mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by grscha
Mooty is next.
mooty?
he's a flipper.
he quit racing and rides bicycles now b/c PAG PCNA kicked him out.
and he loves sweets

cycling cream for the a**... well you can lube whatever parts you wish...

sweets, 24 boxes of samoa, this is the only reason i send my kid to girl scout.

the cookies didnt last long but i have more sugar... that's about 3 days supply

sugar needs to be neutralized, otherwise they turn into fat, slows me down
Old 02-08-2018, 10:48 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
guy even bought the maid a Cayenne!
Terminator has a place in Florida? This sub forum is the most entertaining by far.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:10 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kavocat
I have to offer my unsolicited thoughts about C.J.

I was in Fresno about four months ago for my son’s cross country race. My wife grew up several blocks from Porsche Fresno. We went by my wife’s old house and then stopped in to see the cars on the second floor of C.J.’s building. To my surprise, C.J. was there. It was before 9 a.m. on a Saturday. He was standing there in a blazer, slacks, and dress shirt (but no tie) and having an animated conversation with a man and his son. We waited close by to introduce ourselves, but we didn’t want to interrupt. I was amazed by two things. First, that a dealer principal would be at his store so early on a weekend; and second, that he was almost child-like in his enthusiasm for Porsches. We didn’t hear all his conversation (he was talking about a 997 4.0), but he is clearly an enthusiast. We ultimately left because we were running late for the race. My impression was that C.J. is a good guy. My wife and daughter thought he was good looking too (but they also loved the Miami 718 parked in front of the building, so there’s that).

I trust C.J. He’s well known and well liked. He’s a family man, a sports guy, a car enthusiast, and a businessman. Throw in some apple pie and that’s what America is all about. I will make a point of buying my next Porsche from him.
i met CJW many times. he is a businessman AND an enthusiast. i know many other dealership principals, some can't tell their cayman apart from their cayenne.
now his hair..... few ppl have messier hairs than i do.. CJ wins.

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
If dealers are transparent then they are transparent. If customers are nuts then customers are nuts. If cars are in demand then they are in demand.
clearly we went to the same school, though you type and spell better than i.

Back to ADM....
yes, there used to be no ADM
yes, no one wants to pay extra
but at some point one makes a decision...
i will never buy car with ADM
i will buy with ADM
there's no need to cry over it.
i have had quite a few p cars.. more than toes and fingers..but compared to the billionaires around me in silicon valley, i am smaller than the **** from the bug inside those guys backyard.... an acquaintance beached his 918 on a curb in vegas... decided it was faster to call wynn and buy a ferrari instead of calling AAA. i cannot compete with him. and if a dealer wants to sell him a car before selling me one at MSRP, well... i can only suck it up and hope the lottery hits me next time....

of course if a dealer wants to sell me a hawt car at msrp, i will take it AND remember that.
and return the small favor of buying future cars from him.

actually i am not quite sure what all the argument is about.

they only thing that would bug me is if a dealer used some VIP's name to order a car for inventory... that's not right. it's fraud. but other than that, it's free economy. (yes, i know my take on ADM acceptability is not the same as most ppl, but it is what it is...)
Old 02-08-2018, 11:12 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by chsu74
Terminator has a place in Florida? This sub forum is the most entertaining by far.
i think terminator buys G wagons for his maids.
back in 1990 i met him at Cal (he's filming the movie where he is pregnant... can't remember movie name, the hotel they used as hospital is right outside our school or architecture). he had a W124 500E in red.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:12 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

I know you’d think I could get a car....but...there are major spender/players in the Tampa area that have bought way more Porsche’s than I in fewer years. These guys are high profile people in the area....me naw I’m a nothing to these dealers. I had Boxsters Cayenne and 2 Panameras for the wife and the Carrera S cars and 2 GTS cars were for me but these guys in Tampa are buying Turbo 911’s every year, Turbo Cayenne’s and Turbo Panameras like crazy...guy even bought the maid a Cayenne! These guys will buy a GT3 or RS for way over ADM no issue like every year.

So you see I have zero chance of ever being able to buy a new GT3 ordered how I’d like it. Can’t even get the offer to get on the list with Reeves, Bert Smith or Suncoast Porsche. I bought the last 2 Porsche’s ..Panameras S and my new GTS from Champion because local dealers didn’t have models we wanted and Champion won’t put me on the list....LOL. It’s actually funny when I think about it....but there are other car brands I’m considering.
Call champion and offer ADM. Or Braman or West Broward or the Collection or Melbourne. Or just call some of the out of state dealers in the north east or mid west and someone would be happy to have your business and sell you a GT3 at ADM.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:14 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Mooty, there has been ADMs on Porsches since the mid-80s at least. I have seen them on original sales orders.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:19 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ ah... so it's nothing new.
all this time we though we are special and only we get fk'''d
it appears our forefathers are also reamed....
glad i bought all those creme in post 919
Old 02-08-2018, 11:19 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Rusnak/Westlake - Black +$50k
Old 02-08-2018, 11:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 02-08-2018, 11:27 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ ah... i have no stock. i like to buy gold and bury in my backyard. occasionally i dig them out and do some wt lifting exercises. i am a gold brick and mortar kind of guy
Old 02-08-2018, 11:36 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ ah... i have no stock. i like to buy gold and bury in my backyard. occasionally i dig them out and do some wt lifting exercises. i am a gold brick and mortar kind of guy

Did deep holes or watch pictures showing your house? That or have big dogs??

I guess Gold Rush in CA is still alive & well. Can't go wrong with brick & mortar. Never lose on land. Hard assets

Assume you're not a Bitcoin guy?? Wait until that one ....
Old 02-08-2018, 11:41 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
This talk reminds me a lot about my profession. One golden rule I have learned over the years is not to belittle or talk **** about other docs in your field. Lots still do in front of patients thinking they may win a procedure or two (not limited, but happens usually in cosmetics, which I don’t do). This type of behavior never commands respect in the minds of friends, colleagues, clients, or patients.

PS: people who do good and are confident, never resort to such actions. Let actions speak for themselves.
THIS, i learned this by simple
observation in medical school and live this daily in my practice, throwing insults/gloating...will not win over patients.....its petty

now as far as adm's. Recent manheim auction of a gt3 manual in nashville was bid up to 175 on a 159 sticker (but no sale)and the same wholesaler Has a buy it now for 20 over on a gt3 manual. So i would say 20 over is average with 10-15 over being a good deal at this
time

Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by STG
Did deep holes or watch pictures showing your house? That or have big dogs??

I guess Gold Rush in CA is still alive & well. Can't go wrong with brick & mortar. Never lose on land. Hard assets

Assume you're not a Bitcoin guy?? Wait until that one ....
i do not understand bit coin.
an "asset" if you can call it that with nothing backing it.
if i had to GUESS, it will be outlawed, but it will never disappear. it's like trafficking human, art, organ and prostitution., money laundering.....i can go on... it's hidden....
now we are really OT...

in addition to gold bars, grass is now legal in CA. so i plan to grow those in the garage now. i bought lots of heat lamps.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM