Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
The entire thing stinks! I got not one but TWO calls for 2015 builds! SoCal local delalers
Today...at MSRP! 'Order now...last call, etc.,'
Promo, what are you saying stinks? You find the prices paid for these cars suspect?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 357 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by am722
Where's the risk, though? If there were some game-playing with titles I could see a problem (which is why I highly doubt they would be involved in something like that), but if they just offered dealers something to encourage them to buy the cars, what's the downside? People find out about the incentive and don't consider the prices paid to be a true reflective of market value? Okay, so what?
Exactly! +1

They both win! Show potential buyers that even manufacturer buybacks sell at MSRP=strong market/trust/demand. Hasn't anyone wondered why the auction selling price " leaked " online? It was a closed auction between Porsche dealers and PCNA,right?
Dealers will not lose on these transaction,but actually sell at a profit,incentives included.
And BTW,this is not some shady illegal deal if it happened,manufacturer incentives are common practice in the auto industry.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:02 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by am722
Surely you don't actually think it's "crazy" that Porsche might have offered some incentives to dealers at the auction. That isn't exactly something that would require Stanley Kubrick and a movie studio to pull off. It's something that literally would have taken 5 seconds to say on a conference call. And it makes at least as much sense as paying full price for a branded title car.
Yes I do think its crazy...WHY?????????? Porsche could have written off potential losses at auction from these units!!! What does it serve to do all these huge incentives to sell cars that were going to sell NO MATTER WHAT MONEY THEY BROUGHT and not even be a blip on there radar money wise????? Why restrict it to just Porsche dealers, so they could heap buckets of additional money at them...again they DIDN'T need to they could have sold them on open auction with ALL available buyers in the mix and potentially sold them for even higher amounts WITH NO INCENTIVES?? When you say incentives, YES there were "incentives" as far as special finance provisions for dealers that use Porsche financial Services to sell them, and some small items that help the dealers sell them at store and maybe they even help cover transportation costs to dealer but this notion that a company would throw thousands of dollars at a car that already has cost them a mint to buyback and overall engine replacements in first place is crazy. Maybe I should give up it does not seem I am making my point?

I keep saying I have no idea why people don't want the results the results?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

Why would these cars be considered Lemons? They way I have always understood the Lemon Law (at least here in VA) is that if a dealer fails to resolve at reoccurring problem, after 3 times the car owner can demand and receive a buyback. Once the problem was identified, Porsche replaced the engines on the cars.

Hopefully someone here with knowledge of the law can explain this.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:13 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Why would these cars be considered Lemons? They way I have always understood the Lemon Law (at least here in VA) is that if a dealer fails to resolve at reoccurring problem, after 3 times the car owner can demand and receive a buyback. Once the problem was identified, Porsche replaced the engines on the cars.

Hopefully someone here with knowledge of the law can explain this.
It was mentioned earlier but some states have provisions on how long a car can be in a dealership for repairs....these obviously were far past what is deemed in some state's law as reasonable and therefore had to be bought back by Porsche
Old 09-24-2014, 09:17 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Really jerk off? Where exactly did I EVER SAY i hate this car?? Really?
Tell ya what HAKU Put $10,000 grand up to my favorite charity And i'll send you via pm BOTH of the contacts I got. If they don't say they called me, I'll send $10,000 to your charity. Deal Do it. PP it now.
As a matter of fact about how serious I am about getting a 2015. Heres my build

PFP1AX45 Go to PNA and punch it in
The SoCal Special Olympics Hockey Team. Put up or shut up. Read my posts where my stated my reservations on the 991 I never said I HATED THE 991. I stated my reservations on some things Thats All. My Opinion, like others here They called me because 1.) I had ordered a car from one dealer and changed my mind to a GT3 from a C4...and 2.) I bought my 2010 from another and they called to see if I wanted to sell it back. Simple
Alright, alright, now that it's come down to name calling let me chime in and state:

-You've been here for all of 2 months.

-You've made numerous posts about your "reservations" about the 991 GT3. That much is clear. If it's not clear to you, go back and read them.

-You've stated more than once how 991 GT3 prices will skydive. I've done skydiving (more than just once, might I add ) and that's precisely how you've described them across multiple threads. Thank you for your opinion. Sorry that they haven't lived up to your expert predictions.

