Sponsored by:

GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:48 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
People are entitled to their own opinions and preferences. How and where they choose to share these are matters of intent and etiquette. However, they are not entitled to confabulate about technical specifications or other established factual data to validate their opinions or preferences.
True. Based on the factual data the 991 GT3 shares virtually nothing with the Cup car - in fact the entire powertrain is a completely different design and because of it the values of the 997 have rocketed to the moon. Furthermore, nearly the entire 991 GT3 is made up of parts that are derived from those used in the GTS.

Those are the facts. Confabulate whatever you'd like.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
I could care less. My argument wins on the merits. A bunch of individuals who spent 150k on a car that Porsche markets as a GT3 and then vehemently defend it as such based on the brakes, certain aspects of the suspension, the rear bumper, and chassis which all 991's share is almost laughable. This thread begins with numerous individuals commenting on the 991 GTS - a car I don't plan on owning - simply being a parts bin special vs the far superior GT3 (paraphrasing). I simply made a factual statement; "At the end of the day the 991 GT3 is MUCH closer to the 991 GTS than it is to the previous generations of GT3." ...and it devolved from there.
On who's merit? Yours? Coming from someone who's credibility is rapidly being flushed down the toilet. Spare yourself, you are only embarrassing yourself.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, I win, I'm correct. You know how I know......because I said so!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:57 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

True. Based on the factual data the 991 GT3 shares virtually nothing with the Cup car - in fact the entire powertrain is a completely different design and because of it the values of the 997 have rocketed to the moon. Furthermore, nearly the entire 991 GT3 is made up of parts that are derived from those used in the GTS.

Those are the facts. Confabulate whatever you'd like.
You are in error. The GT3 engine is substantially different in design and construction from the standard carrera engine (includining the X51), but you are clearly not interested in factual information which apparently conflicts with your required perceptions of the newly introduced GTS models.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
On who's merit? Yours? Coming from someone who's credibility is rapidly being flushed down the toilet. Spare yourself, you are only embarrassing yourself.
No facts in any of your posts. Just rehashing your Elephant Racing suspension article because you failed to read what I said about the GT3's suspension prior to even posting...

You argue like some of my ex-gf's. Seriously. All emotion. Not gonna lie though -- I like them hot and dumb.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:59 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djcxxx
You are in error. The GT3 engine is substantially different in design and construction from the standard carrera engine (includining the X51), but you are clearly not interested in factual information.
Of course it is. It's a true dry sump and has many different internal components. It's still a built variation of the 9a1 motor. Whereas the Cup and previous GT3's share absolutely nothing in common with it. Still a great motor in a great car.

Maybe you should read my original, factual statement again and take it for what it is at face value.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No facts in any of your posts. Just rehashing your Elephant Racing suspension article because you failed to read what I said about the GT3's suspension prior to even posting... You argue like some of my ex-gf's. Seriously.
I presented evidence what an expert has determined to be something completely contrary to your statement that this car is a GT3. Fact!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,378 Likes on 2,491 Posts

Destacaddo, you're now at the point of repeating yourself multiple times in this thread. Even if you're convinced that you're right and everyone here who disagrees with you is wrong, why are you persisting? Do you just like arguing? Need for attention? Need to feel that you're "right"? Masochism? Honestly, what's your aim?

This is just a car forum where are a bunch of guys get together and have fun shooting the breeze about toys and playing with them. I suggest that you chill out and keep things in perspective.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:07 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Destacaddo, you're now at the point of repeating yourself multiple times in this thread. Even if you're convinced that you're right and everyone here who disagrees with you is wrong, why are you persisting? Do you just like arguing? Need for attention? Need to feel that you're "right"? Masochism? Honestly, what's your aim? This is just a car forum where are a bunch of guys get together and have fun shooting the breeze about toys and playing with them. I suggest that you chill out and keep things in perspective.
Now hold on, I was right, 4 posts ago....yes I was!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
I presented evidence what an expert has determined to be something completely contrary to your statement that this car is a GT3. Fact!
You presented an article pointing out the 991 GT3 Cup shares suspension componenets with the 991 GT3; something I said prior to your post. Fact!

In other words -- you simply rehashed what I said! Go back and look at the post order! Thanks!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

No facts in any of your posts. Just rehashing your Elephant Racing suspension article because you failed to read what I said about the GT3's suspension prior to even posting...

You argue like some of my ex-gf's. Seriously. All emotion. Not gonna lie though -- I like them hot and dumb.
The same kind of women you no doubt consulted on the purchase of your prospective GT3. Your quote," On another note all three females I showed the GT3 to when I was considering purchasing one said it was ugly and I should just keep my car."

Hell of a way to choose a car, Brian!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:18 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Destacaddo, you're now at the point of repeating yourself multiple times in this thread. Even if you're convinced that you're right and everyone here who disagrees with you is wrong, why are you persisting? Do you just like arguing? Need for attention? Need to feel that you're "right"? Masochism? Honestly, what's your aim?

This is just a car forum where are a bunch of guys get together and have fun shooting the breeze about toys and playing with them. I suggest that you chill out and keep things in perspective.
I'm having fun aren't you? I've got thick skin.

Regardless, I am wrong all the time. Unfortunately no one has put out any facts to demonstrate that this time other than the shared rear bumper and brakes between the two cars which doesn't change my original statement but was good info nonetheless.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:22 PM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello GTS-R Lovers

4500kms with my super GTS and

thanks to Porsche for releasing such barbecue beast

afterwards it is just an old beetle with big wing...

keep the faith!!

the-missile
Old 10-09-2014, 12:25 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
No, I win, I'm correct. You know how I know......because I said so!

No you're not

Old 10-09-2014, 12:26 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

What I found most interesting at the time I've read Elephant Racing's suspension comparison between the Cup car and the 991GT3 is how the Cup manages to fit 18 inch wheels,yet the 991GT3 has no chance...Mmmm... It can't be the suspension...ER says it's similar. They think it's the more compact PFC calipers. Could be...but it can't only be that. It has to be the suspension too. How do I know this? A member here posted his track setup and the mods he had to do to barely fit 19s on the GT3.

Quick Reply: GTS