Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 03:22 PM
Manhattan_trout
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts

Still quite a few dealer flippers too. E.g., Ryan Friedman bids on a ton of BAT cars. They just bought a 964 turbo for 250k and listed it for 300k the next day.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:21 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Manhattan_trout
Still quite a few dealer flippers too. E.g., Ryan Friedman bids on a ton of BAT cars. They just bought a 964 turbo for 250k and listed it for 300k the next day.
Yeah and westcoastexotics and foreginaffairmotorsport bid on every Porsche imaginable.

I think they just bid up every car at this point to try and keep bat prices high to justify their asks.....I don't think it will end well for them given what car prices do 95% of the time as when the tides turn (they already have) it's impossible to stop
Old 09-13-2023, 04:58 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 167 Posts

Dealers bidding up "collector car" prices in the 90s didn't end so well for anyone holding a car from the peak. Some of those cars still have not come back to the prices they were selling for at that time.
The following users liked this post:
welikethetrack (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 07:29 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

There was a time at the peak when all auctions seemed to be dealer to dealer.....there's always a bag holder but I guess this time, every dealer who bought in '21 / early '22 is a bagholder
Old 09-14-2023, 01:50 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 840 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
What’s the story on this car? Asking for a friend

https://www.pcarautogallery.com/2018...-gt3-c-333.htm

From the original listing a couple years back. It looks like the selling dealer bought this car on pcarmarket right in the middle of the CA MT stop sale. Looks like they’re holding the bag now.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gt3-touring-5/
surprised it's still in biz!
Old 09-14-2023, 04:18 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
surprised it's still in biz!
I remember calling that transaction the peak of the market and some dealer told me I was wrong. Pretty sure they haven't been able to sell it for approaching 2 years now so definitely haven't had to eat my words so far.
Old 09-14-2023, 05:58 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 167 Posts

That is my near prefect spec Touring, but that at that price. I can say it wouldn't be kept in bubble wrap and would see the track.

Last edited by IRunalot; 09-14-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:24 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by fijibubba
They had the MSRP price listed on Cars.com and Autotrader. On their website no price was listed over the weekend. When I called on Monday morning when they opened they said it was priced at 290K but was already sold pending financing. I told them I was a cash buyer and could wire funds immediately. They said they would let me know if financing fell through.... I told them I wasn't interested in funding the other purchaser 🤣 They didn't like my joke 😭
Dealers would rather take a buyer who's financing over cash... Never tell a dealer how you will pay. Get them to agree to the sale first and THEN hit them with oh yeah I'm paying cash.
fijibubba (09-19-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 08:17 PM
Ben M
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IRunalot
That is my near prefect spec Touring, but that at that price. I can say it wouldn't be kept in bubble wrap and would see the track.

I called them months ago and they were asking $320k I believe at the time. Let's see what it actually sells for when it sells.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:25 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ben M
I called them months ago and they were asking $320k I believe at the time. Let's see what it actually sells for when it sells.
lol the perfect spec Slate grey 992 went for quite a bit less. And the PTS Viola, BRG, etc even more so. Wonder what the opportunity cost is to carry a car for years without selling vs just cutting your losses.
3pedal981 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 04:57 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

There is a 2019 GT3RS in Miami Blue at a dealer in Palo Alto. Has been WP and 9300 miles. Ask is $. Anyone interested?

Sold

Last edited by mnawa; 09-15-2023 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:10 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

can anyone recommend someone to do a mobile ppi in the san mateo/san francisco/san jose area? Car is at a dealership in Palo Alto.

Last edited by Rod27; 09-16-2023 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:03 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
can anyone recommend someone to do a mobile ppi in the san mateo/san francisco/san jose area? Car is at a dealership in Palo Alto.
That car is a few miles from my house so I can pop around and take a quick look. I can’t do today as I’m off having fun in my RS but could swing by tomorrow. LMK

One of the trusted Porsche Techs for GT cars in my area is a Cory at Fremont Porsche. Not sure if they would do a mobile PPI. Another shop I have used is BR racing but I have only used for alignments. They are Porsche centric and as the name suggests are also a race team. Bruce is the owner and very approachable.
Rod27 (09-16-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 10:45 AM
Indyxc
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
If brakes are good, only thing to be concerned about re track use is tire condition. Check the date manufactured. Once the OE tires are heat cycled, they're trash, and there can still be plenty of tread remaining.

Keep this in your back pocket for final negotiation, new set of Cup 2 or Dunlops would be >$2k for somebody.

If low enough mileage on a .1 RS, they can still be on the original 2015-2016 tires. You don't want those.
Well, thanks to everyone's help here I am a GT3 RS.1 owner!

Here is the story for everyone that helped, and in case it helps someone in the future.

Flew down to Fort Lauderdale Friday night, and drove to the dealer Sat Morning (Ferrari West Palm Beach). I instructed them to have the car (cold) on a lift. They would not let the car leave offsite, but offered a technician to work me with, or bring my own to do any inspection I wanted. Being a car guy / engineer for 25 years, I am fairly confident in my own skills. (I've done engine / trans rebuilds / light paint work). If I would was not, I would of hired a Porsche Tech to come join me.
  • Checklists:
  • I printed the Porsche 2015-2016 Maint Check List- While nothing ground breaking, it does remind you to actually check trivial stuff like lights, horn, etc.
  • I printed the dealers intake check list (Had pad measurements), but not rotor wear.
  • Tools:
  • Paint thickness gage, OBD2 scanner, panel gap measuring tool, flash light.
  • Process
  • On the ground:
  • When I arrived, I instructed the the dealer to have the car cold. It was- We did a cold start, no smoke, or anything out of the exhaust. Kind of suprised, given these cars seems to have smoke on cold start.
  • Before putting the car on the lift, I inspected the paint with a flash light or chips, dings, and repaint. No respray evident anywhere. Good to check on inside areas like the front, under the headlights, and inside the fenders.
  • I brought my paint meaureness gage, and checked the door jam, doors, rear panels, roof. Basically the magnesium, steel, aluminum panels. You can't check the carbon or plastic ones. Paint on the sides of the car was consistent 5-6mm. Roof was 8-10 mm. I was checking for evidence of variations, none found.
  • I checked the panel gaps of the car all around, looking for differences between sides. It varied 2-5mm depending on where I measured it. The main thing, was it was consitent indicating no panel unbolting.
  • Rear spoiler oddly did not have the GT3 RS paint bubbles. It had SOME, but very little.
  • On the lift:
  • Before putting it on the lift I wanted to remove 1 wheel and inspected the brakes / rotors. This is the only thing that was less than ideal. The guy had a breaker bar, but we both struggled to remove the front wheel. I did not want the wrench to slip, so he offered to use an impact to remove it. Not ideal, and not recomended but I took this route to see the brakes. It was not a Porsche (Ferrari) so they did not have the special tools. Wheel came off, but it definitely put some marks on the center lock. : '
  • In the air:
  • Front Right Brake- You could tell this car was a country club car as the Ferrari dealership called it. Brake pads were basically new measurement (they had sent me premeasures), but you could tell they were not new as the backing plates had some rust on them.
  • Rotors: The only odd thing. The front rotors looked less new than the rear ones. They were all very smooth, but I checked every nook and cranny around the wheel well for rubber or evidence of track use when I pulled a few panels. There was ZERO evidence of track use, this was the only thing that was a head scratcher. They had given me estimate wear % by their Porsche tech (Who was off that day), but not actual porsche tool measurements. I kind of wish I had those, but moot point at this point.
  • Tires: 2018 Manf Date- all almost brand new 7/32 depth.
  • We pulled the rear engine pan, and transmission pan (picture is pre transmission pan). No evidence of leaks on the pans.
  • I inspected the belt, sensors, pulleys, exhaust. Everything clean, no evidence on any fasteners they had ever been touched.
  • Very clean underneath, though you could tell she was a Florida car. Some surface rust on no painted steel surfaced (Axle shafts inputs). Not a big deal.
  • I spent 20 mins looking at every nook and cranny all around looking for track use, water damager (sand / silt), painting. None found, the car was very clean.
  • Put the car back down on the ground / Test Drive:
  • Went through the Porsche check list- Trivial stuff, but you check radio, lights, seat belts, horn. All easty to fix sure, but costs money later.
  • Started the car, and let it idle, scanned the OB2 Codes. All the sensors were ready, which meant no one reset the engine codes recently, and there was no stored engine codes. Yay!
  • After first start the engine had high oil level, but it turned off after 5 mins or so off idle. Thank goodness I had come across this problem with porsche in my research, otherwise this would of scared me off.
  • After idle and warm up, took the car for a good 30 min drive. Checked all the usual stuff, acceleration, braking, shifts, modes, axle lift. Watched oil pressure, oil / coolant temps.
  • Came back and instead of shutting off the car let it idle to see how the temperatues settled. Both oil and coolant settled around 200f.
  • Turned the car off, let it sit for 5 mins, let it heak soak, and see how it hot started. No issue.
  • Interior:
  • Inspected the interior for the usual stuff. Wear, evidence of water damage, smoking, rips, tears. Anything that was out of the ordinary wear or damage wise. Pulled a plug on some connectors under the seat, and no evidence of water in the pins.
  • The dealer had their leather repair guy, and they recondition the seat wear on the bolster this week (Free of charge or me asking!) Very nice of them

Having purchase cars / boats in the past, I knew what a well cared for, babied car as far as driving. This was it. Definitely not owned by a someone obsessed with paint, she deifnitely need a paint correct, but I can fix that!

Decided to buy the car, definitely appreciate all the advice, and advice to buy a car with carbon buckets. While a pain to get into, they make the car even more special!

Paid for the car, drove back to the airport to catch a flight home, had a beer. Having the car shipped home this week!

I appreciate everyone who offered advice in this process! Definitely a sureal day, and I've been thinking about a kid since I had a Countach poster on my wall. The only hard part was forking over the money.

Last edited by Indyxc; 09-17-2023 at 10:51 AM.
The following 12 users liked this post by Indyxc:
atlrvr (09-17-2023), CubsFan1 (09-17-2023), davidbowers13 (09-17-2023), dkexige (10-03-2023), Doug N (09-18-2023), FL4T-SIX (09-18-2023), IRunalot (09-19-2023), Kheires (10-05-2023), ParadiseGT3 (09-17-2023), Rod27 (09-17-2023), slimmn (09-18-2023), TheDangerZone (09-17-2023) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

here is the car listed a few posts ago......im checking it out.

WP0AF2A96KS165795

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post17892468

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...