-You've continued to state (recently, might I add) how you're "out" and not interested except perhaps as a used buyer for a MY2015.

-You go on and on and on about this and that, conspiracy this and that, PCNA had something to do with this and that.

So I must ask: why do you care? Why do you continue to post over and over and over again about your "reservations" that no current owner cares about? If you please, you're sounding like those whose sn's start with "M" and "n"...... and I value their continued "inputs" in the same light... If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's just as simple as that. Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

sccchii:
Thanks for the clarification. Personally if I could afford and wanted one of these, I don't see any reason not to buy one of these buyback cars. Engine replaced with the problem resolved.

I bet there are plenty of cars out there for just about all manufacturers that had an engine replacement under warranty and are not branded "lemon."

Seems like nonsense that these cars got scarlet lettered.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:23 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
And again history report would still show correct history regardless of what title is or isnt
You make a good point. It assumes however the buyer will run a CarFax that shows for example:

VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS
You have checked the following vehicle:
VIN:
WP0AC2A91ES183182
Year / Make:
2014 PORSCHE
Model:

CARFAX Lemon Check® Results

ALERT! This 2014 PORSCHE 911 GT3 has been identified as a Manufacturer Buyback or Lemon.*
The CARFAX database contains 5 important vehicle history records about this 2014 PORSCHE 911 GT3. Order the complete CARFAX Report now.
IMPORTANT! These 5 records may confirm a clean history or reveal costly hidden problems such as:
Salvage History?Multiple owners?Odometer fraud?Major accident damage?Flood damage? Fire damage?
Learn the details about this 2014 PORSCHE 911 GT3, or any other vehicle you are considering buying, by ordering the complete CARFAX Vehicle History Report.

I have never previously run a CarFax. I will have to change that practice if I ever buy a used car again.

Regarding your most recent post, we agree it is speculation that Porsche offered any dealer incentives. It is also speculation that the sales were facilitated out of Georgia where title is washed for any nefarious purpose. And, it may not be a bad thing for owners or soon to be owners that these cars may sell at or above MSRP, keeping in mind they're likely being bought and sold by dealers who probably will mark up by $15k to $30k. But, it may not be of any benefit to us since we may not likely resale our cars and expect the same result.

The point is, we have no real explanation why these branded cars were sold at or near MSRP. And, that fuels everyone's curiosity.

Dan (agrees it's probably just a free market explanation and, that's a good thing for us owners/soon to be owners)
Old 09-24-2014, 09:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the forum world, not necessarily in the real world. There are many buyers who don't even participate in Porsche forums.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Alright, alright, now that it's come down to name calling let me chime in and state:

-You've been here for all of 2 months.

-You've made numerous posts about your "reservations" about the 991 GT3. That much is clear. If it's not clear to you, go back and read them.

-You've stated more than once how 991 GT3 prices will skydive. I've done skydiving (more than just once, might I add ) and that's precisely how you've described them across multiple threads. Thank you for your opinion. Sorry that they haven't lived up to your expert predictions.

-You've continued to state (recently, might I add) how you're "out" and not interested except perhaps as a used buyer for a MY2015.

-You go on and on and on about this and that, conspiracy this and that, PCNA had something to do with this and that.

So I must ask: why do you care? Why do you continue to post over and over and over again about your "reservations" that no current owner cares about? If you please, you're sounding like those whose sn's start with "M" and "n"...... and I value their continued "inputs" in the same light... If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's just as simple as that. Thank you for your thoughts.
Nicely done. Thank you!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:36 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just thought I would ad some COLOR to this thread...
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Ooooooohhhhhhhh....aaaaaahhhhhh......
Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

sccchii:
Thanks for the clarification. Personally if I could afford and wanted one of these, I don't see any reason not to buy one of these buyback cars. Engine replaced with the problem resolved.

I bet there are plenty of cars out there for just about all manufacturers that had an engine replacement under warranty and are not branded "lemon."

No problem, I would have no issue purchasing one of these units if I could not get a 2015.....I personally would have a problem paying MSRP on one but as far as the cars themselves there is nothing wrong with these knowing the history we know but I cannot fight the market value and the market place spoke on these
Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ooooooohhhhhhhh....aaaaaahhhhhh......
LOL, I was going to post the same thing!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
I love those lemons on the wheels!

Simply beautiful!

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today