Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 08:05 PM
aparedes
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by achenator
more info? Any website or anything on the paperwork you got from them?
I got the warranty from Porsche Naples directly. I believe you need to do it before the original manufacturer warranty expires. It is offered through Safeguard and I believe it will be pullover with your VIN at any Porsche Dealer. .

Last edited by aparedes; 10-28-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:35 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 962 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Yes to all, except we cannot process to CA residents, regardless of phone or online since we are not a CA registered dealer.
Ive bought two Fidelity contracts from Steingold....

Great service and best price

Love his self rating software and RL discount!

I have a home in WA so all good on the CA issue
The following users liked this post:
SteingoldVolvoCars (11-04-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 04:32 PM
sbonomo
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

I recently purchased the freedom complete warranty from highline-autos for my 2014 GT3 with the g6 motor (5-year 100K mile). I had some trepidation about sinking 7K into a relatively unknown company for a warranty that would cover the car not just the engine. I am glad that I did! After a very spirited drive there was a significant leak coming from the rear. After diagnosis it was determined that it was tranny fluid not oil. Long story short, the transmission was shot. After some back and forth and a few stumbles here and there Freedom came through with what was promised (20K toward the tranny). It didn't cover the entire job but man it took the majority of the sting out of it. I know that warranties are hard to find for GT3's so just posting a positive ending for those that looking for an extended warranty. Now i have a .1 with a new motor and a new tranny!
The following 2 users liked this post by sbonomo:
911-140.6 (01-17-2023), Highline-Autos.com (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 04:44 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 507 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by sbonomo
I recently purchased the freedom complete warranty from highline-autos for my 2014 GT3 with the g6 motor (5-year 100K mile). I had some trepidation about sinking 7K into a relatively unknown company for a warranty that would cover the car not just the engine. I am glad that I did! After a very spirited drive there was a significant leak coming from the rear. After diagnosis it was determined that it was tranny fluid not oil. Long story short, the transmission was shot. After some back and forth and a few stumbles here and there Freedom came through with what was promised (20K toward the tranny). It didn't cover the entire job but man it took the majority of the sting out of it. I know that warranties are hard to find for GT3's so just posting a positive ending for those that looking for an extended warranty. Now i have a .1 with a new motor and a new tranny!
Fantastic to hear, and you still have another $20k of coverage on the vehicle! Anyone else looking for coverage, you can contact me at (855) 924-1333 or tgibson@highline-autos.com for quotes and example contract to coverage.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 12-14-2022, 08:44 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by sbonomo
Do you mind sharing your mileage? I too recently received a $70K G6 motor replacement, and have an extended warranty to 101K miles, or next 5.5yrs. Hoping the PDK goes beforehand!
Many folks say that the PDK is 'rock solid,' but they they do seem to be going out. Wonder if has anything to do with the G6 replacement.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:27 AM
RDBinkley
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd B
Porsche does now offer an extended warranty

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...rotectionplan/

Expand your coverage, effortlessly.
Porsche Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) delivers benefits beyond the high standards set by the Porschefactory warranty program, with coverage options up to 10 years or 100,000 miles.¹¹ Pay nothing on covered repairs other than the deductible you select.

Comprehensive protection, personalized for you.
Your authorized Porsche dealer will guide you through two available plans to help you determine which best suits your needs.
Service you can trust. Parts you can count on.
You will receive genuine Porsche parts¹² and superior service designed specifically for your vehicle.
  • Nationwide service available at all participating, authorized Porsche dealers or other authorized licensed repair facilities
  • 24-hour roadside assistance with enhanced roadside benefits
  • Reimbursement of up to $250 for towing to your selling dealer or to the nearest authorized licensed repair facility¹³
  • Rental car reimbursement¹⁴ of up to $50 per day for up to 10 days¹⁵, if required
  • Trip interruption coverage of up to $200 per day for a maximum of five (5) days, if required for a total benefit of $1,000 per occurrence¹⁴
  • Deductible options of either $100 per claim or $250 per claim are available. If the $100 deductible is chosen, the deductible is waived if repairs are performed at the selling dealer
  • Transferable for a $50 fee if you sell your vehicle to a private party¹⁶

Component Group Powertrain Platinum Engine Transmission Drive Axle Seats and Gaskets Climate Control
Shocks
Suspension
Fuel System
Electrical System
Steering
Brakes

Available on new, pre-owned, and Certified Pre-Owned Porsche vehicles at the time of purchase or lease. Also available after vehicle purchase or lease if the vehicle is still covered under the manufacturers new vehicle limited warranty.
Covered components.
Not only does Porsche Vehicle Service Protection Platinum Plan expand the coverage for the service of major components, we also cover an extensive range of genuine Porsche parts.
Engine, Transmission, Drive Axle
Including manual and automatic transmissions, rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive.
Climate Control
Including air conditioning and heater components.
Shocks, Front and Rear Suspension
Including suspension bushings and bearings.
Steering and Brakes
Including power steering and Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) components.
Fuel Systems, Electrical Systems
Including fuel injection, sensors, and power windows and seats.
Navigation, Audio, High-Tech
Including navigation display and Bluetooth®.

