Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 10:20 AM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
I bought my CPO from them. I love them for service but on sales they play the same games as all the rest. I’m not sure they have any choice but I couldn’t even get on the list for a new GT4, GT3, or 4RS. So many wealthy buyers in this area I can’t blame them but it’s a sad state of affairs. Hopefully their allocations increase with their new fancy dealership.
FWIW, for the many, many years I've been window shopping there, they'd always proposed MSRP, or below. I think one time they offered $10k-$20k off sticker for the 4-pot Caymans as I'm exiting my car. I didn't even get to say "Hello" yet, and SA was starting the deal. My 718 GT4 was supposed to be sticker, but middle/late last year, 3 years into my deposit, they started talking "possibility" of ADM, with all the production delays. Supposedly I was 14th when I put my deposit down Aug. '19, and was 3rd by last summer/fall, and they started talking about charging MSRP again but, no joy. I spoke to a prospective client while there last week, who mentioned discounts seem to be the new mood, "due to the new building".
Old 06-06-2023, 02:52 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
FWIW, for the many, many years I've been window shopping there, they'd always proposed MSRP, or below. I think one time they offered $10k-$20k off sticker for the 4-pot Caymans as I'm exiting my car. I didn't even get to say "Hello" yet, and SA was starting the deal. My 718 GT4 was supposed to be sticker, but middle/late last year, 3 years into my deposit, they started talking "possibility" of ADM, with all the production delays. Supposedly I was 14th when I put my deposit down Aug. '19, and was 3rd by last summer/fall, and they started talking about charging MSRP again but, no joy. I spoke to a prospective client while there last week, who mentioned discounts seem to be the new mood, "due to the new building".
Interesting. They wouldn't add me to the same list you were already on, but that was about a year ago so they probably knew there was no chance of me actually getting an allocation. Where did you end up on yours?
Old 06-06-2023, 03:34 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Interesting. They wouldn't add me to the same list you were already on, but that was about a year ago so they probably knew there was no chance of me actually getting an allocation. Where did you end up on yours?
No joy. Got deposit back about 2 weeks ago. When they were talking possible "up to $20k ADM" last year, when I was supposedly 3rd, I did express, "I ain't 'bout no ADM" (especially when an SA buddy of mine said 100% of the ADM goes to the GM where he worked, and bought my 981), I could have thwarted my chances if there was some last minute shuffling going on.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:55 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

(especially when an SA buddy of mine said 100% of the ADM goes to the GM where he worked
Are you serious? That is insanity. The guy must be making $10M a year right now. Can't possibly be true. Or can it?
Old 06-06-2023, 04:11 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Are you serious? That is insanity. The guy must be making $10M a year right now. Can't possibly be true. Or can it?
I don't think so. He said he didn't even try to sell GT cars because of it...he's no longer there. Management changed recently and apparently they have adopted the Gordon Gekko philosophy.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:36 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 268 Posts

I don't think so. He said he didn't even try to sell GT cars because of it...he's no longer there. Management changed recently and apparently they have adopted the Gordon Gekko philosophy.
Is it still Bruce?
Old 06-06-2023, 08:42 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Is it still Bruce?
No idea, but I belive when Chantilly opened, they became the sister dealer, under an umbrella company.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:56 PM
Jtdc
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

No idea, but I belive when Chantilly opened, they became the sister dealer, under an umbrella company.
Chantilly is Penske (along with Tyson’s) and Silver Spring is MileOne, no?
Old 06-06-2023, 11:06 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jtdc
Chantilly is Penske (along with Tyson’s) and Silver Spring is MileOne, no?
I believe so.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:49 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
Certainly isn't encouraging for us other PTS owners out there, but I think at the end of the day that color is not going to appeal to all buyers. And regardless of the original MSRP, it's still a lot of money for a non RS GT4 however nicely equipped. I think you probably run into some diminishing returns the higher you push the original MSRP.
This one is in support of that theory of diminishing options returns. Sold $10k above $105k MSRP while the few much more loaded recent Spyder/GT4s sold at or below MSRP.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...718-spyder-13/
Old 06-07-2023, 10:50 PM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Is it still Bruce?
It was Bruce as of 6 months ago…
Old 06-08-2023, 07:51 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,136 Likes on 641 Posts

