Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 03:23 PM
cwazy1
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
More Safe Guard wowes.... and exactly what I meant when I brought up Porsche North America will not do anything on your behalf should you have an issue with Safe Guard, and they ultimately, you are dealing with two separate companies no matter how much "Porsche Platinum Service Contract" is written at the top.

https://rennlist.com/forums/new-memb...l#post18577063
It explicitly calls out in the Plat SafeGuard VSP in Section 6 - Exclusions from Coverage, subsection C - Normal Maintenance items or parts normally designed to be services or replaced periodically during the life of the vehicle..... standard, hybrid and electric batteries and battery cables.

While I do think that its a bit weird to not cover batteries if your vehicle is a hybrid or full EV, the OP in that thread did not read the clear as day print. Its a 14 page T&C, takes maybe 30 minutes to read. If you're going to spend 4-8k$ on a VSP, one should probably read the contract.

I would not use this example as evidence for why someone should purchase a Freedom/Fidelity over a SafeGuard.

Last edited by cwazy1; 01-17-2023 at 03:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
slipaway37 (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 03:28 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 507 Likes on 371 Posts

@cwazy1 I wouldn't blame him completely, who knows that the dealer may have told him when it comes to covered components.

This was not to prove one provider is better than another, just trying to untangle the confusion further about who really is providing these Porsche extended warranties.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 01-17-2023 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:43 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

More Safe Guard wowes.... and exactly what I meant when I brought up Porsche North America will not do anything on your behalf should you have an issue with Safe Guard, and they ultimately, you are dealing with two separate companies no matter how much "Porsche Platinum Service Contract" is written at the top.

https://rennlist.com/forums/new-memb...l#post18577063
Do you cover vehicle batteries?
No where in the warranty T&C does it say a battery is a covered item:
6. EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
This Agreement does NOT cover the following parts, services, conditions or events:
C. Normal maintenance items or parts normally designed to be serviced or replaced periodically during the life of the Covered Vehicle, including, but not limited to: oil, coolant, fluids, lubricants, refrigerants, filters (except when required in conjunction with a covered repair), spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, light bulbs, sealed beams, lenses, fuses, wiper blades and arms, standard, hybrid and electric batteries and battery cables, drive belts, coolant and vacuum hoses, brake rotors, brake drums, brake pads and linings.
With that said:
Hybrid and EV battery warranty coverage often lasts longer.
Federal law requires automakers to ensure EV and hybrid batteries last for at least eight years or 100,000 miles.
California goes even further, requiring a 10-year, 150,000-mile warranty on EV and hybrid batteries.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:02 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slipaway37
Do you cover vehicle batteries?
No where in the warranty T&C does it say a battery is a covered item:
6. EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
This Agreement does NOT cover the following parts, services, conditions or events:
C. Normal maintenance items or parts normally designed to be serviced or replaced periodically during the life of the Covered Vehicle, including, but not limited to: oil, coolant, fluids, lubricants, refrigerants, filters (except when required in conjunction with a covered repair), spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, light bulbs, sealed beams, lenses, fuses, wiper blades and arms, standard, hybrid and electric batteries and battery cables, drive belts, coolant and vacuum hoses, brake rotors, brake drums, brake pads and linings.
With that said:
Hybrid and EV battery warranty coverage often lasts longer.
Federal law requires automakers to ensure EV and hybrid batteries last for at least eight years or 100,000 miles.
California goes even further, requiring a 10-year, 150,000-mile warranty on EV and hybrid batteries.
Yes sir, but you guys seem to be missing the point of the post, this was not to spark a debate about hybrid coverage, but the difference between Porsche North America/Financial Services's name on a Safe Guard policy, and what happens when you have an issue with Safe Guard, and how Porsche North America/Financial Services's responds.

Fidelity Hybrid Coverage: ADDITIONAL HYBRID/PLUG-IN ELECTRIC/COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS/HYDROGEN COMPONENTS: Motor/generator belt tensioner;
drive motor dampener; voltage inverter reservoir; three-phase high voltage cables; hydraulic or electric regenerative braking system; hybrid/
EV/hydrogen battery (nickel-metal hydrate or lithium-ion drive propulsion battery)
including the case and mounting hardware, junction
block, main battery cable, and frame wire; onboard battery charging system including charge controller, plug in outlets, plug in cable, and
trickle charger cable; electric AC compressor and motor; electric steering rack, gear, and motor; electro/hydraulic power steering pump and
reservoir; hydrogen fuel cell stack; battery cooling pump; seals and gaskets.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:27 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Yes sir, but you guys seem to be missing the point of the post, this was not to spark a debate about hybrid coverage, but the difference between Porsche North America/Financial Services's name on a Safe Guard policy, and what happens when you have an issue with Safe Guard, and how Porsche North America/Financial Services's responds.

