Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 05:29 PM
kavocat
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 24 Posts

I have to offer my unsolicited thoughts about C.J.

I was in Fresno about four months ago for my son’s cross country race. My wife grew up several blocks from Porsche Fresno. We went by my wife’s old house and then stopped in to see the cars on the second floor of C.J.’s building. To my surprise, C.J. was there. It was before 9 a.m. on a Saturday. He was standing there in a blazer, slacks, and dress shirt (but no tie) and having an animated conversation with a man and his son. We waited close by to introduce ourselves, but we didn’t want to interrupt. I was amazed by two things. First, that a dealer principal would be at his store so early on a weekend; and second, that he was almost child-like in his enthusiasm for Porsches. We didn’t hear all his conversation (he was talking about a 997 4.0), but he is clearly an enthusiast. We ultimately left because we were running late for the race. My impression was that C.J. is a good guy. My wife and daughter thought he was good looking too (but they also loved the Miami 718 parked in front of the building, so there’s that).

I trust C.J. He’s well known and well liked. He’s a family man, a sports guy, a car enthusiast, and a businessman. Throw in some apple pie and that’s what America is all about. I will make a point of buying my next Porsche from him.

Whale. I don’t know you. You seem educated and articulate. You may even have a point or two. But I don’t know you. All I really know is that you seem to enjoying sniping at C.J. from the cover of the internet. You should, more accurately, call yourself Chicago Sniper.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:49 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Seems like all the guy wants to do is rock the apple cart. He seems to have a lot of information but not sure why he has such a hostile tone and is so defensive of stealers.
i think his point is "pot calling the kettle black", and folks giving certain dealers a "pass" when they really have zero clue to their actual business practices (or privvy to their books) other than 1) a denominator of 1 (the business supporter, cuz they got a good deal) or 2) they are a swell guy in person or the internet.

there are plenty of people here that are defensive of stealers, citing the 'ole capitalism rationale.

i'm clearly biased, because i wished allocations were plentiful and msrp could be had. but that's not reality at the moment.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
If that is truly his point, then his argument holds no water. A dealer playing games on a new car, using a customer's name unknown to them to spec an allocation, is a shenanigan. A dealer actively trading cars on the secondary market, totally above board and transparently, is an entirely different thing. It's normal business for any dealer that trades in used vehicles, regardless of whether it's a GT car or a 4 cylinder Macan. If CW is arguing that what CJ is doing in the secondary market is shady, that's pure nonsense. I was understanding that CW was contending that CJ was misrepresenting something that transpired with regard to a dealer and a new GT car from Porsche. I have a hard time following what CW is saying because his tone is so nasty and sarcastic.
Originally Posted by chillindrdude
i think his point is "pot calling the kettle black", and folks giving certain dealers a "pass" when they really have zero clue to their actual business practices (or privvy to their books) other than 1) a denominator of 1 (the business supporter, cuz they got a good deal) or 2) they are a swell guy in person or the internet.

there are plenty of people here that are defensive of stealers, citing the 'ole capitalism rationale.

i'm clearly biased, because i wished allocations were plentiful and msrp could be had. but that's not reality at the moment.
Archimedes, again, you’re arguing against the wrong point. Chillindrdude summed it up nicely. Enough said.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I will say this- there is nothing uncommon for Dealerships to buy sought after cars from other Dealers with ADMs to sell on their own floor. This has been going on for a long time. I have seen non-Porsche Dealerships buying cars from Porsche Dealers to sell themselves.
for sure happens
Old 02-08-2018, 06:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude

Hey look, it's good to have opposing viewpoints to have a good discussion but maybe it's his tone and hostile nature what is not welcome. First it was going after me and PNH and now it's going after CJ and Whoopsy. I know CJ personally (as well has having bought cars from him) so I can vouch that he's one of the most straight shooters out there and always calls it as is.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:19 PM
grscha
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey look, it's good to have opposing viewpoints to have a good discussion but maybe it's his tone and hostile nature what is not welcome. First it was going after me and PNH and now it's going after CJ and Whoopsy....
Mooty is next.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I would rather talk about values than CW. --"NO-NOT ANOTHER VALUE THREAD'"

Lets move on
Old 02-08-2018, 08:16 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

These are private businesses and the USA is free enterprise.....but they way some make it sound like its sneaky illegal sideways transactions...it’s like The Car Mafia!! LOL
Old 02-08-2018, 08:32 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

This talk reminds me a lot about my profession. One golden rule I have learned over the years is not to belittle or talk **** about other docs in your field. Lots still do in front of patients thinking they may win a procedure or two (not limited, but happens usually in cosmetics, which I don’t do). This type of behavior never commands respect in the minds of friends, colleagues, clients, or patients.

PS: people who do good and are confident, never resort to such actions. Let actions speak for themselves.

Last edited by gago1101; 02-08-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:34 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

With that history, you should be able to get one at a very modest ADM. I understand the principle, but if you compare depreciation across brands, paying some ADM the Porsche is still cheaper on a cost to own than a lambo/Ferrari/McClaren.
I know you’d think I could get a car....but...there are major spender/players in the Tampa area that have bought way more Porsche’s than I in fewer years. These guys are high profile people in the area....me naw I’m a nothing to these dealers. I had Boxsters Cayenne and 2 Panameras for the wife and the Carrera S cars and 2 GTS cars were for me but these guys in Tampa are buying Turbo 911’s every year, Turbo Cayenne’s and Turbo Panameras like crazy...guy even bought the maid a Cayenne! These guys will buy a GT3 or RS for way over ADM no issue like every year.

So you see I have zero chance of ever being able to buy a new GT3 ordered how I’d like it. Can’t even get the offer to get on the list with Reeves, Bert Smith or Suncoast Porsche. I bought the last 2 Porsche’s ..Panameras S and my new GTS from Champion because local dealers didn’t have models we wanted and Champion won’t put me on the list....LOL. It’s actually funny when I think about it....but there are other car brands I’m considering.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

I know you’d think I could get a car....but...there are major spender/players in the Tampa area that have bought way more Porsche’s than I in fewer years. These guys are high profile people in the area....me naw I’m a nothing to these dealers. I had Boxsters Cayenne and 2 Panameras for the wife and the Carrera S cars and 2 GTS cars were for me but these guys in Tampa are buying Turbo 911’s every year, Turbo Cayenne’s and Turbo Panameras like crazy...guy even bought the maid a Cayenne! These guys will buy a GT3 or RS for way over ADM no issue like every year.

So you see I have zero chance of ever being able to buy a new GT3 ordered how I’d like it. Can’t even get the offer to get on the list with Reeves, Bert Smith or Suncoast Porsche. I bought the last 2 Porsche’s ..Panameras S and my new GTS from Champion because local dealers didn’t have models we wanted and Champion won’t put me on the list....LOL. It’s actually funny when I think about it....but there are other car brands I’m considering.
Hang in there, I know you want a GT3 and you can finally get one with a PDK so you enjoy it. Another 10% drop in the MKT and it might just happen.

Peter
Old 02-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

...guy even bought the maid a Cayenne!
That's a ballsy move.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

CW just can't help keep digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole. First he goes after me then PNH and now he's at it with CJ and Whoosy, geezzz. Quit while you are behind CW.
I so wanted to block him and not see his posts but at times reading what he posted are so entertaining. I can't help myself

You guys know me, I have no filter here. If someone took offence to what I had written then so be it. I know where I stand and I cannot and will not influence others, they can make their own opinions about me, they all have brains to decide for themselves, but more often than not, they will find out I am standing on solid ground. If I have the time, I will exercise my brain to type replies. Think the last guy who tried was Lieven/Mycroft, we all know what happened to him. Crawled back to his little hole somewhere.

But whoops, I think I just offended someone again

Guess that's why I am called whoopsy!
Old 02-08-2018, 09:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy

But whoops, I think I just offended someone again

Guess that's why I am called whoopsy!

Funny ...

Old 02-08-2018, 10:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I know you’d think I could get a car....but...there are major spender/players in the Tampa area

crazy...guy even bought the maid a Cayenne!

well ...... surprised?

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM