Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Jooyoung99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt I can get MSRP for my car with 700 miles on it if I sell it at a Manheim auction. My car was $149K sticker, plus I got $14,600 back from Porsche. If I get $140K at Manheim auction, I would consider that pretty good.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:28 PM
_BrakeDust_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I agree with you, but what they are worth will be determined when they are sold to the consumer. I don't have any data points, but somehow I can't see buying a used 2014( forget the title issue) for the same price as a new 2015.
I agree, but not everyone that wants one can get a 2015. Right?
Old 09-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I agree with you, but what they are worth will be determined when they are sold to the consumer. I don't have any data points, but somehow I can't see buying a used 2014( forget the title issue) for the same price as a new 2015.
Assuming one can get a new 2015. There are apparently a few 2015 allocations still floating around out there, but not every dealer has one, and not every customer is willing to search the country and/or buy an out of state car.

So you really, really want a 991 GT3. Do you buy a "used" 2014 with a brand new engine from your local dealer, or search around the country for one of a limited and diminishing number of 2015 allocations? Do you feel lucky, or don't you?
Old 09-24-2014, 03:38 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Is it possible that the price "paid" at auction is not truly the real price, as the dealers may get payments/ bonuses back from Porsche such that the true price is not what we're seeing. Kinda like invoice is not really what the dealer wants us to think is the price they paid for it.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:38 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 357 Likes on 215 Posts

You don't search the country for one,you go to your local dealer and give them 8K over MSRP on a USED BRANDED TITLE GT3. That makes lots of sense...
Old 09-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Jooyoung99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
Is it possible that the price "paid" at auction is not truly the real price, as the dealers may get payments/ bonuses back from Porsche such that the true price is not what we're seeing. Kinda like invoice is not really what the dealer wants us to think is the price they paid for it.
That's what I'm thinking. These prices can be inflated with some other incentives that we don't know about.

Honestly, do you guys believe that if you sell your 2014 GT3 with very low miles at Manheim auction, you can get MSRP for them? I think that's unrealistic.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Dude-
Pro

Will there be more auctions? I was under the impression from some folks here that there was a hell of a lot more folks returning their cars. 20 seems low. no?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:05 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
Mr. Sullvan's comment about..."nuances being lost on the average buyer.." What person buying a $150,000 car is average??? Please. IF you are getting these cars at a bargain price (NOT) and IF you are keeping ti long term, (maybe) he's right it might not matter. BUT, good luck on resale to a non-Porsche dealer. Sorry, but I believe these WILL wear the scarlet letter! And as for the legacy story...right..its called a blemish or an asterisk on Porsche model history. Ebay has non-branded 2014 GT3s at somewhat reasonable prices and they arnt exact selling like hot cakes...drive on
you may have misread my post... I was saying exactly what you said
Old 09-24-2014, 04:19 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Assuming one can get a new 2015. There are apparently a few 2015 allocations still floating around out there, but not every dealer has one, and not every customer is willing to search the country and/or buy an out of state car.

So you really, really want a 991 GT3. Do you buy a "used" 2014 with a brand new engine from your local dealer, or search around the country for one of a limited and diminishing number of 2015 allocations? Do you feel lucky, or don't you?
I agree it is a pretty good bet that the successful bidders are not the dealers looking to unload unspoken for 2015 allocations! As always, a knowledgeable buyer has the advantage.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:20 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those 2014 buyers get an extra year of warranty, no ? That is a good thing if one is worried about reliability/problems. I would want it under msrp though.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,279 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Since there's no reasonable explanation as to why these cars sold for what they sold,my sick mind can only see a scheme between PCNA and dealers to keep depreciation low. They must have offered the buying dealers huge incentives. It happens all the time in the auto industry. The buying dealers will not be able to sell these cars above MSRP to make a profit,although there will be a few suckers. Even so,a dealer would not gamble whether they'll find suckers in a timely manner. For those that still haven't figured out,from my experience I haven't met a dealer that stayed in the business and proved successful by giving out " deals " and not making money on certain transactions. They simply do not exist.
Unfortunately,it is also my personal opinion that there are PAG/PCNA trolls and dealer trolls among us that are playing their agenda. I am not accusing anyone in this thread,I have no info in either direction,it is just my guy felling and take it FWIW.
Originally Posted by doubleurx
HFM, those numbers are probably high. I'll bet most received compensation of around 10k and the memory seats brought an additional 2.6k.

Maybe just maybe, there was an after purchase incentive waived at the dealers, offering the compensation that was not paid to the original 20 buyers?
I think PAG/PCNA will give the compensation check to the dealers OR they will be given to the new buyers as an incentive for buying these cars.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:51 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm only pointing it out and it's not meant to stall the good dialogue....much of what is coming up (including some of my own posts) seem to be similar or the same thoughts that were discussed a while back. I only say that because those that are just joining might want to start from page 1, there could be info that has already been covered and answered.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:09 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

The problem is some regard my previous comments as conspiracy theories,I regard them as business decisions.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
You don't search the country for one,you go to your local dealer and give them 8K over MSRP on a USED BRANDED TITLE GT3. That makes lots of sense...
What is this "sense" you speak of? When did sense begin to be factored into all decisions?

Seriously Nick, you can use all of the pejorative capitalized language you like, but the reality is there is nothing actually wrong with these cars. The titles may not necessarily be branded as has been pointed out in several posts from others more knowledgeable on the subject than I am, and many people would willingly pay a price to do business with their local dealer rather than someone they don't know half way across the country. We keep trying to make this way more complicated than it really is.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

What is this "sense" you speak of? When did sense begin to be factored into all decisions? Seriously Nick, you can use all of the pejorative capitalized language you like, but the reality is there is nothing actually wrong with these cars. The titles may not necessarily be branded as has been pointed out in several posts from others more knowledgeable on the subject than I am, and many people would willingly pay a price to do business with their local dealer rather than someone they don't know half way across the country. We keep trying to make this way more complicated than it really is.
Mike,you might be thinking I have some sort of agenda to bash the cars. You're wrong. This has nothing to do with the car itself. I agree they're no different than the rest of them. The discussion is about branded titles and how much one's willing to pay.

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today