Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:34 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
I tried and failed miserably in terms of avoiding RL. I think you've found the key though. Will try to limit visits to the forum...

Will likely continue to fail though.
<b>Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength</b> Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength
Old 03-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I keep RL open the entire day at work now, I refuse to accept the notion of normality. This car and forum have consumed my work life and I'm proud of that.

Full disclosure- That was sarcasm gents. As much as I love RL and pondering about the What-if's with my car, I still get my work done. I would be a ****ty boss otherwise (I'm pretty sure I'm a ****ty boss regardless though)
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

PCNA letter stated earliest this Wednesday but something by Friday. It appears it will be tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just posted on Piston Heads:
I have finally now received a telephone call from Porsche France saying for the moment they have ZERO news about a solution. They hope to hear something next week but they said it may be the end of the month or longer.

Is there words 'What would you like to propose we do?'

They will give me my money back if I wish which is I guess positive. They will cover the costs incurred also.

I have put a proposal to them and wait to hear.

If this is what I hear from PNA, then Porsche has failed to make a very high performance engine. My guess and only a guess, All GT3's will be bought back, we all get our money back and the GT3 car is dead for 2014. Again just a guess.

I know it is hard for Germans to admit faults but in this case just say it and clear the air…...
Old 03-13-2014, 12:23 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
PCNA letter stated earliest this Wednesday but something by Friday. It appears it will be tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:28 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
If this is what I hear from PNA, then Porsche has failed to make a very high performance engine. My guess and only a guess, All GT3's will be bought back, we all get our money back and the GT3 car is dead for 2014. Again just a guess.

I know it is hard for Germans to admit faults but in this case just say it and clear the air…...
Oh come on. You're telling me the company that built the 917 endurance racecar which won LeMans in the 1960's and made 1100 HP, can't build a 330 lb/ft street car engine with 2014 technology?

They've built a 950 lb/ft, 9,000 RPM, 70+ MPG car that my mother could drive more comfortably than her prius and you're telling me that they can't produce a 475HP combustion only street engine?

Bollocks.

Pull yourself together, man, they'll get it fixed!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:03 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's something to think about... we've had eye witnesses on RL that say they swear they have seen GT3's rolling off the assy. line. We have people who have cars on order that are showing V270 or V300. Mine is expected to go to production (body) on 3/28. Sooner or later these cars are going to show up at the dealer. Does anyone seriously expect these cars are being built with the faulty parts? When one of these cars shows up, someone on the RL is going to say, "I have mine!" And "I'm driving it!" I would say that day is coming sometime in April if I have read the posts correctly. (It's all I do these days, can't help myself, I'm a sick man). So, it would seem logical to me that Porsche is going to HAVE to say something before these new (fixed) cars arrive. I mean that would truly suck for those who have theirs sitting in the garage with a DO NOT DRIVE edict, and I'm laughing driving around in one.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM
beowulf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a deposit for delivery next year.

My gripe is... why not put this engine in the Porsche Supercup at least?

It's their own spec racing program.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 284 Posts

Porsche NA backed themselves into a corner last week. They said they "almost know" whats wrong, and they will let us know the solution this week. So... If they simply don't call this week, even though they said they would, it will really put people over the edge.

I do not think GT3's would continue to roll off the assembly line if Porsche was going to buy them back, and we have multiple accounts of them still being produced (in person at the factory, as well as orders progressing). Most recently, mine, which I am watching carefully as it progresses through production.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

This just posted on Piston Heads:
I have finally now received a telephone call from Porsche France saying for the moment they have ZERO news about a solution. They hope to hear something next week but they said it may be the end of the month or longer.

Is there words 'What would you like to propose we do?'

They will give me my money back if I wish which is I guess positive. They will cover the costs incurred also.

I have put a proposal to them and wait to hear.

Our letter said we would get a call this week. PCNA would tarnish its reputation if it failed to call. My concern is they will call and say what the Porsche France said; "sorry nothing new to report. Hopefully we will have an answer before the end of the month" This would contradict their letter which indicated they pretty much found the problem and were confirming some details.

T
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Clocked
Racer

I just sent PNA a email with the letter we got last we just asking if I should still expect a call this week. Have not heard back yet. If I do I will post the response.

Suggest others if they feel appropriate to consider the same.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just sent PNA a email with the letter we got last we just asking if I should still expect a call this week. Have not heard back yet. If I do I will post the response.

Suggest others if they feel appropriate to consider the same.
Is there a specific email that you send such inquiries too for PCNA?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Wow been gone for a week or so. I can not understand why this is not resolved yet or better communicated to you. I feel so bad for you GT3 owners. I hope you get some good news by tomorrow.

Oh I just heard all of you get new motors....sorry late to the dance

Last edited by Yoops Racing; 03-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:53 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Our letter said we would get a call this week. PCNA would tarnish its reputation if it failed to call. My concern is they will call and say what the Porsche France said; "sorry nothing new to report. Hopefully we will have an answer before the end of the month" This would contradict their letter which indicated they pretty much found the problem and were confirming some details.

T
Tarnish its reputation...LOL
That's what they did last year with the centerlock track maintenance schedule handwashing move. They told me it wasn't an issue because most owners don't track the GT3's. What about us that do? We don't matter...

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?