Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 924/944 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 AM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
id take a look through your system again, the stock muffler sounds exponentially better than any aftermarket sound i have heard yet...everything aftermarket is too farty or raspy or hondatacular...
Will take another look, getting a fart can sound at certain throttle settings.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
*bj*
Instructor

How do straight pipes go? Any experiences/vids?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This past weekend saw me overhaul the interior... old beige carpet, and seats with torn seams are GONE! Black carpet and 8 way power leather goodness is where its at!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Mr.Rodgers
Instructor

Came home to a nice package of parts from Paragon.

968 Handles and Mirrors as well as some heat shield/sound deadening for around the shifter.

Hopefully this will get rid of the 'Bathroom Hand Dryer' effect that I have now with hot air blowing up around the shifter

I was somewhat surprised that the mirrors or handles didn't come with any instructions. I am well aware that there are many(albeit some outdated)threads on installs for both, but I just remember that my Euro Fog Lights from Paragon definitely came with some pretty good instructions.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mr.Rodgers
Came home to a nice package of parts from Paragon.

968 Handles and Mirrors as well as some heat shield/sound deadening for around the shifter.

Hopefully this will get rid of the 'Bathroom Hand Dryer' effect that I have now with hot air blowing up around the shifter

I was somewhat surprised that the mirrors or handles didn't come with any instructions. I am well aware that there are many(albeit some outdated)threads on installs for both, but I just remember that my Euro Fog Lights from Paragon definitely came with some pretty good instructions.
Please tell me you didn't install the euro fogs per the instructions wired into the factory headlight harness?

AND FWIW, I am VERY happy with the sounds of my Dansk catback on my 944...
Old 04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by *bj*
How do straight pipes go? Any experiences/vids?

I had a bursh header with test pipe and stock muffler. Hated the raspy sound, and annoying drone at speed. Sounded cool "rowing" through the gears, but was no fun for cruising around/long distance driving.

I put the cat back on. I may go with a performance cat in the future and slightly
larger diameter cat back system in stainless steel.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Mr.Rodgers
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Please tell me you didn't install the euro fogs per the instructions wired into the factory headlight harness?
If you mean wire the normal fog like as usual and then the new light to the existing high beams, then yes...

I'm guessing theres a better way. Please enlighten...
Old 04-21-2011, 04:12 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mr.Rodgers
If you mean wire the normal fog like as usual and then the new light to the existing high beams, then yes...

I'm guessing theres a better way. Please enlighten...
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ownership.html

remote trigger a relay, to switch power directly to the Euro light, wire it into the factory fog switch, and you can run fogs and euro spots while the headlights are turned off, and flash everything for passing, switching the euro switch to the on position while the lights are off will prevent them from flashing for passing!

I have repeated this install a couple of times, and it works like a charm without making a single change to the factory harness!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Mr.Rodgers
Instructor

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ownership.html

remote trigger a relay, to switch power directly to the Euro light, wire it into the factory fog switch, and you can run fogs and euro spots while the headlights are turned off, and flash everything for passing, switching the euro switch to the on position while the lights are off will prevent them from flashing for passing!

I have repeated this install a couple of times, and it works like a charm without making a single change to the factory harness!
Looks far superior to what I have. I actually thought about putting them on their own switch, but ended up taking the easy route. Did you ever have this for sale as a kit? I couldn't tell from the thread
Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dropped the front suspension on the parts car to prep it for my black 951.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:36 AM
MacinTek
Racer

Took the Cams and tensioner out to replace the carrier pads as a precaution. Damn good thing, too... both were shot, one was actually broken! Looks like I dodged a bullet this time!

Now, Can someone confirm that the cams appear indexed correctly for TDC?

The last image shows the pointers cast into the shafts pointing toward the blue links, as they should.

Last edited by MacinTek; 06-17-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Installed a Texas Performance splitter. Not as easy as it looked. Getting all of the screws lined up and screwed down was a major PITA. You cant really see what you are doing nor can you reach in and if the screws fall your done.

Looks GREAT although with the splitter and the Weltmeister springs it is super low and scrapes on driveways and speed bumps.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Fintro11
Pro

FML i heard loud sounds while driving took it home jacket it up saw that the power steering pump belt adjuster had sheared off so i thought that was the cause but nope

turns out that the cam gear you know the nut that is in the centre were the rotor sits on that came lose >.< i think the oil leak i have could be coming from the seal there 2 but i don;t really see how as i changed it when i had the head done >.< ugh i have a love hate relation ship with my car right now haha
Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Robin W.
Instructor

'83 944
Finally looked into the fuel smell in the cabin, the cover over the fuel filler neck was not even close to sealed, someone was in there and did a **** poor job sealing it back up again. The overflow line that runs out the bottom of the right pocket was sitting in the pocket, so instead of going out the grommet and on the ground it would run in to the cabin to evaporate and smell. Two problems fixed, no more smell. Also fixed some squeaks and rattles that were getting on my nerves, car is quite quiet and pleasant to drive now. Fixed a slow leak in one of the summer tires, someone did a **** poor job mounting the tires on the wheels. There was a plastic "sticker" of some sort right where the tire forms a seal with the rim, deflated the tire and used some special adhesive remover and got the sticker out of there, tire holds air now!!

'86 944
Installed the electric motor and was finally able to move the car in and out of the garage under electric power.

Does anyone have a good electrical diagram for an '86 944 NA? My hanes manual is pathetic, my focus right now is how to feed signals into the wiring harness on how to run my gauges, tach, temp etc.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

This past weekend saw me overhaul the interior... old beige carpet, and seats with torn seams are GONE! Black carpet and 8 way power leather goodness is where its at!

This picture definitely isn't working for me!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 924/944 today