No joy. Got deposit back about 2 weeks ago. When they were talking possible "up to $20k ADM" last year, when I was supposedly 3rd, I did express, "I ain't 'bout no ADM" (especially when an SA buddy of mine said 100% of the ADM goes to the GM where he worked, and bought my 981), I could have thwarted my chances if there was some last minute shuffling going on.
I have a pretty good relationship with my local dealer (Annapolis), but ruled out long ago that it was possible I'd get a GT allocation at MSRP. They might do that for some super special customers, but I'm not sure what I'd have to do to qualify.

I have to be honest... after 4 years of "being on a list" for MSRP and being left with nothing? That level of insincerity would definitely drive me away out of principal. Especially with so many dealers in this area. At least my SA was up front about the ADM, and I'm confident if I was willing to pay it I would have gotten an allocation. Stringing you along for literal years is a slap in the face IMO.
The following users liked this post:
brock256 (06-08-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 09:12 AM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manifold danger
...I have to be honest... after 4 years of "being on a list" for MSRP and being left with nothing? That level of insincerity would definitely drive me away out of principal. Especially with so many dealers in this area. At least my SA was up front about the ADM, and I'm confident if I was willing to pay it I would have gotten an allocation. Stringing you along for literal years is a slap in the face IMO.
FWIW, given that my sister was able to sell her new Kia, to a Honda dealer, for more than what she paid for a few months prior, I think SS asking for ADM was more of a sign of the times. This was when people started finding out that Porsche wiring harnesses,et al, came from the Ukraine. I pulled up every Porsche dealer listed on Porsche's site, when search wasn't centralized and you had to find dealers state by state, and contacted or took note of inventory, for each dealer in the US, when looking for the last of the 981 GT4s and GTSs (unfortunately, I heard about the existence of GT4s too late), so "calling around" is not an issue for me.

However this dealer has been kind to me during my "decades?" of window shopping, so when I was finally able to get one, I wanted it to be from there. Conversely, I've been going to the BMW dealer next door for the same time period, and have maybe once been "greeted", even when salesmen see me pulling up in a Porsche...and I'm talking about not even being greeted by the receptionist, and looking around the premier car in the showroom for 20 minutes. That said, SS has told me from the beginning, "you'll never get a GT3 from new".

Conversely, if you want to "sell" your car through them, they are willing to broker the deal for you...for a small fee. If you find a buyer, and agree on price, SS will "buy" your car from you, and the buyer would purchase from them, allowing the buyer to have same options available regarding financing/warranty/seeing car on a lift/etc. as buying from the dealer. I'm not sure many Porsche dealers do this...at least when I last checked.
Old 06-08-2023, 09:50 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 584 Posts
Default Canadian 718 Spyder / 992 GT3 market...

I just completed a quick search on Autotrader.ca and found:

718 Spyders: 28

992 GT3: 38, of which 12 are Touring, some with PTS for not much more than standard colours.

IMO, that's a TON of cars for this market, some now having been there for months.

I would dare to say the MARKET has changed, especially during what is arguably some of the best driving weather here on the west coast we've ever had.

I think I'll just go out and drive!
Old 06-08-2023, 09:56 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,427 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
I just completed a quick search on Autotrader.ca and found:

718 Spyders: 28

992 GT3: 38, of which 12 are Touring, some with PTS for not much more than standard colours.

IMO, that's a TON of cars for this market, some now having been there for months.

I would dare to say the MARKET has changed, especially during what is arguably some of the best driving weather here on the west coast we've ever had.

I think I'll just go out and drive!
Good idea, and stop posting comments in the Shhh thread.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale