Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 05:35 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com

this is so strange! Not sure what the disconnect is. Perhaps the Porsche dealer is offering him something different? It was 7 year / 70k miles with $250 deductible for $5k
Old 12-07-2023, 06:10 PM
SpeedofSloth
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaaayelll
Sorry if this has been addressed…

Situation: CPO car; original factory warranty is about to expire.I’m interested in extending coverage via VSC Platinum out to 10 years.

Question: Am I correct in assuming that a VSC Platinum warranty can be added during the CPO period and that it doesn’t need to be added before the factory warranty expires, which would result in warranty layering. Lack of response to the question from the dealer makes me think my assumption is correct.

Secondary question: Any pricing benefits to adding now vs in another two years? I’d think the pricing would be cheaper later since the effective coverage period would be less.
When I got my warranty renewal, my factory warranty was long expired and I was in the last month of the CPO coverage. Technically I did have some warranty overlap consisting of a couple weeks, but that didn't matter to me.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:54 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 484 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by GTZee
this is so strange! Not sure what the disconnect is. Perhaps the Porsche dealer is offering him something different? It was 7 year / 70k miles with $250 deductible for $5k
Could be... hard to find people to warranty these cars, we're able to with our other provider who specializes in the exotics you can find on our website www.highline-autos.com

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 12-08-2023, 01:01 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

I now have heard from multiple owners that they are able to obtain Fidelity Platinum warranty through their various Porsche dealers for there .1 GT3RS.
Old 12-08-2023, 01:28 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I now have heard from multiple owners that they are able to obtain Fidelity Platinum warranty through their various Porsche dealers for there .1 GT3RS.
Not how that works, dealer games it sounds like.... with Fidelity it is either an eligible vehilce or not. I could email the Fidelity VP and tell him "I bought a 991 GT3 RS new and it only has 100 miles, would you make an exception?" he'd tell me no....
Old 12-08-2023, 01:56 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Not how that works, dealer games it sounds like.... with Fidelity it is either an eligible vehilce or not. I could email the Fidelity VP and tell him "I bought a 991 GT3 RS new and it only has 100 miles, would you make an exception?" he'd tell me no....
I just spoke with a dealer myself and got a quote - I checked 2 different VIN numbers of the .1 GT3RS that I am looking to buy. Both were eligible and he sent me this:

Old 12-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I just spoke with a dealer myself and got a quote - I checked 2 different VIN numbers of the .1 GT3RS that I am looking to buy. Both were eligible and he sent me this:
Re-read this, it was at the bottom of a the list of excluded vehicles. 996 GT3, GT2 / 997 GT3, GT3 RS, GT2, GT2 RS / 991.1 GT3 / 991.2 GT3 , GT3 RS, GT2RS and all the Speedster and special variants along the way are not covered, and you get a clear ineligible when you put the VIN in the system. The '16 991.1 GT3 RS does populate because because the system thinks it is a base 911, what would happen if you were to file a claim? You'd be denied.. end of story.

I hate to be the *bad guy* here, but when stuff hits the fan when you take your 991.1 GT3 RS in for a PDK claim with Fidelity, and Fidelity denies your claim because you should not have been sold a policy in the first place, it is going to be me trying to do reputation damage control on the forum because a some dealership was looking for a quick buck... Porsche dealer or not, we all know the only P GT cars we can cover, the GT4 and GT4RS with Fidelity warranty coverage.

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 12-08-2023 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-08-2023, 02:40 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Re-read this, it was at the bottom of a the list of excluded vehicles. 996 GT3, GT2 / 997 GT3, GT3 RS, GT2, GT2 RS / 991.1 GT3 / 991.2 GT3 , GT3 RS, GT2RS and all the Speedster and special variants along the way are not covered, and you get a clear ineligible when you put the VIN in the system. The '16 991.1 GT3 RS does populate because because the system thinks it is a base 911, what would happen if you were to file a claim? You'd be denied.. end of story.

