The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 09:18 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

Moving on!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-gt3-rs-12/

I think this is going to be a new low water mark bid for 991.2 3rs and won’t break 210k, I’m saying 205k RNM
Old 10-06-2022, 09:22 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
i'm not sure you read the part where I explained RELATIVE valuation, IE having FAL makes value higher RELATIVE to not having it. Again you are pointing to an example in isolation without having a counter example with FAL to compare what it would have gotten.
i agree that it could and probably does impact value, as there are people out there that will not buy a car if it doesn't have FAL. I used to be one of them but have since been enlightened ;-) If I was to order a car today, I would add FAL as it's nice to have but I wouldn't pass on a used car if it didn't have it.

that said, it's hard to really quantify the impact as every sale is different, particularly in an auction setting. You can get 2-3 droolers loving the same car and they'll bid it into the stratosphere, regardless of FAL. Or you can have the opposite and the same car can very well sell for much less. It all depends on who's "in the room" bidding at a given time.

Even in the traditional market (classifieds, etc), I can't imagine FAL impacting the outcome of a sale materially (say $5K+), but i could be wrong. Is there any anecdotal data on this? I'd be curious to see it.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:25 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Moving on!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-gt3-rs-12/

I think this is going to be a new low water mark bid for 991.2 3rs and won’t break 210k, I’m saying 205k RNM
i don't know man ... it's a 1,900 mile car. i'd think it would bring at least $240K. and it has FAL ;-)
Old 10-06-2022, 09:31 PM
Trader114
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
I don't see those as issues. 11k miles is certainly not high mileage so that can't be an "issue". FAL is useful but if we're honest, most of these cars spend a lot more time on a battery tender in a garage than out on the road and they aren't being driven daily where pulling into steep driveways and parking lot transitions would be an issue. Roll bar is easily removable and many are installed by cars and coffee posers for looks.

The real reason this car went for what it did is because the entire GT market bubble is deflating, albeit slowly. Even for desirable color manual PTS cars, which this one was. We're still in the denial phase but for those paying attention, prices are slowly trending down.
I considered the following issues that would have totally prevented me from bidding aggressively had I not just bought a gt3:

seller didn’t know what cpo or if this was still under warranty

seller didn’t know if it did or did not have fal

I wouldn’t want to buy a non-cpo car that had a roll cage and 11k miles sight unseen without a dme.

Given the recent transactions on there, I don’t think the sky is falling.. softening yes, but that’s because things were utterly insane 6 months ago.

are you Lawrence from lawrence motor sports? Did you end up making a deal on the birch green?

Old 10-06-2022, 11:13 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 333 Posts

2019 Miami Blue 3RS 3,000 Miles, 279K, WP, FAL, PCCB's, LWB's, Yellow Deviated Stitching, PDLS...Perfectly spec'd beautiful car.

WP0AF2A95KS165562

https://www.circleporsche.com/invent...af2a95ks165562
Attached Images      

Last edited by fijibubba; 10-06-2022 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:30 PM
no401k
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

asked about that car before it was up...no full body ppf and major service wasnt due until next year, and they wouldnt sell to my llc. So i went with a green one and saved some penny. Beautiful spec tho
Old 10-06-2022, 11:53 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 333 Posts

LLC out of state?
Old 10-07-2022, 01:05 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trader114
I considered the following issues that would have totally prevented me from bidding aggressively had I not just bought a gt3:

I wouldn’t want to buy a non-cpo car that had a roll cage and 11k miles sight unseen without a dme.

Given the recent transactions on there, I don’t think the sky is falling.. softening yes, but that’s because things were utterly insane 6 months ago.

are you Lawrence from lawrence motor sports? Did you end up making a deal on the birch green?
No to the last question - not affiliated.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:45 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader114

2nd Birch car still for sale as of tonight. Pinged seller and he said reserve was set at $210! I thought about making an offer slightly above RNM bid but thinking he has dreams of what the last car brought.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:24 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

$210K? Peak delusion. He should've taken the money and moved it along IMO. It'll be hard to top BaT, especially now that the result is out in the open. He's going to chase the market down and eventually sell for less, most likely.

Also, BaT is either slipping with setting reserves, or he's full of it. I'm betting on the latter.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:46 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 364 Posts

Pretty sure he'd point to the prior Birch sale at 209 and say "see!!"
Old 10-07-2022, 07:47 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,464 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
i agree that it could and probably does impact value, as there are people out there that will not buy a car if it doesn't have FAL. I used to be one of them but have since been enlightened ;-) If I was to order a car today, I would add FAL as it's nice to have but I wouldn't pass on a used car if it didn't have it.

that said, it's hard to really quantify the impact as every sale is different, particularly in an auction setting. You can get 2-3 droolers loving the same car and they'll bid it into the stratosphere, regardless of FAL. Or you can have the opposite and the same car can very well sell for much less. It all depends on who's "in the room" bidding at a given time.

Even in the traditional market (classifieds, etc), I can't imagine FAL impacting the outcome of a sale materially (say $5K+), but i could be wrong. Is there any anecdotal data on this? I'd be curious to see it.
I am an active buyer in the market right now for a Touring. Here are my impressions, for anyone interested

While it's true the market on Porsches have softened as a whole, strong cars will continue to get strong money. They didn't make many 1.2 Tourings and the fact is that there are a lot of people who prefer it to the 992, myself included. Nevermind that 992 Tourings are asking 300s (thought I doubt closing at those prices). The 1.2 Touring is one of the best looking water cooled 911s ever made.

FAL is an absolute dealbreaker for me - every Touring I've seen is equipped with it. Not having FAL is a pretty big outlier and a hard pass. It's not even about value at that point - the car is simply not considered. I've owned plenty of lowered cars, all without it, but a GT3 would not get in and out of my driveway without a panic attack.

Not having Buckets and PCCBs aren't dealbreakers, but value takes a real hit.

Full body PPF and CPO is a pretty nice thing to have - personally I think CPO adds about $5k in value and PPF probably a few thousand - even more on a black car.

A car with a roll cage is not a big deal, but I'd have to assume it's been tracked which is a bigger deal. A tracked car needs a PPI and I would have to inspect it personally. I know some say all cars need a personal inspection and PPI, but I'd disagree.

For Tourings, I think a strong spec (LWB, PCCB, extended leather) with CPO, PPF, single owner, no stories gets in the 230+ range. PTS adds $30k if not more for a desirable color.

Last edited by rk-d; 10-07-2022 at 08:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
dommydom (10-07-2022), rhk118 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 08:19 AM
dinkman
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
2nd Birch car still for sale as of tonight. Pinged seller and he said reserve was set at $210! I thought about making an offer slightly above RNM bid but thinking he has dreams of what the last car brought.
wow that is nuts, glad i didnt bid on it. i feel bad for his sob story but he didnt even know what fal, cpo or dme were. youre buying the previous owner along with the car and he just did not give good vibes imo
Old 10-07-2022, 08:31 AM
Trader114
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dinkman
wow that is nuts, glad i didnt bid on it. i feel bad for his sob story but he didnt even know what fal, cpo or dme were. youre buying the previous owner along with the car and he just did not give good vibes imo
agreed. Whereas the first birch one was owned by a Porsche guy, he knew everything about the car, and it had super low miles. I could get confident with that one, but the other seemed like it had more uncertainty, which is going to hurt sight unseen bids.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:36 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Northern buyers won’t/cant drive their cars in the snow so market is slow anyway

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...