Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ Like it's on rails.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:47 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by changster123
Fu_k you guys. I'm buying one.

Handmade 1 of 1 NA Manual CF all over the place.

VE and the factory easy to deal with unlike the factories it competes against especially Ford with the tell me what you can do for us as you hand over 450k for a car which who knows if it will be more or less production than the ACR Extreme.

The 918 P1 didn't sell out for a long time - will this happen with the ACR - E no idea and don't care it's a must have.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:05 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by changster123
How does the ACR-E do in slower tighter corners like hairpins? Just curious. Does it turn in very well at slower speeds?
the massive front grip of the Viper (295 section tires up front, can run -3.5* Camber) means that you can corner anywhere at any speed. the car is really not as long as people think it is and due to the ratio of tire width, how far the wheels are pushed to the corners of the car and easy front engine/rear drive combo, it's more than friendly. It goes exactly where you tell it.

frankly the biggest issue on the viper is the small gas tank which is a small hassle on track days.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
the massive front grip of the Viper (295 section tires up front, can run -3.5* Camber) means that you can corner anywhere at any speed. the car is really not as long as people think it is and due to the ratio of tire width, how far the wheels are pushed to the corners of the car and easy front engine/rear drive combo, it's more than friendly. It goes exactly where you tell it.

frankly the biggest issue on the viper is the small gas tank which is a small hassle on track days.
The only thing the ACR can't pass is a gas station.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:53 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Appreciate the thoughts C.J., but the mere fact that the Z06 still sells and is profitable for GM (despite its tendency to go into limp mode any time the temperature reaches 90F) just sort of underscores the mystery why the Viper isn't more popular and/or profitable for Dodge.

Maybe, as Keith says, it is the dealership network. Then if that's true, the marketing dept. has truly failed the engineering arm of the company.

Too bad.
The Z06 is way more cookie cutter too. And they now have convertibles, autos, and more electronics than you can shake a stick at. Not to mention GM has supported the halo car with a lesser car to get people in the door and make them want more. The biggest reasons the Viper doesn't sell as much is its uncompromising stature, tight cabin, hot side sills, more difficult entry/exit and again, refusal to go cookie cutter for mass sales.

I for one am glad SRT didn't follow the wagon of loads of electronics and compromises (though the cabin space does bother me). More than likely the chassis would have still needed the re-design for DOT/Safety regulations.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:38 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
The Z06 is way more cookie cutter too. And they now have convertibles, autos, and more electronics than you can shake a stick at. Not to mention GM has supported the halo car with a lesser car to get people in the door and make them want more. The biggest reasons the Viper doesn't sell as much is its uncompromising stature, tight cabin, hot side sills, more difficult entry/exit and again, refusal to go cookie cutter for mass sales. I for one am glad SRT didn't follow the wagon of loads of electronics and compromises (though the cabin space does bother me). More than likely the chassis would have still needed the re-design for DOT/Safety regulations.
Also- viper is manual transmission only. Turns off some new money types.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,493 Posts

I'm at PittRace today in the GT3. Handily passed lots of cars, and no one passed me except one car - Viper ACR. And when I say passed me, I'm talking a lot faster. I hear the driver is one of the development engineers for the car. I may need to get a ride tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:23 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Big Blue ....
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2016, 10:36 PM
changster123
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

The hardest part is picking a damn color!!

I'm down to white, gunmetal pearl, or gulf blue.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:47 AM
GrunHolle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An ACR Extreme was featured on the "new" Top Gear. Not that I would really endorse watching it...
Old 05-30-2016, 08:51 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by GrunHolle
An ACR Extreme was featured on the "new" Top Gear. Not that I would really endorse watching it...
Watched it... They raced it (mock race) against the new vette...
But I don't see why they would elect to have Chris Evan's drive the ACR and not Sabine Schmitz...
Old 05-30-2016, 12:09 PM
SAN997
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How's the ground clearance on the ACR? Does this go over speed bumps, or is it really a dedicated track toy?

Does the front lip/spoiler come off easily?
Old 05-30-2016, 01:19 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ997
How's the ground clearance on the ACR? Does this go over speed bumps, or is it really a dedicated track toy?

Does the front lip/spoiler come off easily?
Mine has surprisingly good ground clearance and I haven't scraped it front or rear in 1200ish miles. But I drive mine without the splitter or diffuser extensions, and it's at delivery ride height. I do plan on lowering it to the recommended track height/rake, but not sure if I'll be able to also add the extensions for street use. I'm sure the other owners who have everything installed will chime in.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:24 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

The more I read about the ACR the more I want.....
Old 05-30-2016, 04:38 PM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I drive on the street at track ride height with the short splitter and no rear diffuser extensions on with no issues. Certainly no more issues than my GT4.

The car has a nice interior, great power, excellent transmission (as good or better than GT4), great spring rates, excellent damping, somewhat limited turning radius (not that it matters much), puts power down like a 911, has excellent tire wear, and even Slaloms decently (not quite like the GT4 there...).

All sorts of hand laid carbon pre-preg pieces on the car keep the weight reasonable for a big brute of a car.

I have done a couple of PCA Autocross with the car so far and plan to go to the big track with it soon. Almost at 1,500 miles now.

Quick Reply: OT: My full Review of the 2016 Viper ACR