I hate to be the *bad guy* here, but when stuff hits the fan when you take your 991.1 GT3 RS in for a PDK claim with Fidelity, and Fidelity denies your claim because you should not have been sold a policy in the first place, it is going to be me trying to do reputation damage control on the forum because a some dealership was looking for a quick buck... Porsche dealer or not, we all know the only P GT cars we can cover, the GT4 and GT4RS with Fidelity warranty coverage.

This is absolutely insane if dealers are selling Fidelity warranty coverages based on the VIN and the claim gets denied because the system is thinking its a base 911. Wouldn't the same thing go when you take the car in for any warranty claim that it shows its a base 911 to them as well?? This is a systematic issue and theres no way this can be happening???
Old 12-08-2023, 02:51 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This is absolutely insane if dealers are selling Fidelity warranty coverages based on the VIN and the claim gets denied because the system is thinking its a base 911. Wouldn't the same thing go when you take the car in for any warranty claim that it shows its a base 911 to them as well?? This is a systematic issue and theres no way this can be happening???
Fidelity dealers/retailers have been told not too, that it is an error Fidelity will fix, we all know the rules, those who are choosing to do business outside those rules are on doing so against Fidelity's wishes. The Fidelity VIN system is not the same as the internal Porsche system, Porsche i'm sure will read correctly, Fidelity is having an issue with only the 991.1 GT3 RS VINs, it is not an external Porsche issue.
Old 12-08-2023, 05:36 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by sbonomo
I recently purchased the freedom complete warranty from highline-autos for my 2014 GT3 with the g6 motor (5-year 100K mile). I had some trepidation about sinking 7K into a relatively unknown company for a warranty that would cover the car not just the engine. I am glad that I did! After a very spirited drive there was a significant leak coming from the rear. After diagnosis it was determined that it was tranny fluid not oil. Long story short, the transmission was shot. After some back and forth and a few stumbles here and there Freedom came through with what was promised (20K toward the tranny). It didn't cover the entire job but man it took the majority of the sting out of it. I know that warranties are hard to find for GT3's so just posting a positive ending for those that looking for an extended warranty. Now i have a .1 with a new motor and a new tranny!
Did you have to provide Freedom with computer generated proof that you had a synthetic oil change done within 30 days of the purchase of the contract, and every 12 months or 10,000 miles thereafter(whichever comes first) by a licensed repair facility as required at section 4 of the contract?
Old 12-08-2023, 05:59 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by parkerfe
Did you have to provide Freedom with computer generated proof that you had a synthetic oil change done within 30 days of the purchase of the contract, and every 12 months or 10,000 miles thereafter(whichever comes first) by a licensed repair facility as required at section 4 of the contract?
Freedom Warranty will check the vehicle's Car Fax for proof of service history, if it is not listed on the Car Fax, then they will reach out to the owner/myself the retailer for any maintenance records the owner may have.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:47 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

Freedom Warranty will check the vehicle's Car Fax for proof of service history, if it is not listed on the Car Fax, then they will reach out to the owner/myself the retailer for any maintenance records the owner may have.
What about owners who do their own routine maintenance such as oil/filter changes?
Old 12-09-2023, 04:25 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by parkerfe
What about owners who do their own routine maintenance such as oil/filter changes?
Keep all receipts and records if they're called upon by the warranty company.
Old 12-10-2023, 10:15 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 912 Posts

Whats the cost for warranty coverage for a 991.2 GT3 thats outside of 4/50k? Sorry I didnt read every page. I m guessing fidelity doesnt cover it. Who does?
Old 12-10-2023, 07:32 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Whats the cost for warranty coverage for a 991.2 GT3 thats outside of 4/50k? Sorry I didnt read every page. I m guessing fidelity doesnt cover it. Who does?
Our other retailer, Freedom Warranty, we use for anything more exotic than a Porsche 911 Turbo. You're looking at about $7,500, 60 months, $20K per claim / $40K per policy of coverage. Repairs accepted at all Porsche dealers or licensed independents in the country, you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 for an example contract that explains coverage.

Quick Reply: Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?