Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 08:37 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

All the seller/flipper needs to do is buy the 911R emblem and stick it on the rear trunk cover and seller/flipper can charge additional $50K.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Old 04-15-2018, 09:32 PM
MWA1977
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

The real frustration is just getting into the game. 12 years of schooling, finally at the point where my childhood dream of owning a "Porsche" is now an absolute reality. Unfortunately I have a fetish for the GT3RS and don't want to settle on anything else. But I live 350 miles from the closest dealership. I have no prior history, nor family history for that matter, of having ever owned a Porsche. Getting into the game if you will is extremely difficult I have found, at least for the GT cars. I have no connections at Porsche dealership or friends with connections. Doing it on your own is near impossible. Yes, I can buy used, but I want that first time owner experience. I want it to be mine from the start and own it forever, giving it to my kids to drive and appreciate. 6 years ago I debated (....really argued) with my wife about buying a recently listed used 2007 Black w/orange accents GT3RS at Park Place Porsche that had under 3,000 miles for ~$110K. I still wanted a brand new one especially with the .1's soon to arrive during that time. But before I decided to do it, it was sold. Big mistake obviously LOL! Live and learn I guess. Paying above ADM seems ridiculous to me. Is it the new norm, I hope not. But if it is so be it. Supply and demand. Maybe something else will peak my interest. Maybe Porsche will fix the problem. Not gonna lose sleep over it. I'll just keep being me and hope things work out into my favor.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:51 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have nearly the exact build, if someone wanted to give me 300k for it... I would gladly let them have it! Wow!!
Old 04-15-2018, 10:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Name:  photo967.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  648.5 KB

Last edited by STG; 04-15-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:25 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Originally Posted by STG
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
All the seller/flipper needs to do is buy the 911R emblem and stick it on the rear trunk cover and seller/flipper can charge additional $50K.
Lol you know there are touring guys thinking about doing that, right after they finish putting on the 911R stickers.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:21 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by MWA1977
The real frustration is just getting into the game. 12 years of schooling, finally at the point where my childhood dream of owning a "Porsche" is now an absolute reality. Unfortunately I have a fetish for the GT3RS and don't want to settle on anything else. But I live 350 miles from the closest dealership. I have no prior history, nor family history for that matter, of having ever owned a Porsche. Getting into the game if you will is extremely difficult I have found, at least for the GT cars. I have no connections at Porsche dealership or friends with connections. Doing it on your own is near impossible. Yes, I can buy used, but I want that first time owner experience. I want it to be mine from the start and own it forever, giving it to my kids to drive and appreciate. 6 years ago I debated (....really argued) with my wife about buying a recently listed used 2007 Black w/orange accents GT3RS at Park Place Porsche that had under 3,000 miles for ~$110K. I still wanted a brand new one especially with the .1's soon to arrive during that time. But before I decided to do it, it was sold. Big mistake obviously LOL! Live and learn I guess. Paying above ADM seems ridiculous to me. Is it the new norm, I hope not. But if it is so be it. Supply and demand. Maybe something else will peak my interest. Maybe Porsche will fix the problem. Not gonna lose sleep over it. I'll just keep being me and hope things work out into my favor.
I am a big fan of the GT cars but you might consider a 991 turbo. They are fabulous cars and available to purchase at sticker plus you can start to build a relationship with a dealer. I know they depreciate alot faster than the GT cars. If your ever near LA happy to take you for a spin in my 991 turbo s...its a beast and sounds great with the Sharkwerks exhaust. I agree there is something really special about getting a brand new Porsche.

Also the 997RS .1 is a very special car...the motor is epic.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:25 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

If you regret not buying the used 997 RS, then why not consider going the used route now? There are some great GT4s and 991.1 GT3s on the market right now at very reasonable prices. If you are stuck on the RS, there are many 997 and 991.1 options available.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:55 PM
MWA1977
Rennlist Member

I had the opportunity of buying the GT4 from a Rennlister a couple of years ago. Almost pulled the trigger but I am dead set on a GT3, preferably an RS. Do I need the RS over the base GT3, No. But thats what I want. Dreams are dreams and when you make up your mind it's hard to deviate from it. Pay up or shut up is what I tell myself, but I won't get caught up in this absurd ADM stuff. $10-20k over, yea ok. $50+, nah I"ll pass. The GT4 was a great deal but after having driven the .1 GT3 I knew I would be regretting the GT4 down the road. I guess its just the satisfaction of be able to walk in and walk out of a dealership with something that I have wanted for a long time now. Years ago, that meant something, and likely got you on the list. But now, even long time clients can't even get or stay on the list. A guy looking for his first purchase doesn't have a chance. Pretty much realizing the used buyer market is where I'll end up. It is what it is. I am fortunate just to be able to have the means to buy one and enjoy life the way I wan too. I won't let it rattle me that much but it is frustrating. Kind of like Fords buyer program for the GT when it came out last year. Make it an even playing field, consider all as potential owners. Then you fill out the application and they want to know what cars you have in your collection, charity work done, etc. etc. Yea, I went ahead and sent it in.........full well knowing that it wouldn't have a chance. Rumor is, the next run of the GT's are stating up again soon. Just more disappointment. Oh well. I am thankful for what I have. Cheers
Old 04-16-2018, 03:10 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

I had the opportunity of buying the GT4 from a Rennlister a couple of years ago. Almost pulled the trigger but I am dead set on a GT3, preferably an RS. Do I need the RS over the base GT3, No. But thats what I want. Dreams are dreams and when you make up your mind it's hard to deviate from it. Pay up or shut up is what I tell myself, but I won't get caught up in this absurd ADM stuff. $10-20k over, yea ok. $50+, nah I"ll pass. The GT4 was a great deal but after having driven the .1 GT3 I knew I would be regretting the GT4 down the road. I guess its just the satisfaction of be able to walk in and walk out of a dealership with something that I have wanted for a long time now. Years ago, that meant something, and likely got you on the list. But now, even long time clients can't even get or stay on the list. A guy looking for his first purchase doesn't have a chance. Pretty much realizing the used buyer market is where I'll end up. It is what it is. I am fortunate just to be able to have the means to buy one and enjoy life the way I wan too. I won't let it rattle me that much but it is frustrating. Kind of like Fords buyer program for the GT when it came out last year. Make it an even playing field, consider all as potential owners. Then you fill out the application and they want to know what cars you have in your collection, charity work done, etc. etc. Yea, I went ahead and sent it in.........full well knowing that it wouldn't have a chance. Rumor is, the next run of the GT's are stating up again soon. Just more disappointment. Oh well. I am thankful for what I have. Cheers
Are you trying to convince yourself or me with all that drivel?
Old 04-16-2018, 03:30 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Guys, I'm a first-time Porsche owner. Hell, I've only had one car my entire life and it wasn't anything special. And it took me all of 3 days to find a GT3. I went to Google maps, typed in Porsche Dealer, and started calling all the dealers that popped up, starting in my home state and working my way out, until I found a dealership with an allocation at a price I was ok with. It's not hard—just time consuming.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:27 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Guys, I'm a first-time Porsche owner. Hell, I've only had one car my entire life and it wasn't anything special. And it took me all of 3 days to find a GT3. I went to Google maps, typed in Porsche Dealer, and started calling all the dealers that popped up, starting in my home state and working my way out, until I found a dealership with an allocation at a price I was ok with. It's not hard—just time consuming.
Wow, this is a tough crowd..................
Old 04-16-2018, 09:54 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
, until I found a dealership with an allocation at a price I was ok with. It's not hard—just time consuming.
Key phrase here. Yep super easy to find. Find at a price you are ok with is a whole different story. To many this amount is no where near the asking prices of many of these dealers that google finds.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:02 AM
MWA1977
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Was it too much? Aunt Flo must be about to visit the Mrs. and it is clearly affecting my well being. Anyone got any Midol?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...018-gt2rs.html

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM