Sponsored by:

GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:23 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I saw the configurator up and running on the US Porsche site, and there were no sport buckets listed. So I concluded, we aren't getting that option. You believe differently?
Found it on the Configurator ( if you click all models) and yes no sport buckets as you as you stated , where I saw it posted was the promo page with Carmine Red Coupe show
where you click at the bottom tabs under car for more info;
typical confusion of info on roll out ,
Any way I don't think this GTS is in the same league as the GT3
although one can get a 5 lug wheel, decent Bose Stereo, Mt, and other
option not available to the 3

will spec build to see how the prices compare ,
Thanks
Old 10-09-2014, 04:47 PM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Found it on the Configurator ( if you click all models) and yes no sport buckets as you as you stated , where I saw it posted was the promo page with Carmine Red Coupe show
where you click at the bottom tabs under car for more info;
typical confusion of info on roll out ,
Any way I don't think this GTS is in the same league as the GT3
although one can get a 5 lug wheel, decent Bose Stereo, Mt, and other
option not available to the 3

will spec build to see how the prices compare ,
Thanks

In the french configurator, you have the choice to delete the rear seats.
I confess Carmine Red is gorgeous.
rest is a C2S with powerkit. usual interior gts package as seen in cayman & boxster. Definitely not the barbecue monster league...
Old 10-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems a GTS is just a rebadged 50th Edition
Old 10-09-2014, 05:08 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
It seems a GTS is just a rebadged 50th Edition
That can't be, Brian slammed the 50th in the GTS thread over on the 991 section.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
That can't be, Brian slammed the 50th in the GTS thread over on the 991 section.
Haha! As far as I can tell from where I'm sitting, and I would need a lot more info on the car, I just don't see how it's different to the 50 with CLs.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:39 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The GTS looks like a great car..sporty enough for spirited track days and comfy on the street. It is a big stretch to think it has GT3 DNA, imo..
Old 10-09-2014, 11:29 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Is this still going on?

Brian said he was going to get a 7GT3. When he does, we may assume he will call it a GT3 because it is worthy of being called one having the race proven Metzger engine in the old 7GT3 Cup cars. So, he's turned this into a a dispute of whether the GT3 model ended with the 997 version in 2012.

He's basically making the same Jeremy Clarkson argument about Porsches in general. That is the 911 is a VW Beetle. He's driving a VW Carrera Beetle and so are GTS owners and GT3 owners, except for those who have GT3 997 and earlier as those owners are driving "real" GT3s. When the 991 GT3 Cup car starts using the 991 DFI engine, suspension, transmission, that's when the GT3 will deserve to be called a GT3, again. Never mind that the 991 GT3 out performs the 997 GT3

Dan (laughs at the absurdity)
Old 10-09-2014, 11:35 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Is this still going on? Brian said he was going to get a 7GT3. When he does, we may assume he will call it a GT3 because it is worthy of being called one having the race proven Metzger engine in the old 7GT3 Cup cars. So, he's turned this into a a dispute of whether the GT3 model ended with the 997 version in 2012. He's basically making the same Jeremy Clarkson argument about Porsches in general. That is the 911 is a VW Beetle. He's driving a VW Carrera Beetle and so are GTS owners and GT3 owners, except for those who have GT3 997 and earlier as those owners are driving "real" GT3s. When the 991 GT3 Cup car starts using the 991 DFI engine, suspension, transmission, that's when the GT3 will deserve to be called a GT3, again. Never mind that the 991 GT3 out performs the 997 GT3 Dan (laughs at the absurdity)
Dan, go check out the 991 section. He's ripping it up in the GTS thread over there. It's pretty funny. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he came back in full force, justifying his behavior. He's young, and clearly socially challenged.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan, go check out the 991 section. He's ripping it up in the GTS thread over there. It's pretty funny. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he came back in full force, justifying his behavior. He's young, and clearly socially challenged.
A millennial ??? Libralism is infecting mosport too much...God help us...
Old 10-10-2014, 12:17 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

More of the same over there. Frankly, who cares what he thinks. According to his sig, he's never owned an older GT3 or a 991 GT3 necessary to have a point of reference and basis for an educated opinion one way or another.

Now if someone like say, Mooty or another Rennlist member like Green or Silver Rules who has owned both said the 991 GT3 is not a GT3, we would sit up and take notice. Coming from Brian, we can enjoy a good chuckle and move on.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...991-motor.html

By the way, guess who is pissing on the Cheerios in that thread too....

Dan (doesn't waste anymore time)
Old 10-10-2014, 12:37 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
More of the same over there. Frankly, who cares what he thinks. According to his sig, he's never owned an older GT3 or a 991 GT3 necessary to have a point of reference and basis for an educated opinion one way or another.

Now if someone like say, Mooty or another Rennlist member like Green or Silver Rules who has owned both said the 991 GT3 is not a GT3, we would sit up and take notice. Coming from Brian, we can enjoy a good chuckle and move on.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...991-motor.html

By the way, guess who is pissing on the Cheerios in that thread too....

Dan (doesn't waste anymore time)
How about Steve Rance - someone who actually races them?

Steve Rance: "For me, The GT3 should offer the closest experience to driving a GT racing car on the road. That was what the GT3 was originally all about. Jumping out of a 996 cup and into a 996 RS, I was amazed at how close the driving experience was. The 997 can be made as similar to the 997 cup by a damper change. To me, it is the dynamic connection with it's motorsport stablemate that makes the GT3 so unique. Obviously, without shared hardware the association is impossible.

Guys who have never driven 911 GT racing cars have a unique chance to sample a big chunk of that experience with previous versions of the GT3. The new car - having driven one - feels nothing like a GT racing car. Fast and capable it may be but it is nothing like the experience.. Not only does it not feel like a 911 GT car, it doesn't actually feel like a 911. "
Old 10-10-2014, 12:41 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Haha! As far as I can tell from where I'm sitting, and I would need a lot more info on the car, I just don't see how it's different to the 50 with CLs.
The 50th has a lot of frou-frou options some people such as myself don't like (and some people love) and only comes in limited colors to go along with a limited production run. From a performance, driving standpoint it's basically the same car.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:57 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by destaccado
How about Steve Rance - someone who actually races them?

Steve Rance: "For me, The GT3 should offer the closest experience to driving a GT racing car on the road. That was what the GT3 was originally all about. Jumping out of a 996 cup and into a 996 RS, I was amazed at how close the driving experience was. The 997 can be made as similar to the 997 cup by a damper change. To me, it is the dynamic connection with it's motorsport stablemate that makes the GT3 so unique. Obviously, without shared hardware the association is impossible.

Guys who have never driven 911 GT racing cars have a unique chance to sample a big chunk of that experience with previous versions of the GT3. The new car - having driven one - feels nothing like a GT racing car. Fast and capable it may be but it is nothing like the experience.. Not only does it not feel like a 911 GT car, it doesn't actually feel like a 911. "
Feel free to post the link. All I found him saying much about the GT3 was based upon one drive December 24, 2013.

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/t...991+GT3+driven

He has not posted on this forum since 2007.

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...rchid=16602191

They guy likes to row his own gears and people say he's old school and hates new technology. Post the link and I'll read his comments for myself instead of from your copy and paste.

Dan (wastes time....)
Old 10-10-2014, 01:10 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hfm
Feel free to post the link. All I found him saying much about the GT3 was based upon one drive December 24, 2013.

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/t...991+GT3+driven

He has not posted on this forum since 2007.

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...rchid=16602191

They guy likes to row his own gears and people say he's old school and hates new technology. Post the link and I'll read his comments for myself instead of from your copy and paste.

Dan (wastes time....)
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...a+GT3%3F&mid=0
Old 10-10-2014, 01:14 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

I found it here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...a+GT3%3F&mid=0

Dan (reads and will comment shortly)

Quick Reply: GTS