Fidelity Hybrid Coverage: ADDITIONAL HYBRID/PLUG-IN ELECTRIC/COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS/HYDROGEN COMPONENTS: Motor/generator belt tensioner;
drive motor dampener; voltage inverter reservoir; three-phase high voltage cables; hydraulic or electric regenerative braking system; hybrid/
EV/hydrogen battery (nickel-metal hydrate or lithium-ion drive propulsion battery)
including the case and mounting hardware, junction
block, main battery cable, and frame wire; onboard battery charging system including charge controller, plug in outlets, plug in cable, and
trickle charger cable; electric AC compressor and motor; electric steering rack, gear, and motor; electro/hydraulic power steering pump and
reservoir; hydrogen fuel cell stack; battery cooling pump; seals and gaskets.
​​​​​​More Safe Guard wowes.... and exactly what I meant when I brought up Porsche North America will not do anything on your behalf should you have an issue with Safe Guard, and they ultimately, you are dealing with two separate companies no matter how much "Porsche Platinum Service Contract" is written at the top.
Excellent example, thank you, however; Your choice of words lead most to suspect biased marketing or a comparison/contrast of your product over the Porsche program.
Also note that PAG would only become involved if a customer needs to go above their local service provider should a complaint arise.
I have 110% full faith and confidence that my Porsche dealer who sold me said warranty despite under a SAFE GUARD, LLC policy will follow-through as long as I have met the T&C stipulations as the vehicle owner.
It is also incumbent of the warranty owner to read the T&C, and then provide such relevant information to the servicing establishment as they sometimes (and often do) misunderstand the T&C verbiage as written. It can take effective two-way communication to work things out.
In this specific instance I believe my dealer would provide another battery given the CA EV Hybrid battery law; however I believe the OP is in Ohio given his forum name?
Perhaps you should market more so that Porsche would offer your warranty company in lieu of their current offeror? I understand that Porsche may be going with the lowest price technically acceptable (LPTA) vendor, but also doubt they would jeopardize their brand in such a deliberate manner.
I am sure you have many satisfied customers, but I for one feel more comfortable going with what my PFS underwriting team provided: To each their own.
Now with that said, should I ever have a situation requiring extended warranty coverage for which a Porsche dealer tells me to go 'pound sand,' I shall certainly eat my words.

Last edited by slipaway37; 01-17-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Highline-Autos.com (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 05:27 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@slipaway37 I can see how my post in its own context, vs the context of the concerns and opinions expressed in this thread previously can be taken as two different agendas.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:53 AM
Balata7272
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSP

Originally Posted by NYC-GT3
I purchased an extended warranty (Porsche Platinum, $250 deductible, 5 additional years (108mo., 60k total) for my 991.2 GT3 which was coming out of warranty. Paid $3,850 which after shopping around was a great price. Additionally, I purchased it from an out of state dealer where extended warranties are not subject to sales tax.
Could you please send me the contact information on where you purchased the VSP thank you in advance.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:06 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Balata7272
Could you please send me the contact information on where you purchased the VSP thank you in advance.
Go to your selling dealership's (or any Porsche dealer) financial services dept and ask to speak with a Finance Manger.
Here's the online information:
​​​​​​https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/
ENJOY!
Old 01-19-2023, 03:38 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

I keep hoping one of these threads is going to announce someone decided to extend coverage for my 991.2RS!!
Old 01-19-2023, 08:20 PM
ShawooDude
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Last month I purchased the 10 year, $100 deductible, 75K mile platinum VSP plan from my local dealer for my 2019 Targa. My manufacture's warranty expires on 10/2023. I called over 10 dealer both in and out of my state (CA). My local dealer first quoted me $10k. I then called each dealer's finance manager and asked them for a quote. I worked my way around to the cheapest quote and took it back to the finance manager at my local dealer.

I paid $6,950. No tax added. LA County dealer. This will cover my Targa 4 GTS until 2029, or 75K miles.

Last edited by ShawooDude; 01-19-2023 at 08:24 PM.
viveksarda (01-24-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 08:33 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShawooDude
Last month I purchased the 10 year, $100 deductible, 75K mile platinum VSP plan from my local dealer for my 2019 Targa. My manufacture's warranty expires on 10/2023. I called over 10 dealer both in and out of my state (CA). My local dealer first quoted me $10k. I then called each dealer's finance manager and asked them for a quote. I worked my way around to the cheapest quote and took it back to the finance manager at my local dealer.

I paid $6,950. No tax added. LA County dealer. This will cover my Targa 4 GTS until 2029, or 75K miles.
Fantastic market research and end result! Looks like I should have shopped around, but happy to have either way especially on a GT car.
CONGRATS!
ShawooDude (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 09:56 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bogey1
I keep hoping one of these threads is going to announce someone decided to extend coverage for my 991.2RS!!
Our provider Freedom Warranty provides coverage on the GT cars! You can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 for quotes, questions, and example contracts.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:25 PM
nair2020
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good evening,

I have 2017 911 that has CPO that expiring in 2 months with 59k miles.
Can you please share where and whom did you deal with to get your extended warranty.

Thank you
Jay
nair2020@hotmail.com
Highline-Autos.com (02-01-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 08:19 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by nair2020
Good evening,

Can you please share where and whom did you deal with to get your extended warranty.

Thank you
Jay
nair2020@hotmail.com
We can help for sure - our new online portal should be available soon to provide all Fidelity options online, but get started below and keep an eye out for our official announcement!

GET FREE ONLINE QUOTE: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 02-01-2023, 01:38 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nair2020
Good evening,

Thank you
Jay
nair2020@hotmail.com
Just emailed.

Quick Reply: Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?