Originally Posted by Rephlex
Maximum respect and full OCD points awarded
Agreed
Old 05-01-2014, 04:40 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by too old for this
Apologies for blocking your fantastic thread,but here are a couple more pics as requested by Fuchs(the offer of the space was genuine by the way)
Not at all!, thats a beautifully finished car, thanks for sharing and for your very kind offer. I think for now I'll keep to my current profession but have (possibly romanced?) about the idea of maybe one day starting something like this once we decide to move out of London and get somewhere with a small workshop on the side. Strictly low volume one-in-one-out. Any hooo back to the day job....
Old 05-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Jcx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by too old for this
the unicycle.....for years the war dept would say what do you want for your birthday,reply....Go Ped, nothing,then the unicycle accompanied with "that is the nearest you are getting to a goped" They are not easy, much smashed ankles and a*se bones in order to manage a few measly feet.It is now an ornament.
The beetle is now gone and replaced with the C4,tbh I am still missing the bug, it was properly quick.
Apologies for blocking your fantastic thread,but here are a couple more pics as requested by Fuchs(the offer of the space was genuine by the way)

OMG Gorgeous car!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

OOh mancave of the year award beckons, you have to admire a man with low level lighting and polished jack stands
I just need to remove the table tennis table,kids bikes,lawnmower,BBq,badminton set,cuddly toy etc etc etc
Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I love what you did with the interior. So clean!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 AM
too old for this
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GazC2
OOh mancave of the year award beckons, you have to admire a man with low level lighting and polished jack stands
I just need to remove the table tennis table,kids bikes,lawnmower,BBq,badminton set,cuddly toy etc etc etc
You forgot log store!!
I cleaned up a bit for that photo! Thanks for all the compliments chaps,I really miss the oval and have yet to really use the 64 as it has a few issues which I am working through and formulating some plans down a bit of a singer inspired route for the interior.Can't wait to see your car in the flesh Rbt964 ... it is inspirational.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

the unicycle.....for years the war dept would say what do you want for your birthday,reply....Go Ped, nothing,then the unicycle accompanied with "that is the nearest you are getting to a goped" They are not easy, much smashed ankles and a*se bones in order to manage a few measly feet.It is now an ornament.
The beetle is now gone and replaced with the C4,tbh I am still missing the bug, it was properly quick.
I would miss that Bug too, in fact I would never get over it

Simply stunning in every respect and the perfect garage to keep it in, Ive been in dirtier hospitals

Rob,

Keep up the fantastic work

Cheers,
Paul
Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks TOFT....epic bug & man cave....my master plan is to get back in a bug soon as I miss my 65 big time...

Rob how was the drive home from mine in the dark with the 964 candles
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

It was certainly different Drove back to M40 at a sedate pace anyway because of the wet roads. The motorway however was dry and empty so I get to stretch the legs
Old 05-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Tokyo Joe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Learned more about my own car and what holds it together down to literally, the "nuts and the bolts", following your rebuild thread.

You have a gift.

Thank you for sharing.

TJ
Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

I did the first long 300mile run with the car last weekend and it went like a dream - a really good blasting The next day I put it up on the stands with all the wheels off to check brake, clutch & fuel lines and generally give everything a good eyeball. Happy to report no leaks and a bone dry engine too. Tracked down one or two minor rattles from under the dash where things have been disturbed, and with help from Mark recon we've identified the cause/source of the wind noise (+60mph) from the frame around the lower front corners of the door quarter glass. I've goo'ed it up with the stuff you gave me and will retest later in the week.

A few more tins of the spray trim adhesive have turned up so I can get crackin and finish the headliner now.

Despite completion of the main build, the mods and tweeks will continue Once I've sorted the caster issue (see geo thread) the next mod will be the carbon oil cooler tray and its ducting. This will continue the theme of eliminating any metal in the wheel arches / under the car.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:27 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robt964

The lions share of the time was spent sorting out the loom. My car doesn't have AC, rear defroster, rear blower, rear wiper, sunroof, stereo or the big electric seats. What I wanted to do is remove all this from the loom. I'm not talking about just snipping off the connectors and taping the end, I mean total removal. From device, to switch, to fuse box. To help with this I printed the wiring docs on A3 and laminated them. This proved a worthy exercise since you need constant referral to many sheets at the same time.

With that job now done, my loom is HALF the size it was and I no longer have the engine bay fuse box More pictures to follow.
Rob, I'm in the midst of the same thing right now. Did you pull the main passenger compartment loom from the car to unwrap/rewrap it? Or were you able to pull the wires from the loom with it still in the car?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:42 PM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

I pretty much unwrapped the entire loom with the exception of the engine bay and did it all in situ. With a bit of careful manipulation I was able to tease the redundant wires from the engine bay section with minimal unwrapping (just the taped ends where they exit the vinyl tube covering of the loom as I didn't want to slice into this)
To be honest tho it doesn't matter how much you pick apart. Buy some proper non-adhesive loom tape and rewrap the sections you've opened. You then only need to use a small bit of adhesive tape at the end. It gives the loom a nice neat professional finish.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 PM
J81 JKR
Pro

Originally Posted by robt964
recon we've identified the cause/source of the wind noise (+60mph) from the frame around the lower front corners of the door quarter glass. I've goo'ed it up with the stuff you gave me and will retest later in the week.
My next job that I've literally been putting off for years - noise is just on my passenger side at same speed.

Quick Reply: 964 Refurb