Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 12:47 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,243 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA
What I find disheartening is that the labor unions destroyed Chrysler (now purchased by Fiat after a bailout was taken (stolen) from the American tax payers). And GM stole billions from us as well. Yeah, quite disheartening....

I'm not spending the time to read through this entire thread, but did anyone ask for "CJ" to provide some history on his driving? Is he a real proven race car driver? Or, is he a "DE Champion" and/or a paid driver on some fancy race team and is really the "slower driver of the group."

Just saying...

And for the record, I was very close to buying an ACR. But I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the marketing hype - it's a RACE CAR that is (barely) street legal. And NO ONE should want to go that fast in ANY car that doesn't have a roll cage and full safety measures... Unless of course you're wanting to be a "DE Champion."

But, I guess when you know you're going out why not go out with a bang right? SRT division is getting the ax, so they created a race car in the new ACR. You could take a C7 Z06 or 991 GT3 and very easily make it hang all over the ACR. But, at that point you should be doing REAL racing not trying to be a DE champion which I suspect most people who purchased the ACR will be doing with the car...

With all that said, I'll be ready, willing and able to hurt the feelings of the unsuspecting ACR driver with my sh$t box 991 GT3. :-)

Cheers!
when you come and troll on a forum and have a post count of 8 I think we will all take huge offense to your grandstanding

LOL.

for the record I do real racing. and I have won and podium a lot of those. everyone on this forum knows me, I've got a long history of contributing useful information. you really should read the thread, a lot of people have contributed.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 AM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CJ you are slow and that's why you hide behind inscrutable handle. You can't even achieve DE champ status. Thank goodness you have a decent day job.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:36 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA
I'm not spending the time to read through this entire thread, but did anyone ask for "CJ" to provide some history on his driving? Is he a real proven race car driver? Or, is he a "DE Champion" and/or a paid driver on some fancy race team and is really the "slower driver of the group."
With all that said, I'll be ready, willing and able to hurt the feelings of the unsuspecting ACR driver with my sh$t box 991 GT3. :-)
Are you for real? WTF. I can 100% guarantee he'll **** all over you in your GT3. Seen it in action. With a passenger.

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
CJ you are slow and that's why you hide behind inscrutable handle. You can't even achieve DE champ status. Thank goodness you have a decent day job.
He is slow, hence the day job
Old 05-09-2016, 01:38 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA
What I find disheartening is that the labor unions destroyed Chrysler (now purchased by Fiat after a bailout was taken (stolen) from the American tax payers). And GM stole billions from us as well. Yeah, quite disheartening....

Just saying...

And for the record, I was very close to buying an ACR. But I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the marketing hype - it's a RACE CAR that is (barely) street legal. And NO ONE should want to go that fast in ANY car that doesn't have a roll cage and full safety measures... Unless of course you're wanting to be a "DE Champion."

But, I guess when you know you're going out why not go out with a bang right? SRT division is getting the ax, so they created a race car in the new ACR. You could take a C7 Z06 or 991 GT3 and very easily make it hang all over the ACR. But, at that point you should be doing REAL racing not trying to be a DE champion which I suspect most people who purchased the ACR will be doing with the car...

Cheers!
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? CJ is a great driver and even a more stand up guy. He would blow you away in his ACR whether you drove a 991 GT3, 991 RS, or even a 918. The car is a beast and he knows how drive fast and go flat out (I've been in the passenger seat so I know first hand).

Only reason why I won the DE Championship is because he wasn't able to get out on the track to challenge me.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,378 Likes on 2,491 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA

Just saying...

Cheers!
This may well be the wrongest post I've ever read on RL ...
Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 AM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA

Just saying...

Cheers!
Questioning the OPs credibility while you $hit all over your own. Classy... Go away.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:19 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,243 Likes on 610 Posts

My favorite part is the quotation of my name as if it was some kind of alias. Reminds me of the Friends episode where Joey was too dumb to know how air quotes worked.

"I'm sorry"
Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 PM
JSA
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

I definitely struck a nerve!

I didn't know there were so many women in the forum that were fans.

Enjoy winning your DEs with your Fiat.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:16 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
You might want to do a little research before you crap all over so many people and manufacturers. You might be the Road Atlanta King, but can't tell from your handle. I am easy to look up and definitely an amateur. Bring your sh$tbox to MSR and show me your stuff. I'd actually like to see the easy changes required to embarrass me in my ACR. Stock for stock I think it's about 3 sec a lap for me in both cars, but perhaps I am not extracting all the GT3 has to offer. If we time it right we might be able to have CJ over, too. It would be fun.

I promise I won't get my feelings hurt, having never won a DE championship personally. But your comment does remind me of the old query about Porsches and porcupines.
Always thought that was BMW's and porcupines

I'd also ask to see the HPDE trophies he has won
Old 05-09-2016, 12:19 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Thats his face on the upper left
Old 05-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA

Just saying...

Cheers!
I have seen a lot of idiotic posts the last few years but this one takes the cake. And that is not an easy feat, Congrats for taking 1st place on this
Old 05-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Always thought that was BMW's and porcupines

I'd also ask to see the HPDE trophies he has won
What's funny is that I think he races Spec E46 and never uses the brakes due to his self proclaimed skills
Old 05-09-2016, 12:50 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
My favorite part is the quotation of my name as if it was some kind of alias. Reminds me of the Friends episode where Joey was too dumb to know how air quotes worked.

"I'm sorry"
Lol... perfect
Old 05-09-2016, 02:19 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Someone's upset that "CJ" (Joey!) got an 911R with ED?

hahaha
Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JSA
I definitely struck a nerve!

I didn't know there were so many women in the forum that were fans.

Enjoy winning your DEs with your Fiat.
What track records have you been setting? It sure would be nice to see you run pink slips against CJ in his Viper.

Quick Reply: OT: My full Review of the 2016 Viper ACR