Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, good luck everyone
Old 02-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
CJ and Whoopsy,

Yesterday and today is probably the worst time possible for me to reply to your nonsense. But, in an effort to purge this forum of BAD INFORMATION — fake news, in today’s vernacular — I will respond later tonight or first thing in the morning (ZCH time) when I have 30 minutes to burn.

In the meantime….

The Cleveland Clinic has a world famous Head and Neck Institute.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/departments/head-neck

I would suggest the both of you familiarize yourselves with their contact information forthwith, as the both of you FALL ON YOUR FACES.
Wow, starting a little early on your campaign for 'Rennlist Arrogant ***** of the Year for 2018', ain't ya?
Old 02-06-2018, 07:44 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow, starting a little early on your campaign for 'Rennlist Arrogant ***** of the Year for 2018', ain't ya?
Haven't I read that phase before not long ago?

Oh right, you used that on him earlier in this thread.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I'll raise my hand and say I'm behind ChicagoWhale. Most of his posts are on point and state facts or try to teach others which is in contrast to most posters on here. Others may not like his "against the grain" approach to the common RL narratives but I'm here to learn and will support those who back up with facts, and that goes for him, you, CJ, or anyone else.

It's also fun to ruffles some feathers, otherwise RL can get boring.
Don't quite see any facts he had ever posted. But it's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinions, that's the beauty of a free country.

He is trying to use 'rules' to describe something that cannot happened. But of all people, in his line of work, he should know there is no fail-safe fail-safes. Every fail-safe has a way around it.

Which is what had happened, at least 3 times already with the unauthorized ordering of cars under VIP's name.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:26 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like this has been discussed multiple times. Acquiring a car at MSRP takes a LOT of effort for anyone. If you are able to acquire one at MSRP, you are probably a 918 VIP. Or a Dealer customer VIP meaning regularly buying Porsches (plural) at a particular dealer on a yearly basis. Or simply consider yourself lucky.

The website clearly states, "Actual selling prices are set by the dealers and may vary." Dealers are customers of PCNA. We are customers of the dealer. It really is an uphill battle and you have to work hard to get these GT* cars at MSRP. Good luck.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 02-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Haven't I read that phase before not long ago?

Oh right, you used that on him earlier in this thread.
My bad. I thought I previously nominated him for the 2017 Rennlist Douche of the Year award after one of his nasty tirades, but didn't remember it was in this thread.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:51 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Meteor Grey Manual

From @SamFromTX, incoming GT3 available... Contact Jeromy Boulez at 469-688-0360. Same dealer that had the Sport Classic Grey last month. No pictures yet, still at port. Arriving next week.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:52 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I'll raise my hand and say I'm behind ChicagoWhale. Most of his posts are on point and state facts or try to teach others which is in contrast to most posters on here.
+1
Old 02-06-2018, 09:55 PM
samkumar
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Anybody have experience with Porsche of South Shore, on Long Island? How's the reputation?
I'm buying my GT3 from them. PM me and I can discuss further, They have been very good to me.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:58 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

For those still hunting for their own .2 GT3, there are a handful that have surfaced on the classified threads on here just to state the obvious in case anyone forgot about including it as part of their search. 2x GT Silver (1 PDK 1 6 speed) and 1 Chalk I think are still available, zero connection to any of those sellers.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Yesterday the world was collapsing . How would any one have the money now to afford a GT3.

"Bear trap"
Old 02-07-2018, 02:07 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

To the poster above- you don't have to be a 918 owner to get a car, you just have to start very early.

Some guys joke about it but like mooty said just call now and put in for 992.

Start now, build some credibility with one dealer. Throw all your eggs into that basket.

You cannot wait for a car to be announced, waffle, and then jump and get msrp - the environment is changed and there are 20 well informed people in your way already.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:11 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

We done gonna have some Church tonight, gentlemen! You must fix the mind… you must get that melon right… before you can receive the wisdoms I shall bestow onto you tonight!

Church is in session… please be seated.

First of all, let me start with the backdrop: a Paint to Sample 911R allocation was the single most difficult allocation to secure from PCNA in 20 years. The overwhelming majority of 918 VIP’s were told it wasn’t even possible, which created an enormous amount of drama when a few of them began to surface in the US. The assertion that a “slimy” dealer could have ordered an extra, bogus Paint to Sample 911R as a fraudulent order under the name of a VIP client — unbeknownst to that client — is utterly PREPOSTEROUS.

