Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

OEM Navigation Retrofit DIY

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 03:28 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
I'd be happy to try and email you the zip file for the maps, if you PM me an email address. I don't know if it will go through but worth a shot.

The only way I could get the map zip file to download this week is to use the mega.nz link that you'll find in the text file on the MIB website, and mega.nz pauses the free downloads after 4 GB's and you have to leave the browser window open (and at least for me) and go back after the count down clock expires and hit resume again. It takes 3 cycles to complete. Mine finished over night.

And don't be stunned if the mega.nz site initially says 55 hours which it did for me initially then sped up to about 4 hours between resume attempts.

Wish I had a server to host those files for free. I may be an outlaw but it seems to me that a host (who I'll guess had nothing to do with the AIO work) shouldn't be trying to profit from somebody else's work. And FWIW, I gladly paid 718Socal for helping me with remote PIWIS coding of my 22 BGTS because he spent his actual time doing work. I'll get down off my soap box now.
Paul thank you for helping out. I think that Mega was used because it has a Free 20 GB cloud storage. The Free account has its limitation (see picture below). I am not sure who uploads the Map updates but hosting on Mega was the easiest and most economical way. The issue is the file size (10-30 GB) and download speed which is of course restricted by Mega. I hope that you’re enjoying your PIWIS modded car 😎

PS: You can download the Mega app on your PC. It will speed up the download speed but that requires that you create a Free account. Use an alternate email to register to avoid getting SPAM

Last edited by 718socal; 03-14-2024 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:25 PM
elm3c
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
I'd be happy to try and email you the zip file for the maps, if you PM me an email address. I don't know if it will go through but worth a shot.

The only way I could get the map zip file to download this week is to use the mega.nz link that you'll find in the text file on the MIB website, and mega.nz pauses the free downloads after 4 GB's and you have to leave the browser window open (and at least for me) and go back after the count down clock expires and hit resume again. It takes 3 cycles to complete. Mine finished over night.

And don't be stunned if the mega.nz site initially says 55 hours which it did for me initially then sped up to about 4 hours between resume attempts.

Wish I had a server to host those files for free. I may be an outlaw but it seems to me that a host (who I'll guess had nothing to do with the AIO work) shouldn't be trying to profit from somebody else's work. And FWIW, I gladly paid 718Socal for helping me with remote PIWIS coding of my 22 BGTS because he spent his actual time doing work. I'll get down off my soap box now.
Thanks for the offer, Paul, but I doubt you'll be able to send the 11G map file to my yahoo or gmail accounts

Can you please just post or send me the link to the P376 file on the mega.nz site? At this point, I can't even access mibsolution.one to find the link. Downloading over several days won't be an issue, lol. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2024, 05:43 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,670 Likes on 2,717 Posts

@elm3c Here is the link for Mega.NZ that I used.

Download - MEGA
The following users liked this post:
elm3c (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 06:25 PM
elm3c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
@elm3c Here is the link for Mega.NZ that I used.

Download - MEGA
Thanks, @Westcoast - this is a much better option for file access. Already 42% downloaded at the first cutoff, so I should have the complete file by tomorrow.

Last edited by elm3c; 03-14-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Westcoast (03-14-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 04:50 PM
FurbzRSA
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
my first post on this Forum. i have been reading plenty and just want to make sure i have this right.
i have just taken delivery of a 2020 GT4 and i am thrilled.
but being an android user i would like to update the system to work with AA.
i have a carlinkit 5.0 on the way and believe i will need to activate using the AIO first before it will work

i am based in South Africa and just want to make sure this will work on my car and if i will be able to update to the correct maps?

Thanks in advance for the help

Old 03-15-2024, 06:21 PM
elm3c
Rennlist Member

Woohoo! Nav enabled and 2024/2025 (P376) maps loaded. Super thanks to @718socal @Westcoast @PaulS for the help and pointers.

Really easy process overall, except for the original file access. I wasn't able to actually download anything from mibsolution.one, even with the Free Download Manager. The Mega.NZ option was relatively painless - I disabled the sleep function on my computer and the 12GB maps file downloaded within a little over 12 hours total, with 2 6-hour breaks in between. I didn't need to manually resume the download; it restarted automatically each time.

Will be great to have native nav access! Seems that the fun roads often have more limited cellular service.
718socal (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 06:46 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by elm3c
Woohoo! Nav enabled and 2024/2025 (P376) maps loaded. Super thanks to @718socal @Westcoast @PaulS for the help and pointers.

Really easy process overall, except for the original file access. I wasn't able to actually download anything from mibsolution.one, even with the Free Download Manager. The Mega.NZ option was relatively painless - I disabled the sleep function on my computer and the 12GB maps file downloaded within a little over 12 hours total, with 2 6-hour breaks in between. I didn't need to manually resume the download; it restarted automatically each time.

Will be great to have native nav access! Seems that the fun roads often have more limited cellular service.
I always welcome the success stories; I find giving back on the forums to be rewarding in and of itself!
The following 5 users liked this post by Westcoast:
718socal (03-15-2024), elm3c (03-20-2024), fasteddie99 (03-16-2024), Mike981S (03-19-2024), Z06jerry (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 07:14 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FurbzRSA
Hi everyone,
my first post on this Forum. i have been reading plenty and just want to make sure i have this right.
i have just taken delivery of a 2020 GT4 and i am thrilled.
but being an android user i would like to update the system to work with AA.
i have a carlinkit 5.0 on the way and believe i will need to activate using the AIO first before it will work

i am based in South Africa and just want to make sure this will work on my car and if i will be able to update to the correct maps?

Thanks in advance for the help

Welcome to Rennlist, and congratulations on your GT4!

I hope that we can get you set up with Android Auto on your GT4, great first step actually providing the version shot, and from the blank map database I would assume that the car did NOT come with OEM NAV enabled?

We are experiencing a little trouble with the MIB Solution website so bear with us, so bear with us!

This is the AIO version that you need; MHI2_ER_POG11_K5126_1_AIO_MU1394_20230320.7z

I too am having trouble getting into MIB Solution to confirm the map version for South Africa (could be ER, P370 (2024/2025?).

Last edited by Westcoast; 03-15-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:02 PM
FurbzRSA
AutoX

Thanks Westcost,

Not sure which might be the right maps - would have thought it would have been a ROW file?
not sure what the ER stands for - i assume Europe
Old 03-19-2024, 02:20 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks Westcost,

Not sure which might be the right maps - would have thought it would have been a ROW file?
not sure what the ER stands for - i assume Europe
ER, yes stands for Europe regarding these maps.

From what I can find there should be a ROW map that would have SA as part of it, the problem is the listing on MIB is incomplete, nothing there just a few bytes when it should be in the GB range.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:24 PM
FurbzRSA
AutoX

ER, yes stands for Europe regarding these maps.

From what I can find there should be a ROW map that would have SA as part of it, the problem is the listing on MIB is incomplete, nothing there just a few bytes when it should be in the GB range.
Ok cool - thanks

Any idea who i might be able to reach out to to get that file?
i have no idea who updates or maintains the MIB webpage
Old 03-19-2024, 02:38 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Ok cool - thanks

Any idea who i might be able to reach out to to get that file?
i have no idea who updates or maintains the MIB webpage
Can you confirm the before and after version number changed after update and if you have a full backup?

IIRC in GEM you can also check the country code?
Old 03-19-2024, 04:38 PM
FurbzRSA
AutoX

Can you confirm the before and after version number changed after update and if you have a full backup?

IIRC in GEM you can also check the country code?
Versions match and are the same both before and after the update.

Do these screens help?

Old 03-19-2024, 04:53 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@FurbzRSA It looks like your PCM is a ROW firmware, you need to check that the correct patch is included in the Patches folder on AIO, it doesn't look like the AIO installed it.

The patch name will match 'ROW' and the firmware level of what you are installing. BTW, I see that it does have a ROW NAV DB installed from the factory in that last screen.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:17 PM
FurbzRSA
AutoX

@FurbzRSA It looks like your PCM is a ROW firmware, you need to check that the correct patch is included in the Patches folder on AIO, it doesn't look like the AIO installed it.

The patch name will match 'ROW' and the firmware level of what you are installing. BTW, I see that it does have a ROW NAV DB installed from the factory in that last screen.
thanks,

I'll double check again tomorrow. I thought I had got the patch thing right. I downloaded all the patches and let the software automatically detect the right version.
Not impossible it got it slightly wrong so will check and let you know

Quick Reply: OEM Navigation Retrofit DIY