Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 01:06 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

These guys have a very nice Rubystone Targa on their social media links which I do not have currently. Also some other 964s on their website: https://davidsportscars.de/fahrzeugangebote/

The Rubystone is not on their website yet. It is on their IG.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:09 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Agreed at least at the mileage shown.
my comment was mileage specific. that price would have to be sub-10k mileage and even then...
Old 06-09-2021, 01:44 PM
JeremyAnderson
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $57,250
purchase date: 06/03/21
mileage: 119,000
state or country where purchased: France
Model year: 1989
C2 or C4: C4
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: Forrest Green Metallic
tip or manual: manual
NA or turbo: n/a
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.): Stock down to the original steering wheel. The stereo receiver is a 90's Pioneer and the car has the remnants of a 90's cell phone.
did the vehicle come with tool kit: complete
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 All original
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 The paint is all original and there is no rust so I think a proper detail will bring this up to an 8.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10+ This car came with $39,800 worth of receipts of work completed in the LAST 5 years/ 20,000 km
The following 2 users liked this post by JeremyAnderson:
9SIX4-C4 (06-13-2021), JAB12 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 02:50 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JeremyAnderson
purchase price (in USD please): $57,250
purchase date: 06/03/21
mileage: 119,000
state or country where purchased: France
Model year: 1989
it's so odd how $57k now seems like such a reasonable price for a 964. doesn't take long for the mind to adjust.
The following 2 users liked this post by rsabeebe:
9SIX4-C4 (06-13-2021), JeremyAnderson (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 05:52 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
my comment was mileage specific. that price would have to be sub-10k mileage and even then...
I would say that price is closer to 16-20k miles these days but you never know. A sub 10k mile car assuming it is a super clean original condition will fetch more. With less than 1000 in the US remaining, last of the old style targa and many tips or C4's these have been on a steady rise lately.

It looks decent but still needs a PPI.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:03 PM
JeremyAnderson
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

it's so odd how $57k now seems like such a reasonable price for a 964. doesn't take long for the mind to adjust.
I agree 100%. We have similar taste in cars, lot's of overlap in your M series and Mercedes cars of the past. We have a similar list, and I'm from Texas. Thanks for making me feel better about the purchase
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (06-13-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 08:03 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JeremyAnderson
I agree 100%. We have similar taste in cars, lot's of overlap in your M series and Mercedes cars of the past. We have a similar list, and I'm from Texas. Thanks for making me feel better about the purchase
very cool. when i buy something, i'm usually targeting a very specific model at that time. no telling what prompted it, but they're usually low production or special for one reason or another. i can be happy knowing that i have not led a boring car life - maybe nothing grand or super expensive, but almost everyone was specifically sought out.

where in TX are you?
based on price and what you rated it in condition, i think you did well for yourself on your 964. now, we need pics!
9SIX4-C4 (06-13-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 06:16 PM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,765 Likes on 1,750 Posts

Looked at 964 cabs in autotrader today.

The std asking price seems to be $59k.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:25 PM
palmxp3
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
Sorry, needs a full respray, not blemishes; self admittedly the paint job was poor. Philly car so all nuts frozen, front seats recovered (60k miles: why), underside looks "wet" but cleaned for sale; nice car sure but $100k??!!??
I was going to hold my tongue but that would not have been fair to the buyer. You comments are stated as facts but they are merely your opinion and not true at all. It's not hard to see why this car fetched what it did unless you've been living under a rock. They say buy the seller and not the car. I wonder how a "misterbeveryhills" with the wrong wheels on his 964 would fair...

Furthermore, I don't understand this mentality by current owners. If a new benchmark price was hit, current owners should be ecstatic as their cars continue to increase in price and demand. Only those who do not own one and continue sitting on the fence should be upset. Strange way of thinking indeed.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:45 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

i agree about being fair to the new owner (assuming they're on rennlist), but they have to be comfortable with the price they paid no matter what gets said here. i will also say that many of us have been watching the market extremely closely on a near daily basis and see certain aspects of a car that do or do not warrant prices that are being paid. with limited quantities out there, buyers have to be ready to move and move fast. an auction also brings in the dynamic of multiple bidders who are willing to pay a certain figure for the car. if the buyer paid 'x', there was also a bidder who did not win who was willing to pay 'x' minus a minimal amount. i think the comments were mainly inquisitive and not intended to slight the car nor the buyer.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:37 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by palmxp3
I was going to hold my tongue but that would not have been fair to the buyer. You comments are stated as facts but they are merely your opinion and not true at all. It's not hard to see why this car fetched what it did unless you've been living under a rock. They say buy the seller and not the car. I wonder how a "misterbeveryhills" with the wrong wheels on his 964 would fair...

