Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 10:53 PM
SHRMN8TR
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
it’s not far from me and I’ve been there many times...also know the owner of CF, Niel.
shoot me a private message and I’ll give you my phone number so we can talk. I’m usually near there on sundays so I could take a look at it this Sunday.
Thanks Lorenzoh, looks like my posts are too low to DM. Do you have an email I can reach out and thanks for offering to take a quick look. GoatFarmer, much appreciate the online searching!
Old 08-26-2019, 10:48 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...911-carrera-2/

As a seller, if you are a dealer, does PcarMarket & BaT require that you remove a car from your website inventory while it is up on their auctions?

I could not find the car here: https://asgmiami.com/vehicles
Old 08-26-2019, 10:55 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...911-carrera-2/

As a seller, if you are a dealer, does PcarMarket & BaT require that you remove a car from your website inventory while it is up on their auctions?

I could not find the car here: https://asgmiami.com/vehicles

Answer to that is yes. ASG is local to me and I know a few of their sales reps are also car enthusiasts.

If car goes RNM on BAT I’m sure you can make a deal with them of interested. PM me and happy to give you their cell numbers.

Good luck.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:52 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 246 Posts

Save your cash as a recession is looming according to the economic experts there might be some great scores ahead if you have the liquid.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:30 AM
TCallahan
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt
GL shopping is fun but can be frustrating. Very few of these cars are as represented Finding a truly clean example is tougher than most realize. One out of every 40 or so I look at are nice and usually are asking top dollar. I have to say the rear welds at the lower sides of the engine compartment don't look factory to me so possible it has had panels replaced leading to the sunroof drain plugs being painted.
Ya its becoming a daunting task finding a clean, 'no stories' car... these places in FL, NY, TX and oddly lots in CA are the biggest liars i've ever come across. They'll tell you anything to get a deposit out of you and then once I finally see the car, even with my limited knowledge, its clearly a POS.
I did just find this place near philadelphia that has some really nice 964's but a lot of them aren't for sale, seems more like a collection that and every once and a while they'll list a car. The guy was buying a new race car and moving some of his street cars or something like that, i wasn't really paying attention. This is what my wife told me since I was more looking at the cars. They do have one that im seriously considering that is available. There was another place that had three of them and my god were those things beat... couldn't even test drive a car either. At least the 1st place let us drive a few cars even if they weren't for sale. Not sure how one is supposed to evaluate a car with out driving it?! Anyway, We're back in Canada for a few weeks and the options up here aren't great. How are the Carrea 4 cars in bad weather? We know its all about the tires but the added help of all wheel drive seems like it would be nice to have... I guess Im more asking, how reliable are the AWD systems? It would only see bad weather a handful of times if at all but nice knowing I'd have to option to use it if needed. Once we get this place closed up for the winter season and head south again the hunt will continue. Thank you all for your replies. It is extremely helpful and I'll be keep an eye on this thread!
Old 08-28-2019, 11:33 AM
TCallahan
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
Save your cash as a recession is looming according to the economic experts there might be some great scores ahead if you have the liquid.
For whatever its worth anytime I've seen a recession hit a lot of my customers (ex-finace turned high end guitar collector/dealer) pull their $ out of the markets and into collectibles, which in the past has drive the price of vintage guitars way up. Maybe its not an exact parallel with the cars but in my mind i don't see much difference since they're all roughly in the same $ range.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:49 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatFarmer
For some reason this has been listed for sale on cargurus for 519 days. Ad says automatic there, but clearly it looks like a stick from the pictures. I'd want to look at this one carefully considering it has been for sale for such a long time.
That's actually how I scored the first 993 I was hunting. Needed a very specific spec and looked for over a year. It was at a Lexus dealer listed as auto, pics showed it was a 6mt. Boom.
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 11:56 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by TCallahan
...Anyway, We're back in Canada for a few weeks and the options up here aren't great. How are the Carrea 4 cars in bad weather? We know its all about the tires but the added help of all wheel drive seems like it would be nice to have... I guess Im more asking, how reliable are the AWD systems? It would only see bad weather a handful of times if at all but nice knowing I'd have to option to use it if needed. Once we get this place closed up for the winter season and head south again the hunt will continue. Thank you all for your replies. It is extremely helpful and I'll be keep an eye on this thread!
Many C4 owners report that they are as fun to drive as C2, if not more so, since the car understeers more and is less tail happy. At lower speeds, most people probably couldn't tell if they were in a C2 or C4 (which is awesome and shows you how good the system is). Given the conditions you live in, it might actually be the best choice... This forum is fun of lot of good threads extolling the virtues of the C4, here's a start: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ctibility.html

Good luck, I feel for you, it's definitely hard to find a good car these days.

Do you like white, Holt has had this car for awhile now, looks nicely set up: https://www.holtmotorsports.com/inve...-Coupe-/451620
(No affiliation)
Old 08-28-2019, 12:08 PM
LAcarguy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/28/the-...ion-ahead.html

As usual, the super rich get the memo first.
In our little world, the last 5 964s on BAT failed to break $50k yet still sold. Not commenting on condition merely relating the facts, but were they all needy dogs?
Old 08-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Lots of speculation what happens to lux goods in the next recession. sometimes they get smashed, sometimes "investment grade" pieces continue to rise. Watches, Guitars, cars, etc all seem to operate independent of the rest of the markets. I've been buying all 3 - oh well. but because I like them more than I do a piece of paper with a balance on it. I figure that when the next recession hits, my money in investments will take a hit, and so will my "collectibles". At least I get to enjoy the collectibles in the mean time...
Old 08-28-2019, 02:07 PM
TCallahan
Track Day

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Many C4 owners report that they are as fun to drive as C2, if not more so, since the car understeers more and is less tail happy. At lower speeds, most people probably couldn't tell if they were in a C2 or C4 (which is awesome and shows you how good the system is). Given the conditions you live in, it might actually be the best choice... This forum is fun of lot of good threads extolling the virtues of the C4, here's a start: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ctibility.html

Good luck, I feel for you, it's definitely hard to find a good car these days.

Do you like white, Holt has had this car for awhile now, looks nicely set up: https://www.holtmotorsports.com/inve...-Coupe-/451620
(No affiliation)

ha! That actually the car we're leaning towards Between the wheels and everything else it has installed it is exactly what we'd be doing anyway which by my calculation is about $10K usd in upgrades & it was actually original paint unlike the previous 10-15 964 cars we've looked at. Wasn't sure if using names was ok if they might not be a forum supporter. They also had a blue one there that is breath taking but it does not have the nicer wheels and some more miles. Anyway the owners kid took us out and then let us drive a C2 and the white C4 and you're right, I could not tell the difference. Oddly the heavier Carrera 4 seemed somewhat quicker though I believe they said it had a '911 chip' in the ecu? Still need to figure out what that is. I guess it is the same as a turbo 'flash' but don't know why they called it a 911 chip since clearly, its a 911. English is not my first language maybe I misunderstood the message
Maybe on the track the difference in drive systems would be noticeable but thats what we have the turbo and, hopefully soon to be gt3 for & this would just be a fun weekend car that we would take with us to florida for the winter times.

and yes collectibles are purely speculative but i have always done well despite the short term ups and down even if significant. If its a more lengthily hold I personally haven't gotten hurting usually come out ontop When I try for the quick turn around that is when things get messy sometimes at least in something i am not well versed in. so any car we buy would be more long term so we want the best example we can find regardless of price. price hunting these cars is no good as I seen first hand

thanks again!
Old 08-28-2019, 03:15 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by TCallahan
ha! That actually the car we're leaning towards Between the wheels and everything else it has installed it is exactly what we'd be doing anyway...
What a lucky guess. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any 964 from Holt. They have a great reputation on this form.

Oddly the heavier Carrera 4 seemed somewhat quicker though I believe they said it had a '911 chip' in the ecu? Still need to figure out what that is. I guess it is the same as a turbo 'flash' but don't know why they called it a 911 chip since clearly, its a 911. English is not my first language maybe I misunderstood the message
911Chips, that's a Steve Wong product. Many of us have his chip (smoother idle, stronger sub 4,000 RPM, optimized for various octane levels, etc)
http://www.911chips.com/

Old 09-02-2019, 11:47 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

A C4 with the appropriate set up can outperform a C2. Same viceversa. Lately I've seen more C4s offered for sale in much better condition than C2s. If you like the car IMHO unsolicited just buy it. Get to know it and then you can judge for yourself. I own both 4/2s on another 911 variant and would take the 4 any day of the week over the 2, same for my 964. Good luck.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:00 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

https://www.pcarmarket.com/

couple hours left on this one, not sure who the seller is in Miami but it’s not RMC.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

This caught my attention over coffee this morning....

https://kassermg.com/listings/1994-p...911-carrera-2/

I’m liking the Amazon Green color more and more.

Does anyone have any history or “issues” with this C2?

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale