Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 10:05 PM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BDonaher
Thanks for the feedback! .. I'm 6ft and 200lbs so the buckets are kinda a non starter for me so the 18 ways are my first choice. Love the Miami blue, love the seats and while I would take PDK over manual for the same price / small premium, it's not a big enough desire to make me change my mind on this one. Given the ratios aren't massively different I don't see a reason to drop 25k more on the any of the 2021 PDKs available near me.. It seems like an incredibly well spec'd car with low KMs. Thinking can wrap up the deal early next week.
Good luck, and post up some pictures.
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the car
Old 12-25-2022, 10:23 PM
RedCarrot
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts

https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...reowned-GW03Q4

Close to pulling the trigger on this one as my first Porsche.. any strong objections?
I don't know man...

From the spec, this was a $115k - $120k MSRP car.

So $35k to $40k over MSRP for nearly a 3 year old GT4? Or is the $154,115 in CAD?

Last edited by RedCarrot; 12-25-2022 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2022, 10:26 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,565 Likes on 2,034 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCarrot
I don't know man...

So $35k to $40k over MSRP for nearly a 3 year old GT4?
They’re loonies mate…
Old 12-25-2022, 10:38 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCarrot
I don't know man...

So $35k to $40k over MSRP for nearly a 3 year old GT4? Or is the $154,115 in CAD?
haha yes it’s in CAD. 137k was the original build, the dealer pulled up the order for me.

same spec now would be 148k new .. that’s switching Miami blue for shark blue since you can’t get Miami
The following 3 users liked this post by BDonaher:
mammothcar1 (12-25-2022), sin911 (12-25-2022), SpyderSenseOC (12-25-2022)
Old 12-25-2022, 10:41 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 439 Posts

Close to pulling the trigger on this one as my first Porsche.. any strong objections?
No strong objections as the spec seems good. Though my only question is the pricing, as someone mentioned hope the price is in CAD. If USD that is quite a premium

EDIT: never mind, you’ve just answered lol! Good luck with the hunt

Last edited by sin911; 12-25-2022 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-25-2022, 11:46 PM
RedCarrot
Rennlist Member

haha yes it’s in CAD. 137k was the original build, the dealer pulled up the order for me.

same spec now would be 148k new .. that’s switching Miami blue for shark blue since you can’t get Miami
That sounds a lot more reasonable given the low milage, CPO and Toronto locale. Its converted $113K USD actually would have been below the current day US build price. Good luck with it.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 07:28 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,135 Likes on 640 Posts

If the price is something you can comfortably afford, I'd say definitely go for it. There won't be many others like it, it will be a head turner for sure! (assuming that's what you'd want)

As for missing options, there really aren't any for the GT4. By default it's one of the best Porsche experiences money can buy.

Don't worry about the gearing, if that's all you'd want the PDK for. PDK is great, but you really can't go wrong with either transmission.

Last edited by manifold danger; 12-26-2022 at 07:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 01:36 PM
vince993tt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

Beautiful car. I have its near twin in my MB Spyder, and I love it. MB is certainly one of my favorite Porsche colors, and I can tell you that whenever I drive the car, it is noticed more than any car I've owned prior to this...and there have been a lot of them. And it is the color that is always mentioned in addition to the car itself. I do see one shortcoming on this particular car that would bother me, and I don't understand why anyone would spec any car in this price range without the automatic climate control. If you are OK with basic, standard AC in a $100k plus car, then I think it's a great buy otherwise I just don't understand the lack of auto climate control in these otherwise high spec cars...or really in any car these days. But that's what happens with Porsche's "nothing is standard" profit maximization approach. Sometimes, simple low cost options that should be standard are omitted. Good luck with the car...
Old 12-26-2022, 01:44 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vince993tt
Beautiful car. I have its near twin in my MB Spyder, and I love it. MB is certainly one of my favorite Porsche colors, and I can tell you that whenever I drive the car, it is noticed more than any car I've owned prior to this...and there have been a lot of them. And it is the color that is always mentioned in addition to the car itself. I do see one shortcoming on this particular car that would bother me, and I don't understand why anyone would spec any car in this price range without the automatic climate control. If you are OK with basic, standard AC in a $100k plus car, then I think it's a great buy otherwise I just don't understand the lack of auto climate control in these otherwise high spec cars...or really in any car these days. But that's what happens with Porsche's "nothing is standard" profit maximization approach. Sometimes, simple low cost options that should be standard are omitted. Good luck with the car...
I mean as long as it has the A/C that wasn't something that really irked me. Don't really care about the 2 zone stuff and given I live in Canada its not a huge issue for me and if this is the one fault of the car I think I can live.. Fair point though!
Old 12-26-2022, 01:50 PM
sgreer78
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 305 Posts

