Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so entertaining keep them coming.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:24 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
Wow, it's remarkable how much more pleasant this thread is, with Whale on ignore. I picture such an emotionally small person with such a massive anger issue.
So you have him on ignore and still try to bait him. What a clown post.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Better than Reality TV
Old 02-08-2018, 02:28 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Can someone just tell me where to get a 991.2 GT3 RS at MSRP?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
unfortunately, that’s not the argument CW is making in his post. I’m sure he is well aware of the shenanigans dealers do to get sought after cars. He is bringing to light one dealer in particular that uses these shenanigans then turns around and disparages others for playing those same ADM games. I, at least, appreciate the transparency he has outlined.
I'm not sure I understand how buying cars on the open market, either from private parties or other dealers, qualifies as 'shenanigans'. Please explain that to me, because I thought a dealer that sells both new and used cars, would be expected to actively source out inventory to resell to their customers. Would you not do that if you owned a dealership? Do you think if CJ didn't buy those cars on the open market (and put his money at risk, i.e., run a for profit business), those cars wouldn't get sold at those prices? His acting as an intermediary and providing a service to his customers is a bad thing?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:39 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'm not sure I understand how buying cars on the open market, either from private parties or other dealers, qualifies as 'shenanigans'. Please explain that to me, because I thought a dealer that sells both new and used cars, would be expected to actively source out inventory to resell to their customers. Would you not do that if you owned a dealership? Do you think if CJ didn't buy those cars on the open market (and put his money at risk, i.e., run a for profit business), those cars wouldn't get sold at those prices? His acting as an intermediary and providing a service to his customers is a bad thing?
+1
It's called good business to supply a customer driven demand, honestly and with integrity, while making a respectable profit for those efforts.
CUDOS to CJ!
Old 02-08-2018, 02:48 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Shocking news!!! A car dealer that tries to make money by buying and selling cars for a profit, no matter how big or small....
Old 02-08-2018, 02:55 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

call it what you want, good business, shenanigans, slime... it’s still not the point of the argument CW was making. FWIW, I’d probably do the same thing C.J. was doing, especially to grow a smaller dealership, but I wouldn’t parade around touting I’m super transparent and disparaging other dealers that have similar tactics.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:08 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Dealers are in business to make money, just like any other company is. I have no problem with them marking their cars up. If there are arbitrage opportunities, go for it. The market ultimately decides if a given price is justified or not. And there are risks of being wrong, or getting caught with inventory before a market crash. It's just capitalism.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:20 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

call it what you want, good business, shenanigans, slime... it’s still not the point of the argument CW was making. FWIW, I’d probably do the same thing C.J. was doing, especially to grow a smaller dealership, but I wouldn’t parade around touting I’m super transparent and disparaging other dealers that have similar tactics.
If dealers are transparent then they are transparent. If customers are nuts then customers are nuts. If cars are in demand then they are in demand.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

CW just can't help keep digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole. First he goes after me then PNH and now he's at it with CJ and Whoosy, geezzz. Quit while you are behind CW.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty soon someone will have to rename this thread.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

If that is truly his point, then his argument holds no water. A dealer playing games on a new car, using a customer's name unknown to them to spec an allocation, is a shenanigan. A dealer actively trading cars on the secondary market, totally above board and transparently, is an entirely different thing. It's normal business for any dealer that trades in used vehicles, regardless of whether it's a GT car or a 4 cylinder Macan. If CW is arguing that what CJ is doing in the secondary market is shady, that's pure nonsense. I was understanding that CW was contending that CJ was misrepresenting something that transpired with regard to a dealer and a new GT car from Porsche. I have a hard time following what CW is saying because his tone is so nasty and sarcastic.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

If that is truly his point, then his argument holds no water. A dealer playing games on a new car, using a customer's name unknown to them to spec an allocation, is a shenanigan. A dealer actively trading cars on the secondary market, totally above board and transparently, is an entirely different thing. It's normal business for any dealer that trades in used vehicles, regardless of whether it's a GT car or a 4 cylinder Macan. If CW is arguing that what CJ is doing in the secondary market is shady, that's pure nonsense. I was understanding that CW was contending that CJ was misrepresenting something that transpired with regard to a dealer and a new GT car from Porsche. I have a hard time following what CW is saying because his tone is so nasty and sarcastic.
Seems like all the guy wants to do is rock the apple cart. He seems to have a lot of information but not sure why he has such a hostile tone and is so defensive of stealers.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM