Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 11:16 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

I just bought (yesterday) a 2018 GT3 with 5k miles, Prior CPO runs out in July of 2024, What are my options now of extending that?.

I am looking to buy an extended warranty only from the Porsche dealership in the 4-5 year range, any idea on cost of the Platinum warranty?, and are the prices negotiable from dealership to dealership?
Old 09-30-2023, 12:40 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by HOF Porsche
I just bought (yesterday) a 2018 GT3 with 5k miles, Prior CPO runs out in July of 2024, What are my options now of extending that?.

I am looking to buy an extended warranty only from the Porsche dealership in the 4-5 year range, any idea on cost of the Platinum warranty?, and are the prices negotiable from dealership to dealership?
Thanks for reaching out! We appreciate your interest in purchasing a Fidelity Extended Warranty Service Contract Plan. To facilitate the process, we kindly invite you to visit our website, where you can explore and select the ideal coverage for your vehicle. Rest assured, our prices reflect some of the highest nationwide discounts available.

For detailed plan information overview and a direct link to our online quoting tool, please visit the following link: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...-overview.html

To obtain a free quote, please use the following link: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com

Additionally, you can access our homepage at https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/, which provides a comprehensive overview of our services and offerings.

Our online quoting tool offers real-time quotes with the most significant discounts applied. Once you have selected your preferred plan, simply place your order, and we will expedite the processing. Your contract will be sent via email for convenient e-signature. It is worth noting that we do not charge any sales tax, resulting in substantial savings for you.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team is ready to provide the necessary support.

We would also like to offer you an additional discount at checkout. Please use the promotional code "FP100" for extra savings.

Thank you once again for considering our Extended Warranty Plan. We look forward to serving you and ensuring your vehicle's protection.

Best regards,

Old 09-30-2023, 12:15 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

I’m looking for the Porsche Platinum warranty
Old 09-30-2023, 12:23 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

I’m looking for the Porsche Platinum warranty
We only offer the Fidelity Platinum Warranty - To obtain a free quote, please use the following link: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 09-30-2023, 03:44 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 484 Likes on 355 Posts

@HOF Porsche just ignore them, Fidelity does not offer coverage on 911 GT3's...

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 09-30-2023, 04:47 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

I guess no one is reading my original post/question.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:01 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I guess no one is reading my original post/question.
I'd be able to provide extended warranty information for your GT3 from our provider Freedom Warranty, but you'd have to go to a Porsche dealership for the Porsche 3rd party plan, they are negotiable and highly inflated from dealer to dealer.

My information is tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 if you have any questions.
Old 10-01-2023, 01:02 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

This thread has been taken over by 3rd party salespeople. Call around dealers and see what their pricing is like. Gaudin LV is one that came up in these forums or search where others have gotten it. People I know have relationships with local dealers so that’s where they’ve been getting it.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:04 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

I've had Easy Care-Total Care on several of my cars over the years, including my current GT3. While I have yet to make a claim for my GT3, I have perviously made claims for a couple of M cars and a Honda and was well pleased with their service.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:35 PM
Jenfhs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
My factory 4yr/50k mile warranty is coming up here in 8ish months on my 991.2 GT3, so starting to think about a couple year extended warranty to cover me until maybe I can get an allocation for a 992 RS. Any good places to get a factory extended warranty for fair pricing?
very interested
Old 10-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jenfhs
very interested
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post19043608

As discussed on the forum, and on post #689 recently in the thread above. For factory CPO extension you need either an extensive service history with Porsche dealerships, or have to sell your car to the dealership, the CPO it, then you purchase the vehicle back from the dealership, you'd be left paying tax on the vehicle twice when "purchasing" your now CPO vehicle back.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:16 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 148 Posts

Posting this in case if helps others...

Last month, I asked my Porsche dealer if they could offer an extended warranty for my 2015 GT3 (30k miles, just got a G6 motor installed). Surprisingly, they said yes. I was given two options -- both from PFS (Porsche Financial Services).

The first option -- Platinum coverage -- is basically bumper to bumper, minus wear items, I assume.

The second option -- Powertrain coverage -- is engine, transmission, axles, seals and gaskets.

Here's what's covered by these plans: https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/

I opted for the powertrain coverage -- an additional 60 months and 60k miles was quoted around $6k with $250 deductible. Platinum for the 48 mo/48k miles was quoted around $8k for $250 deductible.

So I now have a 2015 GT3 with a new G6 motor with a Porsche powertrain warranty going out to 2029 and 90k miles!! :-) I think I'll be keeping this car for awhile!

Last edited by johnsopa; 11-15-2023 at 01:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
justint5387 (11-16-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 02:27 PM
Vinh Nguyen
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 96 Posts

Can RS be covered?
Old 11-15-2023, 08:26 PM
SpeedofSloth
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar to johnsopa, just posting this in case it's helpful to someone. I recently got an extended warranty through my dealer for my 2018 GT3 when the CPO was close to expiring. I got 84 months of platinum coverage with a $250 deductible for $10k. I didn't save the sheet with all of the different costs per month, but I recall the prices being close to what slipaway37 posted earlier. It was the last year or two where the price really started to jump up. Still, I don't see myself selling my car, so I figured it would be worth it for peace of mind.

Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen
Can RS be covered?
From what I've read earlier while browsing this thread, it doesn't look like Porsche covers the RS for an extended warranty. I'm not sure if this has changed lately.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:13 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen
Can RS be covered?
Not sure. Call your dealer and ask for a quote for a PFS VSC Platinum and Powertrain coverage.

I would suspect the answer is yes.

I asked my dealer if they can quote for Rennlisters and he said it has to be a car they see/put eyes on before writing up the contract.

Quick Reply: Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?