Furthermore, I don't understand this mentality by current owners. If a new benchmark price was hit, current owners should be ecstatic as their cars continue to increase in price and demand. Only those who do not own one and continue sitting on the fence should be upset. Strange way of thinking indeed.
No offence taken but bear in mind, you can take the boy out of the rust belt, but you can't take the rust belt out of the boy. I can change my wheels every day, but you can't have the factory paint your car again for the 3rd time.

Happy for you; I wonder what a Cobalt on Cobalt leather CA car with a new motor is worth, it is all moot until you are a seller; like Amazon was up again today. So what?
Old 06-13-2021, 12:52 AM
palmxp3
Advanced

i agree about being fair to the new owner (assuming they're on rennlist), but they have to be comfortable with the price they paid no matter what gets said here. i will also say that many of us have been watching the market extremely closely on a near daily basis and see certain aspects of a car that do or do not warrant prices that are being paid. with limited quantities out there, buyers have to be ready to move and move fast. an auction also brings in the dynamic of multiple bidders who are willing to pay a certain figure for the car. if the buyer paid 'x', there was also a bidder who did not win who was willing to pay 'x' minus a minimal amount. i think the comments were mainly inquisitive and not intended to slight the car nor the buyer.
Those comments sure didn't sound inquisitive, more matter of fact. Buyer picked up the car on Friday and drove it 492 miles home. In his own words "Thanks for a great transaction. The car is incredible." so I'm quite sure he was happy and comfortable with the price paid. I'm aware of the auction process and that is why I went the BaT route. If you have a car that is desirable and in high demand, it's the way to go and I highly recommend it. I had a very good experience overall.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:01 AM
palmxp3
Advanced

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
No offence taken but bear in mind, you can take the boy out of the rust belt, but you can't take the rust belt out of the boy. I can change my wheels every day, but you can't have the factory paint your car again for the 3rd time.

Happy for you; I wonder what a Cobalt on Cobalt leather CA car with a new motor is worth, it is all moot until you are a seller; like Amazon was up again today. So what?
Guess you can't take the pompous out of Beverly Hills either. That's great that you feel you have the nicer car. Good for you, you should be happy because this sale helped raise your own car's value. I hope you get all the money if you ever put it up for sale. That would mean all 964s have appreciated and owners of 964s should rejoicing, not the other way around. Good luck to you.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:42 AM
Bigsix964
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I for one don’t particularly enjoy seeing the values continue to skyrocket the way they are. I like to hear my tires squeal, not my insurance provider. These things are there to drive (the pants off of).
hobbles (07-18-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 09:10 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

????

I am actually quite upset that values have gone where they are. I don't plan to sell so it doesn't help me. I own 4 964's currently and enough parts to build another. Rising values IMO has killed the enthusiast and taken a lot of the fun out of what was once a huge part of the 911 culture. The enthusiast is a dying bread. The modern Air cooled buyer I see lately has never driven an a/c 911 before. The rear engine, floor pedal configuration always seems to impress the uninitiated. I enjoy every aspect of these cars and driving them is just a portion of what makes them great.

As I see it. The rising market has done me no good for some of my cars. It has cost me more for agreed value insurance, priced used parts into the stratosphere and make me paranoid about leaving my cars anyplace as the original paint scratched is more costly than it being totaled. If I am cruising on the highway there is always someone in a **** Box with their bumpers falling off flying by me in the right hand lane at some unsafe speed so he can say he passed a Porsche. I don't dare stop at a store, or I will have people harass me saying I want to buy how much? Which Model is this????.

The only real topics these days other than what oil or tires to buy is market values. Honestly .

I said the same thing when I saw the selling price. I have no doubt the car is a nice driver but it has obvious issues and this is typical BaT insanity. That was what I call a car well sold. It has some pros but as I see it more cons at that price. Now I have to go contact my Insurance provider and up my agreed values.

The following 3 users liked this post by cobalt:
Bearclaw (08-15-2021), bweSteve (06-14-2021), ljmartyre (09-19-2021)

Quick Reply: 964 Prices