Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 01:08 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by absame
if you’ve got an allocation, ie a build slot, you’re not waiting 1-2 years. Real variable on ADM is market. CA seems to have the craziest ADMs. Other parts of the country are seeing numbers drop. I got a GT4 in NY in august for $5k ish over.
shhh don't tell them that; you are just lucky. It is disingenuous to say that and imply it is possible to get a car for less than 20k ADM

\s

Last edited by Lucifer; 01-09-2023 at 01:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
absame (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
what exactly is disingenuous about it? I have two data points, both managed to get an allocation for a reasonable ADM (0-10) within a day or two of attempts. You wanna say two data points are disingenuous? Be my guest, it is just data.
Also I didn't claim MSRP is easy (or even possible at this point), I said the average from what I gathered *was around 10k over and I used that number to explain why I think this used one isn't such a good deal.
Thats it
You're making these dogmatic assertions about ADMs based on a couple of data points. What "you've gathered" is off. The average for a GT4 or Spyder isn't $10K ADM and hasn't been for at least the last six months. Most of the people here know that. Sure there are the one offs who are able to secure MSRP or a light ADM but that's not true for the majority of buyers. What's disingenuous about it is every time a comment is made about ADM or scarcity of allocations, out comes the story of calling 100 dealers (or is it every dealer in the country?) and securing an allocation for MSRP or $10K ADM in a matter of days. The tone is: scarcity of allocations and $15K+ ADMs are bull****, just do these things like me and my buddy and you'll be set!
jimdillard (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 02:22 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
You're making these dogmatic assertions about ADMs based on a couple of data points. What "you've gathered" is off. The average for a GT4 or Spyder isn't $10K ADM and hasn't been for at least the last six months. Most of the people here know that. Sure there are the one offs who are able to secure MSRP or a light ADM but that's not true for the majority of buyers. What's disingenuous about it is every time a comment is made about ADM or scarcity of allocations, out comes the story of calling 100 dealers (or is it every dealer in the country?) and securing an allocation for MSRP or $10K ADM in a matter of days. The tone is: scarcity of allocations and $15K+ ADMs are bull****, just do these things like me and my buddy and you'll be set!
how much ADM did you pay (if any)?
Old 01-09-2023, 02:28 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 767 Posts

Also remember those getting allocations today are not being allowed to order LWB's or PCCB's which are highly important or potential deal killers to many buyers of a GT4/Spyder. If you look at the 981 GT4/Spyder market, many refuse to buy a car if it has sofas in it(these cars command a 10-15k or lower premium and take much longer to sell) and then some specifically seek out builds with PCCB's which are considered very rare. I have a feeling many will "boast" that they were able to get a MSRP-10k ADM allocation but it's going to be one of those supply chain constrained allocations which people weren't willing to commit 20k+ to as they were previously where they could get all the options they want.
lilbza (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 02:28 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

shhh don't tell them that; you are just lucky. It is disingenuous to say that and imply it is possible to get a car for less than 20k ADM

\s
Eh, go look at your posts from late November. You called literally every dealer in the country and couldn't find an MSRP deal. Good for you that it worked out, but don't get too cocky like others have said. It's not that easy to get a good deal on these cars, and you know it too.

And not that I wish this upon you, but hopefully the dealer doesn't pull a bait and switch on you. I wouldn't have all the confidence in the world in an out of state dealer that you've never done business with. They may decide to screw you over to make an extra buck. Happened to @poofyo101 from what I recall, and I've seen/heard of several other instances of this from Porsche and other dealers selling limited production cars. Don't count your blessings before they hatch.
The following 3 users liked this post by rusmani:
brock256 (01-11-2023), Clark_Kent (01-09-2023), jimdillard (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 02:36 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 126 Posts

My anecdotal data point: A month or two ago I called 35-40 Porsche dealerships looking for a Spyder allocation, basically targeting the ones in my reasonable geographic area and not wanting to deal with west coast or northeast dealers. 95% of them told me they didn't have any allocations and still had a long waiting list of deposits in the event something comes through. A couple told me they had an allocation but were asking ridiculous ($30k+) ADMs for it. My local dealer ended up offering me their last expected Spyder allocation for an ADM I was comfortable with--$15k. Maybe if I called the remaining 160 dealerships I might have gotten lucky and received a $10k ADM allocation, but then I'd have to deal with shipping the car and other hassles of buying out of state. Plus I see it as an added bonus of continuing to build a relationship with my local dealer.

Calling 35-40 Porsche dealerships was exhausting enough, I couldn't even imagine calling all 200 or so and then playing phone tag with a number of them.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:41 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
Eh, go look at your posts from late November. You called literally every dealer in the country and couldn't find an MSRP deal. Good for you that it worked out, but don't get too cocky like others have said. It's not that easy to get a good deal on these cars, and you know it too.

And not that I wish this upon you, but hopefully the dealer doesn't pull a bait and switch on you. I wouldn't have all the confidence in the world in an out of state dealer that you've never done business with. They may decide to screw you over to make an extra buck. Happened to @poofyo101 from what I recall, and I've seen/heard of several other instances of this from Porsche and other dealers selling limited production cars. Don't count your blessings before they hatch.
Yes, it took some time, it is my first Porsche, and I have (\had) no idea what I am (\was) doing. I live in one of the most expensive areas in the country with greedy dealers around me, and on top of that, I had set of deal-breaker restrictions like only MSRP, production date that will qualify for ED, agreeing to courtesy delivery, only refundable deposits, and more. So it took time.
Cocky? it is exactly the opposite of being cocky - I am literally saying that if I managed to do this then anyone can, and the only purpose of my posts on the matter is to make people believe it is possible and not give in to greedy dealers asking for ridiculous ADMs.
Regarding the confidence - being out of state got nothing to do with the dealer screwing me; if anything, in CA there is a higher chance of that happening. It is something I indeed worry about, but not much I can do. I read every review I could on the dealership all the way back to 2012, on the SAs handling my purchase, on the GM of the dealership, and on the company that owns it. I then compared it to other dealerships around me. Compared to the dealerships around me, the dealership out of state are an actual saints (again, judging by reviews).

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Also remember those getting allocations today are not being allowed to order LWB's or PCCB's which are highly important or potential deal killers to many buyers of a GT4/Spyder. If you look at the 981 GT4/Spyder market, many refuse to buy a car if it has sofas in it(these cars command a 10-15k or lower premium and take much longer to sell) and then some specifically seek out builds with PCCB's which are considered very rare
finally, a valid point I can agree with even though I never considered the LWBS
Old 01-09-2023, 05:57 PM
rusmani
Racer

Yes, it took some time, it is my first Porsche, and I have (\had) no idea what I am (\was) doing. I live in one of the most expensive areas in the country with greedy dealers around me, and on top of that, I had set of deal-breaker restrictions like only MSRP, production date that will qualify for ED, agreeing to courtesy delivery, only refundable deposits, and more. So it took time.
Cocky? it is exactly the opposite of being cocky - I am literally saying that if I managed to do this then anyone can, and the only purpose of my posts on the matter is to make people believe it is possible and not give in to greedy dealers asking for ridiculous ADMs.
Regarding the confidence - being out of state got nothing to do with the dealer screwing me; if anything, in CA there is a higher chance of that happening. It is something I indeed worry about, but not much I can do. I read every review I could on the dealership all the way back to 2012, on the SAs handling my purchase, on the GM of the dealership, and on the company that owns it. I then compared it to other dealerships around me. Compared to the dealerships around me, the dealership out of state are an actual saints (again, judging by reviews).

finally, a valid point I can agree with even though I never considered the LWBS

Cocky.

And earlier you said you contacted all 200 dealers and couldn't find an MSRP deal. Here you say you got MSRP in a matter of hours.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:12 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 231 Posts

You remembered correctly. third car purchased from them and they still pulled that crap. I passed on it for principle.

Started building relationship with another dealer and got a GT4 which is going into production in 3 days.
The following 5 users liked this post by poofyo101:
Clark_Kent (01-09-2023), JAhmed (01-16-2023), l30thelion (01-09-2023), lilbza (01-09-2023), santiago660 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:15 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
You remembered correctly. third car purchased from them and they still pulled that crap. I passed on it for principle.

Started building relationship with another dealer and got a GT4 which is going into production in 3 days.
wow that is brutal .. what exactly happened? Pulled your allocation last minute ?

Happy to hear you got an allocation though .. exciting it’s going into production !
santiago660 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:20 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by BDonaher
wow that is brutal .. what exactly happened? Pulled your allocation last minute ?

Happy to hear you got an allocation though .. exciting it’s going into production !
My recollection is he was promised and configured an MSRP deal and the dealer tried to ram him with a $10K ADM when the car arrived. Sold it to someone else almost immediately when he hesitated.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:22 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
My recollection is he was promised and configured an MSRP deal and the dealer tried to ram him with a $10K ADM when the car arrived. Sold it to someone else almost immediately when he hesitated.
Thats a dealer I would cut ties with immediately. It’s not even the 10k.. while that sucks it’s not an exorbitant amount. It’s just very poor dealing and pulling that move with a good customer all for a small ADM is ridiculous.
The following 2 users liked this post by BDonaher:
santiago660 (01-09-2023), SpyderSenseOC (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:28 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Cocky.

