Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:06 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The entire thing stinks! I got not one but TWO calls for 2015 builds! SoCal local delalers
Today...at MSRP! 'Order now...last call, etc.,'
Old 09-24-2014, 08:17 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Some won't wait regardless of an available 2015 allocation....think about it, many here have already waited forever. I believe Mike said he waited for over a year to eventually get his 2014, I put my deposit down last January and when all is said and done I will have waited a year for delivery. Those who have waited until these recent allocations to act probably will wait the least, only 4-5 months until delivery? Again, there are plenty of people who will want delivery of a car this week because they are available now and the money is no big deal to them.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
The entire thing stinks! I got not one but TWO calls for 2015 builds! SoCal local delalers
....and they still haven't got the message that you hate this car and everything that goes with it!!!

It sure stinks!....Yet the call YOU!...do they think you're daft or something?

Hmmmm.....
Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it easy Promo. As Hillary Clinton says " what difference does it make anymore".

it only a car man.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Really jerk off? Where exactly did I EVER SAY i hate this car?? Really?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Really jerk off? Where exactly did I EVER SAY i hate this car?? Really?
Lovely!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Oh yes, your are obviously referring to me. I am sorry that I'm simply trying to inform everyone that somehow some feel like Porsche is secretly paying dealers to buy the cars at a auction that they really did not need to do? Others will lay wake at night trying to figure out how a car that less than 800 worldwide were sold before a stop sale for the most part shut down the production and certainly slowed net production and has as a result created huge demand that dealers want to take a chance on. Porsche needed to do nothing at all at auction other than disclose what they did? What they sold for is what they sold for period and who cares if no one here will but one for whatever price they ask....THEY WILL SELL to someone. Porsche's favor to dealers was offering them in a dealer only environment! That way they didn't have to compete directly with exporters and used car guys at the auction that might have driven a HIGH DEMAND car up higher. Again sometimes what it appears like is truly what it is and for some reason we want to see something different? Btw....the craziest notion is that Porsche paid dealers thousands of dollars to buy these cars in auction environment for close to MSRP so that they could then feel better about resale value of car????? And write even more off than this fiasco originally cost them...come on everyone we have to have more sense than some of what's been speculated here?
Surely you don't actually think it's "crazy" that Porsche might have offered some incentives to dealers at the auction. That isn't exactly something that would require Stanley Kubrick and a movie studio to pull off. It's something that literally would have taken 5 seconds to say on a conference call. And it makes at least as much sense as paying full price for a branded title car.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Tell ya what HAKU Put $10,000 grand up to my favorite charity And i'll send you via pm BOTH of the contacts I got. If they don't say they called me, I'll send $10,000 to your charity. Deal Do it. PP it now.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

As a matter of fact about how serious I am about getting a 2015. Heres my build

PFP1AX45 Go to PNA and punch it in
Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,009 Posts

You guys are way to serious on a topic where 20 cars were sold at MSRP/above. Logically I think that's a good thing for us buyers???????????? Why would Porsche risk their name on 2M in car sales, and have the truth leaked later after all the delays and cars are shipping? I agree with the OP I would never pay above MSRP, but i can care less about depreciation because I like the car.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Tell ya what HAKU Put $10,000 grand up to my favorite charity And i'll send you via pm BOTH of the contacts I got. If they don't say they called me, I'll send $10,000 to your charity. Deal Do it. PP it now.
I really don't doubt that they called you.
I just wonder why?

Btw, the $10k and all that.... No thanks. I'll be honest, with your know it all attitude, skeptic posts, and general online demeanor I'll decline your challenge. It would be a donation for all the wrong reasons.

Toodle-pip old fruit!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummmm....... thats not serious Promo. 50K down 1 year ago is serious.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:39 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Why would Porsche risk their name on 2M in car sales, and have the truth leaked later after all the delays and cars are shipping?
Where's the risk, though? If there were some game-playing with titles I could see a problem (which is why I highly doubt they would be involved in something like that), but if they just offered dealers something to encourage them to buy the cars, what's the downside? People find out about the incentive and don't consider the prices paid to be a true reflective of market value? Okay, so what?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:41 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

The SoCal Special Olympics Hockey Team. Put up or shut up. Read my posts where my stated my reservations on the 991 I never said I HATED THE 991. I stated my reservations on some things Thats All. My Opinion, like others here They called me because 1.) I had ordered a car from one dealer and changed my mind to a GT3 from a C4...and 2.) I bought my 2010 from another and they called to see if I wanted to sell it back. Simple
Old 09-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Ermmm...

My 5 year old nephew came up with a configurator build as well!
He just had a bit of trouble with the official payment doc and commission number.

Hey ho... Life in the virtual world eh?!

I suggest for the sake of others on the forum we drop this so that each can carry on with their lives... Or fantasy!

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today