Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 01:11 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Just thought I would ad some COLOR to this thread...
I love it thanks for sharing. Mark
Old 09-25-2014, 01:21 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Wow there is a lot of "interesting"information in this thread to say the least. We received the information on all of the GT3's at this auction and hoped to buy at least one or two of the white cars (3 was the limit per dealership) for around invoice. Nope that did not happen as these cars went for sticker or close to it at auction. The only assistance PCNA gave to us was the ability via PFS to lease these cars using the used car residuals and factors...that's it folks. Tin foil hats can be placed in the closest again for next time.....

Thanks Brette . I guess that ends all the speculation. I actually heard the same exact thing this afternoon from my Porsche dealer sales manager, which confirms your story in case anyone wants to challenge it. Although I was having too much fun reading all these wild posts and theories. You could have waited for another 50 more pages of speculations, before ending all of the fun! Mark
Old 09-25-2014, 01:26 AM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
I am a cynic and non-believer, despite Sonnen's good rep.

Lest people forget, just a few weeks ago, there was a lot of talk on the forum about end of production and seeming panic from some (me included) that they may not get a car. So many of us called all over, and some even paid for out of state purchases. A lot of places (esp LA) quoted above MSRP for allocations

But as far as I can tell, no one took the dealers at offers above MSRP. This despite all the panic and people here stating that there will always be someone willing to pay MSRP to get those rare allocations.

So here we are now. For the past week I get daily emails from multiple places in LA and SF (at least 6 total-- yeah, Rusnak, that includes both of you) about "rare" GT3 allocations, now all at MSRP. And suddenly there are 20 magic cars (lemons no less) that sold at MSRP, and I am expected to believe they will sell these for above MSRP to those desperate for a car?

Sorry, I didn't make enough $ to afford a GT3 by falling for that. Hope no one does either.
I believe Sonnen, despite my earlier skepticism. Had there been real incentives, I would have expected radio silence from dealers. There is no payoff for them to come on here and deny that Porsche sweetened the pot after gaining credibility among the crowd here if it weren't true, particularly if they didn't even buy one of the cars.

Last edited by am722; 09-25-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:02 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealers are just like customers. The majority of them would not be comfotable paying MSRP for a used GT3. A few are, and they are the ones that bought these. They think have the market to make a profit even if they pay MSRP. They could be right or wrong, only time will tell. Personally I would not buy one with a branded title unless it had a rediculous discount. Doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong, we just all have different comfort zones.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:10 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Dealers are just like customers. The majority of them would not be comfotable paying MSRP for a used GT3. A few are, and they are the ones that bought these. They think have the market to make a profit even if they pay MSRP. They could be right or wrong, only time will tell. Personally I would not buy one with a branded title unless it had a rediculous discount. Doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong, we just all have different comfort zones.
I think the dealers have Porsche financial behind them, and know that to a typical lease buyer and to Porsche financial, a branded title doesn't mean ****.

Would the GM of these dealerships buy such a car at the auction price for personal use, with his own money? Prolly not. But as an item on which he can make some cash and put an unsold GT3 in the showroom for oooohs and aaaahs? Sure.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

best post was brett and alanS.
who cares what dealers paid for it.
if you want it, buy it
if you dont want it, dont buy it.
how much anyone pays is really irrelevant.
how about have a thread who actually DRIVE their damn cars?
alanS i bet you got a few thousand miles on the jelly bean.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Oh hell, never mind.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

^ yea, you put too many miles on your car. it's of no value now. you are not allowed to express opinion on this thread anymore mike. i, on other hand, have a 2015 perfect car coming so i want to sell at 50k over. pls ping me.....
Old 09-25-2014, 03:02 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

^ Yup. Time to get rid of that worthless POC in my garage. I'll be in touch. 50 over sounds about right...:-)
Old 09-25-2014, 08:41 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Doubt it. Everyone on the forum knows Sonnen is solid.

Dan (would have a drink with Brett after buying a car from him )
Of course Sonnen/Brett is solid and of course I was being a bit sarcastic
Old 09-25-2014, 09:08 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 645 Likes on 307 Posts

Hey I have to be pro 991 as I am only 2 months away from delivery!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:57 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Just wanted to "lighten" things up.
I'm jealous I thing the blue is stunning. Mine is just plain ol black.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:00 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
I think the dealers have Porsche financial behind them, and know that to a typical lease buyer and to Porsche financial, a branded title doesn't mean ****.

Would the GM of these dealerships buy such a car at the auction price for personal use, with his own money? Prolly not. But as an item on which he can make some cash and put an unsold GT3 in the showroom for oooohs and aaaahs? Sure.
Bingo, if you lease the car why do you care what the title says?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Brh0nson
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the prices will be available to see.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,975 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
...... Oh hell, never mind.
LOL!

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today