And earlier you said you contacted all 200 dealers and couldn't find an MSRP deal. Here you say you got MSRP in a matter of hours.

Call it whatever you want, but I will keep opposing to the trend here that those cars can only be purchased for ridiculous ADMs, armed with proof.

Nice research you did there.
If you look closer, you will notice I talked about a Boxster and not a Spyder, which was and still is significantly harder to get. Not only that, but those two comments you sent screenshots of were published not long after I was done contacting dealerships - those things take time and patience: some will check and call you back, some will get an allocation a few weeks later, other customers will cancel their order, etc.
The latest screenshot you shared is indeed talking about a Spyder (and not a GTS, yes, it is very complicated, I know).

You are welcome to check the Dealer Allocation thread - tons of people there got an allocation for MSRP or a small reasonable ADM in the last couple of months, some after taking my advice and calling out-of-state dealerships.

Anyways, moving on, it is a free country, and you are free to believe what you want to believe.

In the screenshot below, you can see not only that I received an allocation for MSRP in a matter of minutes without even picking up the phone, but that I was also confident enough to give up a previous allocation I had (as it didn't work out in my ED timeline) because I knew that dealers and brokers just feed the market with tons of FOMO and FUD and that the reality isn't as bad.
I am not saying getting a Spyder at MSRP is as easy as getting a Corolla, but it is not nearly as bad as some of the members here make it to be.

https://i.imgur.com/rkcnWbz.png

Also, just for fun, here is another allocation I found for 5k over, which I also gave up after I found the above one for MSRP (it says consideration, but I actually walked out of the dealership with a commission number).

https://i.imgur.com/y6eCFoe.png

edit: regarding the dealer screwing me over - it is completely possible, but like I already said, being an out of state dealership got nothing to do with that, and in fact the dealerships in California are probably the worse there is in that retard. I'd say there is a better chance of me getting screwed here than with an out of state dealer.

Last edited by Lucifer; 01-09-2023 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:33 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Sadly in many states, you and the dealership don't owe each other a thing until you drive off with the car. It goes both ways.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:42 PM
rusmani
Racer

Call it whatever you want, but I will keep opposing to the trend here that those cars can only be purchased for ridiculous ADMs, armed with proof.

Nice research you did there.
If you look closer, you will notice I talked about a Boxster and not a Spyder, which was and still is significantly harder to get. Not only that, but those two comments you sent screenshots of were published not long after I was done contacting dealerships - those things take time and patience: some will check and call you back, some will get an allocation a few weeks later, other customers will cancel their order, etc.
The latest screenshot you shared is indeed talking about a Spyder (and not a GTS, yes, it is very complicated, I know).

You are welcome to check the Dealer Allocation thread - tons of people there got an allocation for MSRP or a small reasonable ADM in the last couple of months, some after taking my advice and calling out-of-state dealerships.

Anyways, moving on, it is a free country, and you are free to believe what you want to believe.

In the screenshot below, you can see not only that I received an allocation for MSRP in a matter of minutes without even picking up the phone, but that I was also confident enough to give up a previous allocation I had (as it didn't work out in my ED timeline) because I knew that dealers and brokers just feed the market with tons of FOMO and FUD and that the reality isn't as bad.
I am not saying getting a Spyder at MSRP is as easy as getting a Corolla, but it is not nearly as bad as some of the members here make it to be.

https://i.imgur.com/rkcnWbz.png

Also, just for fun, here is another allocation I found for 5k over, which I also gave up after I found the above one for MSRP (it says consideration, but I actually walked out of the dealership with a commission number).

https://i.imgur.com/y6eCFoe.png

edit: regarding the dealer screwing me over - it is completely possible, but like I already said, being an out of state dealership got nothing to do with that, and in fact the dealerships in California are probably the worse there is in that retard. I'd say there is a better chance of me getting screwed here than with an out of state dealer.
Good for you man. And I truly mean that. You put in the work and earned a great deal. Most people on here don't have the patience to contact every dealer in America. I did about 25 and that took half a day. That's why I think myself and others say it's disingenuous to spend "a couple of hours" to get an MSRP deal. It's a long process and certainly requires some luck. You got 1/200 to play ball.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale