Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 02:55 PM
onefastgrandma
Track Day

Received 48 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...man-gts-4-0-4/

Another indicator of a cooling market.

RNM at $84K, MSRP $96.5k.

Color, miles, time of year, or just a declining market?
I was the last bidder on that car and worked out a private deal with the seller. I am flying out with my wife to pick it up tomorrow, should everything go well when seeing the car in person.
Seller did provide DME after the auction ended (22 ignition in range 1 over 10k miles and ~970 engine hours - VAL report does not show any of the other ranges, which I assume means they were never triggered).
A little anxious about the color combo, as it's hard to assess in pictures, but after watching many videos I think we will love it - this will be a mostly fun car so loud color seem fitting.

Not too worried about the engine replacement, especially given the remaining 2 years of warranty (should I be?).
Any tips on Porsche specifics to inspect in person are welcome (beyond regular used car assessment).

I drove a Cayman R on track few years back, and that memory has haunted me in good ways ever since - Glad to finally be able to get a Cayman of my own, my first Porsche!
The following 3 users liked this post by onefastgrandma:
fxmixer (12-31-2022), PaulE (12-27-2022), SpyderSenseOC (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 03:55 PM
vince993tt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastgrandma
I was the last bidder on that car and worked out a private deal with the seller. I am flying out with my wife to pick it up tomorrow, should everything go well when seeing the car in person.
Seller did provide DME after the auction ended (22 ignition in range 1 over 10k miles and ~970 engine hours - VAL report does not show any of the other ranges, which I assume means they were never triggered).
A little anxious about the color combo, as it's hard to assess in pictures, but after watching many videos I think we will love it - this will be a mostly fun car so loud color seem fitting.

Not too worried about the engine replacement, especially given the remaining 2 years of warranty (should I be?).
Any tips on Porsche specifics to inspect in person are welcome (beyond regular used car assessment).

I drove a Cayman R on track few years back, and that memory has haunted me in good ways ever since - Glad to finally be able to get a Cayman of my own, my first Porsche!
Congrats on the car! I wouldn't worry about the color combo. I really like it myself. Of course my Spyder is MB! But to me, it beats the usual white, black, silver, etc. I think you'll really like how it looks in person. The engine replacement wouldn't bother me. A new engine installed by the dealer shouldn't be an issue, and as you stated, you have the factory warranty. As for inspection, I would say that the usual used car inspection check list should suffice, plus a good test drive, of course. That front spoiler is pretty bad. I'd replace it if it were mine, especially since it's easy and pretty inexpensive. Good luck, and enjoy the trip!
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (12-28-2022)
Old 12-31-2022, 07:00 PM
LeftLane50mph
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 40 Posts

Found this gem... maybe it improves downforce
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...reowned-XE58QN

Old 12-31-2022, 07:21 PM
RedCarrot
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by LeftLane50mph
Found this gem... maybe it improves downforce
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...reowned-XE58QN
That's very odd. Maybe the previous owner drove in reverse most of the time? Or maybe its previous owner was Kris Kross?
Old 01-01-2023, 02:28 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 839 Likes on 439 Posts

congrats! my impression is that replaced engine got an extended warranty from porsche. I got sick before the last day so didn't really watch the auction much & surprised to see it went rnm @84
Old 01-01-2023, 02:32 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 839 Likes on 439 Posts

you can book a ppi at sp motorsports which is also located in east bay for a peace of mind.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:39 AM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Just got a call from Jack Daniels porsche in NJ that they have a spyder on its way in. Was an unexpected extra vehicle from porsche. I had called them last summer and they're going down their list. Don't know pricing or options, but if anyone is looking ...
Old 01-05-2023, 12:28 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,243 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreer78
For the millionth time, it's not about wanting or needing 2 zone climate control, it's about how **** poor the design of the base AC controls are. It's a stupid design and shouldn't even be an option in ANY car.
can you elaborate on that a bit? Originally I was going to just stick with the base climate control system but ended up speccing 2-zone due to feedback here on the forum and in person, but I honestly still don't know the difference between the two other than 2-zone getting...well...2-zone and numbers instead of lines.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:13 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
can you elaborate on that a bit? Originally I was going to just stick with the base climate control system but ended up speccing 2-zone due to feedback here on the forum and in person, but I honestly still don't know the difference between the two other than 2-zone getting...well...2-zone and numbers instead of lines.
One is a typical modern automatic AC where you simply set the desired temperature and carry on.

The other is a throwback to the 60s. You control the fan speed and the hot/cold mixer.
The following users liked this post:
IrwinMFletcher (01-09-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 01:21 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

One is a typical modern automatic AC where you simply set the desired temperature and carry on.

The other is a throwback to the 60s. You control the fan speed and the hot/cold mixer.
I don't have the two zone and I find it to be absolutely fine. I don't really fiddle with temp/fan settings a ton anyways. Especially not in my weekend fun/track car. Happy to save the few hundred bucks. Just my opinion. I know some people say they wouldn't buy the car without the 2 zone climate control.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

really that's it? Dangit, I should have saved the money then. I NEVER use the automatic climate control as it never does what I want. I much prefer to set it as I go based on my comfort level.

I'm also weirdly picky about how I want my climate control to work. I don't want to hear my fan, but I want there to be slightly noticeable airflow. I don't want my car to just shoot to the temp I want it to be at, I want it to gradually get there whether its heat or cold. Hence why I never use the automatic setting as the car just wants to get to that temp as fast as possible and all the noises and fan speeds annoy the hell out of me.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:30 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 453 Posts

I decided to go with the ghetto AC version. I didnt have this feature in my S2000, and I always felt like Dual Zone control was a little suspect in small 2 seater cabins - I managed just fine. I also have a quirk with having all digital readouts being equal in my cars, and I never let the passengers in my current car adjust the zone controls.
I could swear I read a post from another thread discussing how one can only use an additional function/feature (forget which was discussed) unrelated to the AC, but you had to have spec'd Dual Zone. Whatever it was made m think twice about no specking the Dual Zone... but it is what it is. I also didnt spec heated seats... if my seats are too cold, that must mean I'm not driving the car hard enough

IMO, this being an option vs. standard equipment is poor form by Porsche, but at least they made Apple Carplay "standard"- which will be way more useful than AC controls.
Makes me wonder if all systems are the same underneath, and all the non Dual Zone owners have to do is get some coding done??
Old 01-05-2023, 02:41 PM
smilin
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 142 Posts

i got the dual zone, but always use it in manual mode. only reason i would take advantage of the upgrade is the 8% of the time when my wife is in the car…we seem to prefer different temps 99.3% of the 27% of the time we have it on. so, like, once a year the dual zone is important. totally worth it!
Old 01-05-2023, 02:45 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I decided to go with the ghetto AC version. I didnt have this feature in my S2000, and I always felt like Dual Zone control was a little suspect in small 2 seater cabins - I managed just fine. I also have a quirk with having all digital readouts being equal in my cars, and I never let the passengers in my current car adjust the zone controls.
I could swear I read a post from another thread discussing how one can only use an additional function/feature (forget which was discussed) unrelated to the AC, but you had to have spec'd Dual Zone. Whatever it was made m think twice about no specking the Dual Zone... but it is what it is. I also didnt spec heated seats... if my seats are too cold, that must mean I'm not driving the car hard enough

IMO, this being an option vs. standard equipment is poor form by Porsche, but at least they made Apple Carplay "standard"- which will be way more useful than AC controls.
Makes me wonder if all systems are the same underneath, and all the non Dual Zone owners have to do is get some coding done??
This is funny you say this because for me my favorite climate control system was actually in my S2000. The temp control I found to be very very good and the car was ALWAYS in a comfortable temp for me and I could make small adjustments as necessary. Fan speed was very customizable to for a car built in 2005 and it was perfect. By contrast my M2 Competition and Supra had the worst climate control systems.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:48 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by smilin
i got the dual zone, but always use it in manual mode. only reason i would take advantage of the upgrade is the 8% of the time when my wife is in the car…we seem to prefer different temps 99.3% of the 27% of the time we have it on. so, like, once a year the dual zone is important. totally worth it!
Happy wife, happy life!

Dual Zone has one primary function,which is automatic temperature control. Set the temp to 75, and the computer will add/subtract based on ambient temp sensors.
Running the driver side at 65, and the passenger at 85 will result in a 75deg cabin temp - which I always thought was ridiculous, and why I NEVER let anyone dictate their own temp. Instead, I ask "is the temperature comfortable for you?" . If not, I will change it to their liking and cope on my end.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale