Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 924/944 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
mikemyers924s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n_hall

not mine, might be on rennlist though. can't remember.

what you did reminds me of that.

wow that's awesome. Subtle and sharp. I really dig it.

Casey if you don't mind me asking, what did those seats run you? It looks a little deep for me, but I bet it would look great with a black interior.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The seats are ~270/ea and the side mounts were ~40/ea. I am going to try making adaptors.

The seats are very deep and narrow. If you are over 200lbs they would probably be pretty tight.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Robin W.
Replaced the front struts, what a difference!! Even my fiancée who isn't a big "car" person said it didn't feel like the same car, the steering and handling were completely transformed, 1000x better. Now to get rid of some damn squeaks and rattles.

PS. thanks to the thread about replacing the struts without a coil spring compressor, undo the nut, jack up the car and replace, couldn't have been easier.
Robin, my new shocks came in the mail the other day. For the strut inserts, did you undo the nut on the top first, then jack the car up so that the tires were hanging down and there was no weight on the springs? Then just pull the spring out? I've read about this procedure but kind of confused about it.

I'm going to attempt them tomorrow.

I got the new porsche crest horn button for my MOMO wheel. I put that on, looks a lot better. I also bought a 1" spacer but the screws are in there so tight I stripped the heads and even my easy outs wouldn't work. At least I know the wheel won't fall off anytime soon.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hollywood D
I got the new porsche crest horn button for my MOMO wheel. I put that on, looks a lot better. I also bought a 1" spacer but the screws are in there so tight I stripped the heads and even my easy outs wouldn't work. At least I know the wheel won't fall off anytime soon.
i had the same issue with my 993RS wheel! crappy hex screws...
Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Robin, my new shocks came in the mail the other day. For the strut inserts, did you undo the nut on the top first, then jack the car up so that the tires were hanging down and there was no weight on the springs? Then just pull the spring out? I've read about this procedure but kind of confused about it.

I did exactly that and it went smoothly. Helps to have a second person around for reassembly since you have to line up the upper strut bolt into the hole in the strut top mount as you lower the car and its a bit awkward alone.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Robin W.
Instructor

That's all there is to it, I did it on my '83 and I just removed the top nut with an impact wrench, then slowly raised the car and when the tire came off the floor all the spring pressure was released. Pull it out, swap the strut cartridge, put it back in top first, then align the bottom and use a pry bar to lift the assembly slightly to slide the bolts back in. Once I had things bolted back up the strut was already sticking up through the hole enough to get a couple of turns of the nut on before lowering the car. I'm not sure if that's normal but I didn't have to line the strut up with the hole while lowering so for me it was a one man job and quite quick. Much easier and safer than playing with a spring compressor.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Cool, thanks
Old 04-10-2011, 03:50 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turned these:

Into these:
Old 04-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Robin W.
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Turned these:

Into these:
Did you dye, paint or recover them? Looks great, I have to do something with mine, they are horrible.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

removed my cluster, desoldered a resistor on it and soldered a new one on to make my tach work. It reads a little high still, even after trimming the potentiometer all the way down, but it's good enough for me!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

I drove it to the gas station to put air in the tires so I can drive it to work tomorrow. Wanted to get the shocks on but didn't have time.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Excelerate
Instructor

Scoped out the possibility of removing the shifter linkage for drilling without having to drop the tranny (got nowhere) and finally reset my airbag light. Turns out that Clarks has incorrect instructions for the test rig procedure, but using a test rig and following the order listed for the alligator clip method I got it working on the first try.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Fintro11
Pro

was leaning on my centre console to reach a box in the back >.< ended up snapping it of the hinge fml
Old 04-10-2011, 11:58 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Robin W.
Did you dye, paint or recover them? Looks great, I have to do something with mine, they are horrible.
Leatherique full boat of products.. VERY easy to use, but not lacking in the labor department.. take your time, and you can easily restore the seats to like new condition!

If color matching to the existing color, MUCH easier than a color swap, however for non-stocked colors, they CAN match, but you need to send them a 1 inch square for them to match to!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 AM
pettybird
Burning Brakes

washed both 44's. the '87 was 10 shades dark because of the winter weather and the '89 had been sitting in the garage since November.

I'm very, very happy to have my 951 back!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 924/944 today