Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 10:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,420 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Black wheels are impossible to photograph well. I had them on my 981 Spyder with yellow calipers and I just could never get a good picture that really represented how beautiful the car was because the wheels always looked like black dinner plates.

You have to take pics from an angle:

Old 01-21-2023, 11:01 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnM981
Porsche Burlington MA has this and a shark blue Cayman 4.0 with a 107k sticker, chalk interior, manual, high gloss exterior package for $20k over. No affiliation.

I lived in the Boston area recently and talked to them about allocations. They told me their lists were too long and they were done taking names. Seems like they didn't really have lists and just wanted to spec cars themselves and sell for a markup...
Old 01-21-2023, 11:30 PM
ShawnM981
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I lived in the Boston area recently and talked to them about allocations. They told me their lists were too long and they were done taking names. Seems like they didn't really have lists and just wanted to spec cars themselves and sell for a markup...
Thats doesn’t surprise me at all, they’re the closest dealer to me yet i buy and service all my cars at other MA dealers.
Old 01-22-2023, 01:27 AM
beez
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by PP987R

This is the 4RS @ Annapolis. Green was much less intrusive than I thought it would be. When did they get rid of the sub-belt pass through in the sport buckets? Drivers seat has one, but not the passenger seat. Is this the case with all fixed-back buckets? 3D printed seat is softer than the buckets in my old 987R, but its been ~ 9 years since I was in those seats. Still comfortable. White-gold wheels look great, but I'd prefer them on Guards red.

ADM on the car (i.e., the literal sticker) is 100K, and they said they rejected a 50K over offer, but I have no other info. on that deal (trade-in etc.). They said they want to sell local so they can see it at cars and coffee, and for the eventual trade in.

Go get her boys.
Passenger LWB seats without pass through for a sub belt has been that way since the 991.1, and includes the RS cars. Since the cars aren't sold in the US with a clubsport option like in ROW, there's no need for one according to Porsche.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:58 AM
PP987R
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beez
Passenger LWB seats without pass through for a sub belt has been that way since the 991.1, and includes the RS cars. Since the cars aren't sold in the US with a clubsport option like in ROW, there's no need for one according to Porsche.
What is Porsche thinking? If there is no need for sub belts without their clubsport package, then Porsche left in the driver's side pass through to be a ... cup holder???
Old 01-22-2023, 09:45 AM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Oh look at that, 23k over MSRP. Guess the sky isn't falling that some people trying to buy one would have you think it is.
doesn’t feel that way .. I was hesitant to buy right now but I ended up pulling the trigger and haven’t looked back. Paid ~112k for a CPO 2020, 2k miles on it (6mt, sofas, Miami blue).
Old 01-22-2023, 12:10 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,866 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Oh look at that, 23k over MSRP. Guess the sky isn't falling that some people trying to buy one would have you think it is.
Appears to have a large investment in modifications, which were likely valuable to the specific buyer. No way that car goes for that stock. There are much nicer GT4s out there sitting unsold at smaller premiums.
The following 2 users liked this post by Archimedes:
absame (01-22-2023), brock256 (01-22-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 06:12 PM
RedCarrot
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Good old Herb Chambers. Always has the highest prices at all their dealers across all brands/manufacturers. And have the shadiest salespersons. I didn't even bother trying that dealership and avoid all their other dealerships. It was a shame Ira sold their P dealership in Peabody to them some years back and they just right out closed it to get rid of a consumer option.
The following 2 users liked this post by RedCarrot:
jimdillard (01-22-2023), kwikit356 (01-24-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 06:58 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Appears to have a large investment in modifications, which were likely valuable to the specific buyer. No way that car goes for that stock. There are much nicer GT4s out there sitting unsold at smaller premiums.
Possibly, but on the flip side I would argue that (unfortunately) most buyers don’t want a track history on their car. I was surprised that one went so high but the previous commenter is also correct. Potential buyers are rooting for and messaging that the market is softening while potential sellers are praying it isn’t. Same as it ever was. It’s hard to draw conclusions across multiple cars because a lot of people are looking for, and willing to pay for, a specific build/colour/history. Or in the case of the yellow one, track mods they now don’t have to do themselves.
Old 01-22-2023, 07:45 PM
usctrojanGT3
Race Director

Received 3,902 Likes on 2,223 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
Possibly, but on the flip side I would argue that (unfortunately) most buyers don’t want a track history on their car. I was surprised that one went so high but the previous commenter is also correct. Potential buyers are rooting for and messaging that the market is softening while potential sellers are praying it isn’t. Same as it ever was. It’s hard to draw conclusions across multiple cars because a lot of people are looking for, and willing to pay for, a specific build/colour/history. Or in the case of the yellow one, track mods they now don’t have to do themselves.
The market is slowly declining but the stealers are remaining stubborn so it's a question of will the stealers find a suck to pay their stupid asking prices and time is not on the stealers side.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:55 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The market is slowly declining but the stealers are remaining stubborn so it's a question of will the stealers find a suck to pay their stupid asking prices and time is not on the stealers side.
Not that it matters to me. But perhaps because they know that Porsche isn't building anymore of these going forward. So while every buyer might be hoping, wishing, and posting that the market is softening, perhaps it might for a few months and then it will reverse course in a serious way. Also take into consideration we're in the dead of winter. Seems to me time is on the side of the dealer.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:07 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by Bents
I personally find mods to be a net negative, but just my opinion. If I want any mods, I'd rather do them on my own and then return the car to stock when I sell it/trade it in. Historically, mods add little to no value on resale. Perhaps those were just the perfect mods for that buyer, explaining the higher than expected transaction price. Who knows. That was a strong sale in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:09 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Theyll probably keep prices high, especially with spring around the corner. Also, it's presumed that essentially all remaining 718 GT4/Spyder allocations are spoken for, so if you want one you probably have to look to the resale market at this point.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:30 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 754 Likes on 348 Posts

I think that as long as this car was manufactured and allocations were possible to find for MSRP or slightly over, used cars being sold for over MSRP was crazy.
BUT - this is going to change very very soon, and with the next 718 being electric I predict used NA 4.0 718 will keep their value really well.
Just take a look at the 981 GT4\Spyder - and that's with the 718 being available.
Old 01-22-2023, 11:39 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
I think that as long as this car was manufactured and allocations were possible to find for MSRP or slightly over, used cars being sold for over MSRP was crazy.
BUT - this is going to change very very soon, and with the next 718 being electric I predict used NA 4.0 718 will keep their value really well.
Just take a look at the 981 GT4\Spyder - and that's with the 718 being available.
Agree there. I think for the next couple months things will keep softening. Likely get some lower trade points but the reality is the allocations are gone and the NA Flat 6 isn’t coming back for the Cayman..

Last edited by BDonaher; 01-22-2023 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale