Steel Brakes
$260k
​​
Wow, $80k ish over MSRP.
Old 09-09-2023 | 11:36 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I know of a British Racing Green 991.2 GT3 manual in a similar spec(PCCB's/buckets/etc) that just traded for 217k which I thought was at the top end already.
Based on what I've seen, 220k is the top end for 991.2 winged cars; rare and desirable PTS and usually some CXX thrown in. $240k is fantasy-land IMO when PTS 992s can be had for $20k more with lower miles.
Old 09-10-2023 | 12:44 AM
Bruce911_
Pro

Originally Posted by maroli
Based on what I've seen, 220k is the top end for 991.2 winged cars; rare and desirable PTS and usually some CXX thrown in. $240k is fantasy-land IMO when PTS 992s can be had for $20k more with lower miles.
991 Tourings are selling for close to what 992’s are selling for over their respective MSRP’s. Says a lot for a 4-5 year old car.
Old 09-10-2023 | 10:08 AM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Indy - from the pics only looks like a nice example. Agree the driver’s side seat may be a little more worn than most you’ll find with that mileage. I find CARFAX reports can sometime be interesting to decipher. For example it indicates two owners but the amount of time under ownership doesn’t seem to align with the life of the car. There are duplicate titles multiple times, maybe normal don’t know. As before, any car should be thoroughly inspected and when buying in S. Florida be sure to look for any moisture signs. Agree that it being sold as CPO in 2019 is a good sign. I would inquire to see what service records they have. Also, there are plenty of members on here from S. FL. Maybe someone can look the car over and provide the RL CARFAX for you. (BTW, the carbon floor mats are notorious for scuffing easily.)
Thanks again for the advice. The seller and I were able to agree to a price, and I put a deposit down.I appreciate the advice, and talking me out of the local one. Your advice and a few others really helped get my back to rational analysis on spec. This one is higher spec'd (with carbon buckets), 6k less miles, sellers says its essentially flawless, and it's actually cheapr than the local one I first looked at. This dealer was willling to come down on price as well. I am flying down next weekend for an in person inspection, purchase.

Woke up this morning with a big feeling of anxiety having comitted to spend so much money! Rationally it just feels crazy to spend this amount of money. However, I have to remind myself that I can afford it, life is short, and it's only money. Growing up in a working class immigrant framily, being frugal is engrained in my DNA, and this feels like the total opposite!

On the flip side this Lava Orange 3RS popped up in my town forsale overnight, and it of cements the one I am buying is the right one, and the right price.

https://monarchshowroom.com/listing/...YaAnu1EALw_wcB

For the one I am buying, it's an 850 mile drive home. Should I drive it, or have it shipped home? It's a boring drive home, and I think the 850 miles in boring miles is probably worth having it shipped home.

For refernece here is the one I put a deposit down on (again);
https://www.ferrariofpalmbeach.com/i...f2a98gs192875/

Thanks all for the advice

Last edited by Indyxc; 09-10-2023 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-10-2023 | 10:21 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Indyxc
Woke up this morning with a big feeling of anxiety having comitted to spend so much money! Rationally it just feels crazy to spend this amount of money. However, I have to remind myself that I can afford it, life is short, and it's only money. Growing up in a working class immigrant framily, being frugal is engrained in my DNA, and this feels like the total opposite!
Good for you. Feels like it, but remember conventional, middle/lower class (no offense intended whatsoever) conceptions of high end automotive values are flawed.

I've lost many x on my dd Tesla than I ever will on my GT3. Same story as compared to the thousands who signed on a $50k GM product this month

You're buying into a privileged asset class. RS is not an investment, but an asset, and probably the most fun one you'll ever have.

Hope everything works out with the purchase.
The following 2 users liked this post by ParadiseGT3:
FL4T-SIX (09-10-2023), Indyxc (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 10:32 AM
Longi
Intermediate

Happened to all of us at some stage. And the cars that made me feel like this were without exceptions the best I've owned. Enjoy yours to the fullest.
Old 09-10-2023 | 10:43 AM
John Clabby
Advanced

Thanks again for the advice. The seller and I were able to agree to a price, and I put a deposit down.I appreciate the advice, and talking me out of the local one. Your advice and a few others really helped get my back to rational analysis on spec. This one is higher spec'd (with carbon buckets), 6k less miles, sellers says its essentially flawless, and it's actually cheapr than the local one I first looked at. This dealer was willling to come down on price as well. I am flying down next weekend for an in person inspection, purchase.

On the flip side this Lava Orange 3RS popped up in my town forsale overnight, and it of cements the one I am buying is the right one, and the right price.

https://monarchshowroom.com/listing/...YaAnu1EALw_wcB

For the one I am buying, it's an 850 mile drive home. Should I drive it, or have it shipped home? It's a boring drive home, and I think the 850 miles in boring miles is probably worth having it shipped home.

For refernece here is the one I put a deposit down on (again);
https://www.ferrariofpalmbeach.com/i...f2a98gs192875/

Thanks all for the advice
Indy, have you sat in carbon buckets yet? Might not be a bad idea to go look at and drive the local car, for one to get a feel for the buckets and also just to have another data point on how an RS in general drives. All of the experience helps when you're flying out and going to be making a decision on the spot.

I drove my car home from Orlando to NYC when I bought it. The first day was just Orlando to a bit north of Atlanta, nothing fun. The second day we went through the Chatahoochee national forest and snaked our way up to the tail of the dragon. From there we hit Pigeon Forge and the Smoky mountains. That was one of the most fun drives I've had in my life. If you did that route and ended up in Pigeon Forge you'd only be a few hours down I40 from home. If you have a few days, absolutely you should.
The following users liked this post:
Indyxc (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 11:13 AM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Drive. Take the long way. Up to Greenville SC then take Tail of the Dragon over into TN. You'll appreciate it. It's an emotional purchase, not a rational one. Embrace that.
The following 3 users liked this post by atlrvr:
Burren (09-14-2023), FL4T-SIX (09-10-2023), Indyxc (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 01:26 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bruce911_
991 Tourings are selling for close to what 992’s are selling for over their respective MSRP’s. Says a lot for a 4-5 year old car.
For sure - 991 tourings selling for more over MSRP than 992 winged cars. 992 tourings still getting $60-70k over but i think in time, that may come down to below the premium for 991.2 tourings
Old 09-10-2023 | 01:54 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

For sure - 991 tourings selling for more over MSRP than 992 winged cars. 992 tourings still getting $60-70k over but i think in time, that may come down to below the premium for 991.2 tourings
Agree. The 991.2 Touring are timeless and elegant, while still being a fantastic drive on the road or track. Unfortunately the 992 GT3 Touring shines more on the track than the road, (can be annoying to drive around town)and it is a less attractive car inside and out compared to a 991.2 Touring.

10 years from now, I think the 991.2 Touring will as valuable or more than a 992.1 Touring.
The following 4 users liked this post by Drifting:
Lebreeze (09-10-2023), mattyf (09-10-2023), Porsche911GTS'16 (09-11-2023), rhk118 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 02:33 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Clabby
Indy, have you sat in carbon buckets yet? Might not be a bad idea to go look at and drive the local car, for one to get a feel for the buckets and also just to have another data point on how an RS in general drives. All of the experience helps when you're flying out and going to be making a decision on the spot.

I drove my car home from Orlando to NYC when I bought it. The first day was just Orlando to a bit north of Atlanta, nothing fun. The second day we went through the Chatahoochee national forest and snaked our way up to the tail of the dragon. From there we hit Pigeon Forge and the Smoky mountains. That was one of the most fun drives I've had in my life. If you did that route and ended up in Pigeon Forge you'd only be a few hours down I40 from home. If you have a few days, absolutely you should.
Great advice on the trip home.

Re Seats:. I have not sat in the carbon buckets, but I will. I've already in my mind comitted to buying a car with the buckets, for the fact of the resale alone. It will probably add character to the car.

I really want to drive the car home (next Saturday), but a couple challenges. 1. I have to be home by Sunday morning, so it would be a interstate sprint home. 2. The dealer is telling me with a Title only purchase (My preference), it does not come with a temporary tag. The alternative is they could do all the documentation for me (Extra fees), issue me a temp tag, but they also would collect the sales tax, and then send a check to TN DMV, which I will never repear again. I had an awful experience with another dealer, where I paid tax, they were very slow to send the check, then sent too much. DMW would only process the registration with a check for the exact amount, it was a do loop for 4 months, where my temp tags already expired, and I could not register the car.

They said, it takes about 1.5 weeks to get a new title, and send it to me. From there, I could just register the car locally, get the temp tag. Fly back down, and drive it home over a long weekend with the wife. Thanks for the idea!

Old 09-10-2023 | 02:38 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
Good for you. Feels like it, but remember conventional, middle/lower class (no offense intended whatsoever) conceptions of high end automotive values are flawed.

I've lost many x on my dd Tesla than I ever will on my GT3. Same story as compared to the thousands who signed on a $50k GM product this month

You're buying into a privileged asset class. RS is not an investment, but an asset, and probably the most fun one you'll ever have.

Hope everything works out with the purchase.
Thank you. Good and ironic advice for me personally for numerous reasons.

The asset mindset is the right one. Thanks for that.
ParadiseGT3 (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 02:52 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Great advice on the trip home.

Re Seats:. I have not sat in the carbon buckets, but I will. I've already in my mind comitted to buying a car with the buckets, for the fact of the resale alone. It will probably add character to the car.

I really want to drive the car home (next Saturday), but a couple challenges. 1. I have to be home by Sunday morning, so it would be a interstate sprint home. 2. The dealer is telling me with a Title only purchase (My preference), it does not come with a temporary tag. The alternative is they could do all the documentation for me (Extra fees), issue me a temp tag, but they also would collect the sales tax, and then send a check to TN DMV, which I will never repear again. I had an awful experience with another dealer, where I paid tax, they were very slow to send the check, then sent too much. DMW would only process the registration with a check for the exact amount, it was a do loop for 4 months, where my temp tags already expired, and I could not register the car.

They said, it takes about 1.5 weeks to get a new title, and send it to me. From there, I could just register the car locally, get the temp tag. Fly back down, and drive it home over a long weekend with the wife. Thanks for the idea!
Weird, when I bought my car in FL they had no issue giving me a temp tag. I had to sign a document stating I was taking the car out of state, but that's all. They mailed me an FL title in my name a couple of weeks later. I think you might be able to get an in-transit temp tag from your local DMV, but I've never done that myself.
Indyxc (09-11-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 03:59 PM
Bruce911_
Pro

The last few 992 Tourings I saw sold closer to 50k over MSRP, including Slate Gray one on BAT.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...