Coverage exclusions may apply:¹⁷
  • Mechanical breakdowns covered by your vehicle’s manufacturer’s warranty
  • Mechanical breakdowns caused by accident, collision, vandalism, or weather-related conditions
  • Mechanical breakdowns caused by lack of recommended maintenance or preexisting conditions
  • Repair or replacement of hybrid batteries, electric batteries, and battery cables
¹¹ Vehicle Service Protection coverage runs concurrently with any applicable manufacturer's warranties.

¹² Any necessary replacements will be made using genuine Porsche new or remanufactured parts, or Porsche-approved parts.

¹³ Vehicle will be towed to selling dealer if mechanical breakdown occurs within 100 miles. If over 100 miles, the vehicle will be towed to the nearest authorized licensed repair facility.

¹⁴ Due to a covered mechanical breakdown.

¹⁵ Rental car reimbursement of $50 per day up to 10 days does not include fuel, collision damage waivers and optional insurance charges.

¹⁶ Agreement is transferable within 30 days of the covered vehicle resale or lease assumption.

¹⁷ Additional exclusions may apply. Please see your Agreement for specific coverage details, including limitations and a complete list of exclusions

Todd B,
Isn't this extended warranty coverage actually managed by a third party company? I was told by my local P dealer that Porsche was offering these warranties but the warranty coverage is actually managed by a third party vendor. It is not actually a Porsche warranty and is not the same coverage as a Porsche warranty. Do you know if this is correct? Thanks.
Highline-Autos.com (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 09:49 AM
mipcar
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Seems like every time the extended warranty question comes up with Porsche dealership, we are told "GT cars not covered". Has this changed?
greggmorton (05-28-2024)
Old 12-15-2022, 01:10 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Correct @RDBinkley and @mipcar , I've also seen it referred to as "Porsche Platinum" coverage by others on the forum, but it is a 3rd party company behind it, not Porsche back in Germany like your factory warranty.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:14 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Default Porsche Vehicle Service Protection Plan

This is what was offered through my Porsche Financial Services dept, and of course I selected the Platinum VSP coverage:
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/

I do not care if a third party vendor provided the coverage as it was sold to me by my Porsche dealer, and the vehicle goes to them for any warranty coverage.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:16 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mipcar
Seems like every time the extended warranty question comes up with Porsche dealership, we are told "GT cars not covered". Has this changed?
To my knowledge it's the GT3RS models that are extremely difficult to extend warranty through a Porsche dealer.
Many-many GT3 owners have purchased extended warranties wether through PFS, or an independent agency.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:23 PM
wishman44
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Correct @RDBinkley and @mipcar , I've also seen it referred to as "Porsche Platinum" coverage by others on the forum, but it is a 3rd party company behind it, not Porsche back in Germany like your factory warranty.
I purchased the Porsche VSP Platinum plan for my GT3. Others have attested as well. Although it appears not available for GT3 RS.

Not sure what you mean not Porsche backed. It is sold by Porsche, advertised by Porsche, and will be serviced by Porsche. https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/

Yes, the contract appears to be written by Safe-Guard Warranty, but I don't think that is any different than any other extended warranty offered by Porsche for any car, at least in the US.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:34 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

THIS:
Not sure what you mean not Porsche backed. It is sold by Porsche, advertised by Porsche, and will be serviced by Porsche.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/
Old 12-15-2022, 02:51 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wishman44
I purchased the Porsche VSP Platinum plan for my GT3. Others have attested as well. Although it appears not available for GT3 RS.

Not sure what you mean not Porsche backed. It is sold by Porsche, advertised by Porsche, and will be serviced by Porsche. https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/

Yes, the contract appears to be written by Safe-Guard Warranty, but I don't think that is any different than any other extended warranty offered by Porsche for any car, at least in the US.
I never said it was not Porsche backed, there has been confusion in the past in the forum... this thread even, on whether or not Porsche offers extended warranties on these GT3 and GT3RS vehicles, the answer is no. Porsche USA and your local Porsche store may sell the Safe Guard policy, but it is not provided/handled by Porsche in Zuffenhausen where your factory warranty would be.

It may not seem like a big difference, but as someone who is a customer and issuer of extended warranty coverage, it is all about who exactly you're dealing with, if you have an issue with the Safe Guard policy, Porsche is not going to get involved and help get your claim approved. Check post #172 & #174 of this thread.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:31 PM
sbonomo
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slipaway37
Do you mind sharing your mileage? I too recently received a $70K G6 motor replacement, and have an extended warranty to 101K miles, or next 5.5yrs. Hoping the PDK goes beforehand!
Many folks say that the PDK is 'rock solid,' but they they do seem to be going out. Wonder if has anything to do with the G6 replacement.
Not at all, I have 50,250.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:08 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

More Safe Guard wowes.... and exactly what I meant when I brought up Porsche North America will not do anything on your behalf should you have an issue with Safe Guard, and they ultimately, you are dealing with two separate companies no matter how much "Porsche Platinum Service Contract" is written at the top.

https://rennlist.com/forums/new-memb...l#post18577063

Quick Reply: Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?