That story is straight from the devil’s workshop. It demonstrates ignorance on how the ordering system for 918 VIP’s function internally.

For you to believe the client had no knowledge of the "bogus" order throughout the entire process (ordering, production and delivery) you would also have to believe the following:

1). You would have to believe the 918 VIP ignored all emails and phone calls from PCNA when they initially reached out to the client asking if he wanted the 911R. A request for a PTS** 911R would trigger even more emails to the VIP client from PCNA, and all those emails would have to be ignored, as well. Once the request for a 911R allocation was made, another email would have been sent to the client asking if he wanted the number on the 911R to match his 918 - and that email would also have to be ignored.

2) You would also have to believe the 918 VIP ignored the free gift and congratulations letter sent to him after the bogus order was placed.

3). Getting into the internal mechanics of ordering a car: all 918 VIP’s have a specific, individual BPID number. This number must be used to put the car in KF status, and all 918 VIP orders must remain in KF status until V999. PCNA assigns this BPID number to a specific commission number and then drops it into the EHB for that dealership; in other words, PCNA decides which allocations go to the 918 VIP - not the dealer. That specific BPID number stays attached to that specific commission number the entire time. PCNA initiates this and controls the entire process - again, not the dealer. The only thing the dealer can do is make changes to the configuration. If you want to believe the horse-apple story you’ve been told by CJ and Whoopsy, you have to believe PCNA just randomly decided not to assign a BPID number to the commission number of this 911R.

This is utterly impossible, especially on an exceptionally rare PTS 911R allocation which was under the microscope of EVERYONE AT PCNA. Any PTS 911R would be in KF status with the correct BPID number and it would be viewed 50 times over 9 months by a myriad of people from Zuffenhausen to Donahue to the regional manager and 10 people in between.

4). That specific BPID number is also used to RDR the car. It MUST MATCH the original BPID number used when the 918 was originally RDR’d. This is an extremely strict rule with ZERO exceptions and it’s vigorously enforced. This prevents a 918 VIP allocation being sold to a different person.

5). If you believe the 911R was RDR’d to the 918 VIP unbeknownst to him, then you must also believe that client ignored all correspondences which buyers receive from PCNA after a car is purchased, like welcome letters, CSI surveys, etc.

6). If you believe the 911R was RDR’d to someone else and the BPID number was secretly changed, then there would be no reason why the 918 VIP would be accused of flipping the car. According to Porsche’s records, he never owned it in the first place.

In true German fashion, Porsche is extremely rigid in their processes and procedures. To suggest that all these processes and emails and correspondences broke down simultaneously in perfect order like dominos, enabling a “slimy” dealer to accomplish the impossible is pure lunacy.

……to be continued.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:01 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
To the poster above- you don't have to be a 918 owner to get a car, you just have to start very early.

Start now, build some credibility with one dealer. Throw all your eggs into that basket.

You cannot wait for a car to be announced, waffle, and then jump and get msrp - the environment is changed and there are 20 well informed people in your way already.
+1
until the economy this again, this is how it will be.

Gave my deposit in 2007, they still have it.
This has been the way for over 10 years then.
Dealer knows I only buy new cars from him, I haven’t bought as many as I would have liked in the last 10 years.
They also know if I sell one they can have first right of refusal.

FWIW, that’s the best I can do.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:20 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Don't quite see any facts he had ever posted. But it's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinions, that's the beauty of a free country.

He is trying to use 'rules' to describe something that cannot happened. But of all people, in his line of work, he should know there is no fail-safe fail-safes. Every fail-safe has a way around it.

Which is what had happened, at least 3 times already with the unauthorized ordering of cars under VIP's name.
I know of a few cases of it in the NE where PCNA has given their blessing. None of the deals were above MSRP, but no hold period, no kicking out of the VIP program etc.

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Sadly, no longer the case in the tri state. Getting in early on a list just means you get a call to see if you're interested at an ADM.

Being in the market for 4 cars this year, I've never seen Porsche inventories as high as they are now in the area. I don't think it's a coincidence that it happens at the same time dealers remove the incentive to be regular customers.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM