then driven back?... Or does it approach Radical levels of low ground clearance/harshness etc?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per the ACR supplement, track settings are 4" ride height to frame (F'ing thing has a frame) rail front and 5.5" rear (that be some rake, eh?). The splitter extension (ABS plastic designed as a wear item) on my car measures about 3.75" above ground level. I feel confident it will scrape from time to time, such as in my driveway at home or office. That said, my GT3 lip scrapes all the time and it is also a wear item. As delivered, my ACR was way better in that department than the GT3.

I don't have any real street miles on my ACR now that it is set up for track, other than local fuel runs, so can't say how bad the scraping will be. I would not take it anywhere with bad dips or inclines in pavement, but driving around most streets should be OK.

Another pretty easy fix that would not take long at all is simply go up on all 4 spring perches (the supplement tells you the height change per turn) by 10 turns, which will make 5" front and 6.3" rear, numbers that are about as the car is delivered. I'd leave all the extra aero bits on, as they are just plastic anyway. Added bonus is this will decrease static camber and related camber wear. I figure the car could be jacked up one side at a time and spring perches and shock settings put back to street in 15-30 minutes max.

Another nice thing is the CCM brakes don't require track pad swaps like I do on my iron brake cars. When my GT3 goes into street rotation the brake pad swap is a PITA between centerlocks and having to remove the calipers for pad changes.

I've got a bit under 2000 miles total on my ACR now, did one road trip and the rest local and track. It is clearly more of a track-optimized compromise than the GT3, but is also WAY faster than GT3. I have daily driven the ACR in rotation and it's WAY less comfy than the GT3, which really can be a DD. You have to be a bit lunatic fringe to DD the ACR, but I also DD my Elise in rotation, too, so I am OK with it.

I've got a Radical, too, and that car is more like 2" ride height and requires air jacks and no way is it street drivable (even if it were legal to do so)- it's an effort to even load it in my trailer.

Quick Reply: OT: My full Review of the 2016 Viper ACR