For the millionth time, it's not about wanting or needing 2 zone climate control, it's about how **** poor the design of the base AC controls are. It's a stupid design and shouldn't even be an option in ANY car.

And a 6' 200lb person can easily fit in LWB. If you don't want them just say so, no need for excuses.
The following 4 users liked this post by sgreer78:
balucipher (01-01-2023), Clark_Kent (12-26-2022), rwm (01-01-2023), vince993tt (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 01:53 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgreer78
For the millionth time, it's not about wanting or needing 2 zone climate control, it's about how **** poor the design of the base AC controls are. It's a stupid design and shouldn't even be an option in ANY car.

And a 6' 200lb person can easily fit in LWB. If you don't want them just say so, no need for excuses.
haha dont get me wrong, I would take the automatic if it was an option but given there aren't allocations anymore.. I have to take what I can get. Each spec ive looked at sacrifices something. Ive sat in the buckets for a while and they really weren't comfortable for me... so maybe it's just my body type but they were a non starter.

For context.. of the 17 GT4s available in Canada right now.. 7 have the auto climate. There is only one in my area and its the most odd spec of all time.. https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...diaCenter=true.. Chalk paint, Auraum wheels, blue belts, white stitch, no nav/car play, manual seats.. just really all over the map. So going with the lesser of all evils here.

Last edited by BDonaher; 12-26-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:39 PM
RedCarrot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgreer78

You are not alone in opining that climate control is a must have. Most people I come across say the same. I am an oddball in this area. I have it in my 981 CS bc it came this way. I don't use it and I don't like using it. It is standard in the last several cars I own/owned and I don't use it in those cars either. I ultimately want to control when I want AC to be on. Left to its own device I found it came on much more frequently than I want it to no matter what temperature I set it to.

There's much more to fitment for LWB than height and weight. There's body proportion, width in specific area, mobility and flexibility of specific individual, and willingness to put up w/ its ingress/egress.

All that to say different strokes for different folks. What you think is important may not be important at all to another person.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:42 PM
vince993tt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

I mean as long as it has the A/C that wasn't something that really irked me. Don't really care about the 2 zone stuff and given I live in Canada its not a huge issue for me and if this is the one fault of the car I think I can live.. Fair point though!
To be clear, I agree that when you can't spec the car yourself, you always end up having to compromise somewhere. And I would likely live with the standard AC were I in your situation, given the rest of the spec. But as the OP stated, it is just annoying that Porsche puts us in this situation in the first place where these not inexpensive cars are often spec'd without basic options that are included in all cars at half the price.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:43 PM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vince993tt
To be clear, I agree that when you can't spec the car yourself, you always end up having to compromise somewhere. And I would likely live with the standard AC were I in your situation, given the rest of the spec. But as the OP stated, it is just annoying that Porsche puts us in this situation in the first place where these not inexpensive cars are often spec'd without basic options that are included in all cars at half the price.
yep that’s just it. If I were able to spec this to my liking would definitely have added it. But given the shortage of options here… the rest of the car far outweighs that. Ideally this can get me into an allocation for something nicer down the road that I can spec.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:53 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

I didn't have dual zone climate control on my base 718 and don't have it on my GT4. Haven't missed it whatsoever in either car. To each their own, but I'm not buying this car for its climate control features or how a few buttons on the dash look.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale