Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023 | 09:46 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Indyxc
I turned 40 in June, so yeah I was in high school with my Eagle Talon when the original F2F came out, then everyone wanted an Eclipse. When I was in college (Early 2000s) you could buy a used MK4 Supra manual for 30k. Wish I had bought one!

I kind of figured the blue one was tracked (hence the roll cage).Thanks for the back story.

A poverty spec (lol) UV GT3 RS popped up. No Carbon brakes (I actually don't mind that, no headache with the high cost), no carbon bucket, no axle lift. Basically, not many options, but 5k miles.I like low miles.Wish it had FAL. My wife hates the color too.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Moto...8/NONE/DEFAULT

And for reference here are a couple 911.1 GTS RS that sold on BAT. Seems the going price lately has been low 180s.

A Lava Orange RS, 16K miles, Carbon Buckets, sold for $180 so $185K on 6/19/23.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-gt3-rs-42/

A Lava Orange RS, 14k miles, Carbon Buckets, sold for $175, so $180k on 7/5/23.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-gt3-rs-45/

I sent those to the seller of my local Lava RS, and he cordially told me, good luck finding the car right for me.

I might know that UV GT3RS. It goes through oil. Caveat emptor.

Last edited by rk-d; 09-06-2023 at 09:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Indyxc (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 04:10 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
I might know that UV GT3RS. It goes through oil. Caveat emptor.
How common is oil consumption on these cars?

Also, looking at a GT3 RS with bucket seats. Car has 8k miles, and seller sent me attached defect on the seat from getting in and out. Would you except this wear at 8k? Generally seat wear being abornmal vs. miles, is an oddity. Not saying that in this case.

Old 09-06-2023 | 04:36 PM
inspire
Rennlist Member

Also, looking at a GT3 RS with bucket seats. Car has 8k miles, and seller sent me attached defect on the seat from getting in and out. Would you except this wear at 8k? Generally seat wear being abornmal vs. miles, is an oddity. Not saying that in this case.

It's not insanely expensive to replace that piece. Wouldn't deter me from buying the car unless I was looking for some perfect condition, low mileage car.

But at 8K miles, seems relatively normal. This seat does look worse than other seats I've seen at 8K - 10k+ miles though.
Old 09-06-2023 | 05:13 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Some burn oil, and some smoke occasionally on start up. From GT3 up to Cups. Not necessarily indicative of a problem.

That wear spot just indicates the owner didn't care about sliding in. Could look like that after a couple thousand miles, or never depending upon entry protocol.
Old 09-06-2023 | 05:43 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Indy - Paradise GT3 nailed it. You can crease these seats in the showroom by simply letting anyone get in and out. Looking at the picture, indeed the owner(s) likely got in and out as they see fit. To prevent this, people either learn how to get in and out without touching certain areas (admittedly not easy and for some don’t care anyway) and or get seat bolsters to protect the area. I put 5k miles on mine with no bolster protection and they looked as good as the day I picked up the car. I’m 6’ 190. Same applies for scuffs on the door sills and other areas where folks can drag their feet easily when getting out of these cars. Like anything car related, depends on the owners level of attention to detail. Not a fan of the wave in the leather in the right hip area. Regardless, these are the little things one finds in searching used cars. And typically, it is where prices start to deviate. Want a perfect RS or GT3 and CPO $$$. Want one showing a little more wear here and thee $$. Want one with 25-30k miles $.

As you will experience once you get one, how these cars behave is very much attributed to how they are driven and maintained. I didn’t experience significant oil loss (if any) in between oil changes. But, my example is likely an outlier because I drove about 1,250 annually. Was in Seattle at the time and used the car in the summer. So there is that. It would smoke during startup randomly. Similar to my 997 turbo, I learned some keys to prevent this as much as possible. As already shared, these cars need to be driven spiritedly each time they are out. Also, and a key in my point of view, the last 15 minutes or more of driving I took it easy before parking. Want to normalize temps before parking, especially if it was going to sit for extended periods.
Old 09-06-2023 | 05:53 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Weird on the passenger side. That's a large, regular passenger they carted around.

That said, that scuff and crease doesn't bother me. Just raises questions about how it was used.

Last edited by atlrvr; 09-06-2023 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2023 | 08:06 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by atlrvr
Weird on the passenger side. That's a large, regular passenger they carted around.
If I brought my wife along on the regular my entire passenger seat would look like a war zone, total yard sale every time she gets in. Plus sunscreen on the leather, hair ties lodged in the bucket pads, like 3,000 mls of seat wear every trip.

Never fails to let me know how much she hates the buckets, too. It's like that Rick James on Eddie Murphy's couch skit.
The following 6 users liked this post by ParadiseGT3:
atlrvr (09-07-2023), FL4T-SIX (09-07-2023), Indyxc (09-06-2023), jonbek (09-08-2023), krell (09-07-2023), unluckydrawer (09-06-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-06-2023 | 10:15 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Indy - Paradise GT3 nailed it. You can crease these seats in the showroom by simply letting anyone get in and out. Looking at the picture, indeed the owner(s) likely got in and out as they see fit. To prevent this, people either learn how to get in and out without touching certain areas (admittedly not easy and for some don’t care anyway) and or get seat bolsters to protect the area. I put 5k miles on mine with no bolster protection and they looked as good as the day I picked up the car. I’m 6’ 190. Same applies for scuffs on the door sills and other areas where folks can drag their feet easily when getting out of these cars. Like anything car related, depends on the owners level of attention to detail. Not a fan of the wave in the leather in the right hip area. Regardless, these are the little things one finds in searching used cars. And typically, it is where prices start to deviate. Want a perfect RS or GT3 and CPO $$$. Want one showing a little more wear here and thee $$. Want one with 25-30k miles $.

As you will experience once you get one, how these cars behave is very much attributed to how they are driven and maintained. I didn’t experience significant oil loss (if any) in between oil changes. But, my example is likely an outlier because I drove about 1,250 annually. Was in Seattle at the time and used the car in the summer. So there is that. It would smoke during startup randomly. Similar to my 997 turbo, I learned some keys to prevent this as much as possible. As already shared, these cars need to be driven spiritedly each time they are out. Also, and a key in my point of view, the last 15 minutes or more of driving I took it easy before parking. Want to normalize temps before parking, especially if it was going to sit for extended periods.

This is the actual car listed. Another Lava Orange GT3 RS, lower miles than the one I posted before. Has the carbon bucket seats. Only $5k more asking than the local Lava RS I looked at with half the miles.I know my wife is going to hate the seats.

Lava, Black wheels, White tails, White Gages, FAL, same spec as my local one. My exact spec!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/3...-64922cfa06db/

I talked to the dealer. They took it in on a Ferrari Trade. They sent me more pictures. It's a bit dirty on the outside (at the momemt), but the said no noticeable chips or defects at all. Problem is it's 1000 miles away or so, so I can't easily go look at it.

Clean car fax, sold at a CPO at 4k mikes in 2019.

What's is everyone thoughts? (Breaks my heart seeing it sit outside!)

Thanks

Last edited by Indyxc; 09-06-2023 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-06-2023 | 11:14 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Indy - from the pics only looks like a nice example. Agree the driver’s side seat may be a little more worn than most you’ll find with that mileage. I find CARFAX reports can sometime be interesting to decipher. For example it indicates two owners but the amount of time under ownership doesn’t seem to align with the life of the car. There are duplicate titles multiple times, maybe normal don’t know. As before, any car should be thoroughly inspected and when buying in S. Florida be sure to look for any moisture signs. Agree that it being sold as CPO in 2019 is a good sign. I would inquire to see what service records they have. Also, there are plenty of members on here from S. FL. Maybe someone can look the car over and provide the RL CARFAX for you. (BTW, the carbon floor mats are notorious for scuffing easily.)
Old 09-07-2023 | 03:20 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Default Touring on PCAR

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gt3-touring-4/
Old 09-07-2023 | 06:13 AM
AKKutz
Rennlist Member

Note. I was looking at a CPO '19 GT# Touring being sold by a non P-car dealer. Went to local dealer to check CPO status. Local P-car dealer stated that it was indeed CPO, BUT since it was being sold by a non Porsche dealer - Porsche would deny it's CPO status if something needed to be addressed. Hmmmmmmmm
Old 09-07-2023 | 08:30 AM
Bruce911_
Pro

Originally Posted by AKKutz
Note. I was looking at a CPO '19 GT# Touring being sold by a non P-car dealer. Went to local dealer to check CPO status. Local P-car dealer stated that it was indeed CPO, BUT since it was being sold by a non Porsche dealer - Porsche would deny it's CPO status if something needed to be addressed. Hmmmmmmmm
It is my understanding that when a CPO car is sold by a non-Porsche dealer the CPO is gone. However if sold by an individual it will stay with the car.
Old 09-07-2023 | 09:05 AM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AKKutz
Would the local P-car dealer facilitate the sale for you? Negotiate with current non-P dealer, and then have P-dealer purchase at that cost and sell on to you for basically just dealer fees. CPO on '19 has to be ~2 more years, so that's worth a good amount of $$$.
Old 09-07-2023 | 11:13 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Another black Touring! How many does that make on the market now? Seven?
The following users liked this post:
jkautz (10-15-2023)
Old 09-07-2023 | 11:51 AM
LS-1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smiles11
Another black Touring! How many does that make on the market now? Seven?
Think that's #6 if all of them are still available. Bit of a strange anomaly.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...