Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 03:50 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreer78
What did all the people who know everything do with all their knowledge before the internet?
they didn't know everything before the internet
Old 01-08-2023, 03:51 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Yes, that was the case with both my friend and me until the point we actually decided we wanted a car and started doing something about it.
Before that, we were just chilling on 2-3 dealers' lists, waiting to get an allocation - this won't work.

edit: 25 is nothing, I emailed\called around 200
Haha that is nuts. Sounds like you reached out to damn near every dealer in the US. If I recall correctly there are like 190-200 total dealers in the states. Props to you, sounds like it paid off.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:00 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
Haha that is nuts. Sounds like you reached out to damn near every dealer in the US. If I recall correctly there are like 190-200 total dealers in the states. Props to you, sounds like it paid off.
yeah it wasn't fun, but it makes the purchase feel more special, I feel "lucky" I got an allocation because I had to work for it

anyways, to the topic at hand - I believe that once the Spyder\GT4 won't be manufactured at all, and all allocation would be gone for good, this price would make sense - but at this point, if I have that kind of money - I would have much prefered to pay a little more extra and get it brand new and customized to my liking, that's just my $.02
Old 01-08-2023, 04:24 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

I heard that before, and after a few hours of calls, I got one for MSRP (Spyder). My friend heard that, too, and after a few hours of calls, he got one for a GT4 for 10k ADM. Both of us are without prior relationships and not trading any cars.
Point is - with even a small amount of proactivity you could easily get an allocation.
You keep telling this story. We hear you and congratulations for winning the MSRP lottery. This is an exception for sure and others likely will not be able to duplicate your result. It's disingenuous to imply all people have to do is call a bunch of dealers like you did and they too can strike gold. I called or emailed between 75-100 dealerships and found a GT4 allocation with an ADM over six months ago. BLUF: If you are looking for a GT4 or Spyder allocation you may be able to find one; however, you will likely pay an ADM. End of discussion.

Last edited by Clark_Kent; 01-08-2023 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
You keep telling this story. We hear you and congratulations for winning the MSRP lottery. This is an exception for sure and others likely will not be able to duplicate your result. It's disingenuous to imply all people have to do is call a bunch of dealers like you did and they too can strike gold. I called or emailed between 75-100 dealerships and found a GT4 allocation with an ADM over six months ago. BLUF: If you are looking for a GT4 or Spyder allocation you may be able to find one; however, you will likely pay an ADM. End of discussion.
what exactly is disingenuous about it? I have two data points, both managed to get an allocation for a reasonable ADM (0-10) within a day or two of attempts. You wanna say two data points are disingenuous? Be my guest, it is just data.
Also I didn't claim MSRP is easy (or even possible at this point), I said the average from what I gathered *was around 10k over and I used that number to explain why I think this used one isn't such a good deal.
Thats it

Last edited by Lucifer; 01-08-2023 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:46 PM
rusmani
Racer

what exactly is disingenuous about it? I have two data points, both managed to get an allocation for a reasonable ADM (0-10) within a day or two of attempts. You wanna say two data points are disingenuous? Be my guest, it is just data.
Also I didn't claim MSRP is possible, I said the average from what I gathered is around 10k over and I used that number to explain why I think this used one isn't such a good deal.
Thats it
Just doing a quick search on your post history shows your tune changed awfully quickly. One day you say you called every dealer in America with no luck, now you say it's easy to find MSRP and just pick up the phone? Which one is it bud...

The following 3 users liked this post by rusmani:
Clark_Kent (01-08-2023), cooler2442 (01-08-2023), manifold danger (01-11-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 05:27 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Just doing a quick search on your post history shows your tune changed awfully quickly. One day you say you called every dealer in America with no luck, now you say it's easy to find MSRP and just pick up the phone? Which one is it bud...
I already said that twice - there is a difference between the 0-10k adm I am talking about and the 20-30+ you are talking about. When I said in those threads MSRP I meant MSRP and not a single dollar over.
Anyways, believe what you want to believe, the bottom line is I have only two actual data points - both managed to get an allocation for <=10k ADM with zero prior relationships with some effort
Not even talking about the fact I changed my mind several times, had a Spyder allocation at MSRP - gave it away to another rennlisterto get a GTS allocation - changed my mind again, and managed to get another Spyder allocation for MSRP
I guess I am just the luckiest man alive, right? got nothing to do with the fact I actually am willing to put in the effort to get what I want

Old 01-08-2023, 07:42 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,909 Likes on 2,227 Posts

Yeah I know you've mentioned that before, but I would consider that to be the exception and not the rule. For every case like yours, there are several "I've been waiting on x nunber of MSRP lists for > 6 months with nothing to show for it".

There are also folks that have called every dealer under the sun (myself included) with no such luck. Before getting my car, I spent an afternoon calling over 25 dealers and got nothing of value offered to me. One dealer had an allocation that they wanted 30k over for, another 50k (ridiculous I know). I ended up finding a GT4 at 15k over, which isn't great but not awful.
When did you find that $15k over allocation? Because used car prices are heading lower and new car inventory is growing at dealers.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:59 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
When did you find that $15k over allocation? Because used car prices are heading lower and new car inventory is growing at dealers.
May 2022. Might be an overpay, but I've got the car and I'm very happy with it. I purchased it with the intention of driving/enjoying it.

All that being said, I don't think it's particularly easy to find a new GT4 allocation at this time and over the last 12-18 months. With allocations dwindling, I don't see that changing.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
MSRPhunter227 (01-09-2023), tigerhonaker (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 10:40 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,466 Likes on 815 Posts
Exclamation

rusmani,

I'm pretty sure that's usually referred to as {TROLLING}.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
rusmani (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 10:47 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,466 Likes on 815 Posts
Thumbs up

May 2022. Might be an overpay, but I've got the car and I'm very happy with it.
I purchased it with the intention of driving/enjoying it.

All that being said, I don't think it's particularly easy to find a new GT4 allocation at this time and over the last 12-18 months.
With allocations dwindling,
I don't see that changing.
rusmani,

Might be an overpay, but I've got the car and I'm very happy with it.
There really is only one thing that counts Sir.
You being Happy with your decision/decisions and your New Porsche.

Congratulations and have fun,
Terry
Old 01-09-2023, 10:58 AM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
rusmani,

There really is only one thing that counts Sir.
You being Happy with your decision/decisions and your New Porsche.

Congratulations and have fun,
Terry
You are 100% right. We should all make decisions we are personally comfortable with.

Enjoying it tremendously! Thank you!
tigerhonaker (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 11:30 AM
BDonaher
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

The problem with all of the above is timing. Even with allocations .. are you going to wait 1-2 years and risk production ending before your car is built ? I think this is a two in the hand one in the bush situation.

yeah you may save 10-15k calling every dealer, but is that worth the wait / risk you don’t get a car ?
Old 01-09-2023, 12:19 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BDonaher
The problem with all of the above is timing. Even with allocations .. are you going to wait 1-2 years and risk production ending before your car is built ? I think this is a two in the hand one in the bush situation.

yeah you may save 10-15k calling every dealer, but is that worth the wait / risk you don’t get a car ?

if you’ve got an allocation, ie a build slot, you’re not waiting 1-2 years. Real variable on ADM is market. CA seems to have the craziest ADMs. Other parts of the country are seeing numbers drop. I got a GT4 in NY in august for $5k ish over.

Last edited by absame; 01-09-2023 at 12:20 PM.
MaddMike (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 12:59 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

I put in a deposit at local dealer for GT4 and GTS back in 1/2022. Id be happy to pay 5k over MSRP for a GT4! A few times I called some dealers, and did the whole search spreadsheet thing, everything I found was 15+ ADM. Granted this was 6 months + ago. I'm paying the sit and wait game. Sounds like I should start calling around again!

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale