Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orthojoe's track build journal

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Ok, I finally have my Cantrell bar ready to install this weekend. It's taken a bit longer because the shipper damaged the finish during transport, and Cantrell took quick care of getting everything fixed, but after I got the bar back, I wasn't happy with the gray color, so I went back and paid to have the bar coated for a THIRD time. LOL. Now I'm happy.

Antisub bars from GMG should arrive for this weekend hopefully too. The car will finally be fully track prepped.
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 535 Posts

I like the matte red. Worth the effort and time.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

very nice joe.
when i went to pick up the cars at coater, they did say "your friend is coming back to paint again"... i thought they were just confused hahaha

that said, i applaud cantrell motorsport in taking the action quickly. when the bars (8) arrived my warehouse all the paint were scratched (dumb shipper, rough). one call to cantrell, they asked if i can help them get them fixed up. so joe and i got the bars to all repainted and cantrell paid for the new paint.... unless well joe who painted his 6 different times.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:02 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I like the matte red. Worth the effort and time.
Thanks, me too. I felt stupid getting the thing coated for a third time, but in the end, it was worth it so I would be satisfied.

Originally Posted by mooty
very nice joe.
when i went to pick up the cars at coater, they did say "your friend is coming back to paint again"... i thought they were just confused hahaha

that said, i applaud cantrell motorsport in taking the action quickly. when the bars (8) arrived my warehouse all the paint were scratched (dumb shipper, rough). one call to cantrell, they asked if i can help them get them fixed up. so joe and i got the bars to all repainted and cantrell paid for the new paint.... unless well joe who painted his 6 different times.
Thanks. Yes, hats off to Colin for taking care of us quickly. No fault of cantrell in this situation, but stuff happens and they took care of it. You can't ask for anything more.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Cant they copy the CS bar once I get my hands on one?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Please take lots of pics from during the install!!

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Ok, I finally have my Cantrell bar ready to install this weekend. It's taken a bit longer because the shipper damaged the finish during transport, and Cantrell took quick care of getting everything fixed, but after I got the bar back, I wasn't happy with the gray color, so I went back and paid to have the bar coated for a THIRD time. LOL. Now I'm happy.

Antisub bars from GMG should arrive for this weekend hopefully too. The car will finally be fully track prepped.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:05 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Cant they copy the CS bar once I get my hands on one?
1/2 way done with the install and if you ask me, this is as good of a copy of the CS bar that you can get that is bolt in. The mounting points are OEM. The front mounting point matched the carpet cutouts perfectly. The rear mounting points are OEM too.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:41 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I'm sure it's better but going for OEM CS look
Old 03-21-2015, 10:45 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Any install photos or tips would be appreciated. I'll be doing my install pretty soon.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:12 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

Please share detail of carpet / plastic trim cuts.

Any source for replacement pieces for uninstall?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'm sure it's better but going for OEM CS look
What are the differences? I haven't paid close enough attention

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Any install photos or tips would be appreciated. I'll be doing my install pretty soon.
Originally Posted by sasportas
Please share detail of carpet / plastic trim cuts. Any source for replacement pieces for uninstall?
I've been taking pictures during the while process and will do a writeup when it is all done.
I haven't looked into replacement pieces. I'll bet that the OEM panels used for the CS ROW would fit if you don't want to cut.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:33 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm still not getting brakes on the SmartyCam. Which property are you setting it to?
Old 03-28-2015, 11:39 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I'm still not getting brakes on the SmartyCam. Which property are you setting it to?
Brake pressure. I can set it up for you the next time we see each other. I was able to set it up for Aleks. I'll be at thill on 4/17
Old 03-29-2015, 12:05 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Brake pressure. I can set it up for you the next time we see each other. I was able to set it up for Aleks. I'll be at thill on 4/17
Ah, that's good. I was trying to help him on Tuesday, but he was using CANBus, and I wasn't sure which fields to use. It seems the CANBus ones are labeled very different. I'm at Laguna on next Saturday, but then no track days scheduled again until May 7-8 at Thunderhill with HOD.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:30 AM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Let us know what the resolution of this is. I had the same problem with SmartyCam at the end of last season. Track season hasn't started up yet here in New England.

Quick Reply: Orthojoe's track build journal