Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2023, 03:58 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 354 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Based on 718Socal's suggestion and a post on the 718 Forum, I turned off inching mode, put the window positions back to factory codes and cycled the roof with the inside button a couple times. When putting the top down with the switch in the car, the windows go all of the way up (which is the factory setting). However, when putting the top down with the key fob, the windows stay at three quarters up rather than going all of the way down. Is that how it works for others?
@Ken718B when using the keyfob my windows are fully up at the end of the top down and the top uo sequence. This is what I chose when coding the top open/close from fob with PIWIS.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_6764 - SD 480p.mov (11.38 MB, 17 views)
Old 12-25-2023, 06:07 PM
bolodah
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Based on 718Socal's suggestion and a post on the 718 Forum, I turned off inching mode, put the window positions back to factory codes and cycled the roof with the inside button a couple times. When putting the top down with the switch in the car, the windows go all of the way up (which is the factory setting). However, when putting the top down with the key fob, the windows stay at three quarters up rather than going all of the way down. Is that how it works for others?
When putting the top down and up with the switch inside the car, the windows stay at three quarters, but go all the way back up when the cycles are finished. This is how they were with the factory setting. 718soCal was able to program my key fob to replicate the factory settings, so the windows go down three quarters on all cycles.
Old 12-25-2023, 07:21 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Thank you. I have changed the code for close windows after opening top with remote control (key fob) to yes and the windows now raise after opening.

I corresponded with some 718 owners in the UK and Australia (since this feature is available to them without coding) who confirmed that when they open their top with the key fob the windows close at the end of the cycle.

It seems like it is not possible to code this car so that the windows stay completely down after opening the top.

Last edited by Ken718B; 12-25-2023 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-25-2023, 07:55 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by bolodah
When putting the top down and up with the switch inside the car, the windows stay at three quarters, but go all the way back up when the cycles are finished. This is how they were with the factory setting. 718soCal was able to program my key fob to replicate the factory settings, so the windows go down three quarters on all cycles.
Welcome to the class of 22 Gesture Control club.
Old 12-25-2023, 10:00 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Anyone know what TSZ in Komfortfunktion Ueber TSZ stands for? It is translating as door code on my x431. I don't know what comfort function via door code means. I have changed this code to yes and cannot figure out what that does?
Old 12-26-2023, 09:23 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Great threat and some very intelligent contributors. Let me share my "wish Porsche did this" to the list....

My Car: 2023 GT4RS
Code Request: Program the rear back up camera to be on Infotainment screen On Demand

My mission is to have the rear facing back up camera be turned on while I'm on track (when going forward). This would assist with added track awareness safety, and add rear facing video when I am video recording my laps from inside the cockpit. Ideally, I could turn it on and off manually with an available button, such as the Sport PDK button which I only use when on track. But I am open to any creative solution which will allow me to use the existing camera and infotainment screen. Several buddies have added a camera and screen, and some have connected a new camera to the existing Infotainment screen. I trying to use the existing OEM camera on the infotainment.
Old 12-26-2023, 10:42 AM
edsonreds
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Great threat and some very intelligent contributors. Let me share my "wish Porsche did this" to the list....

My Car: 2023 GT4RS
Code Request: Program the rear back up camera to be on Infotainment screen On Demand

My mission is to have the rear facing back up camera be turned on while I'm on track (when going forward). This would assist with added track awareness safety, and add rear facing video when I am video recording my laps from inside the cockpit. Ideally, I could turn it on and off manually with an available button, such as the Sport PDK button which I only use when on track. But I am open to any creative solution which will allow me to use the existing camera and infotainment screen. Several buddies have added a camera and screen, and some have connected a new camera to the existing Infotainment screen. I trying to use the existing OEM camera on the infotainment.
There is an alternative route you can entertain. The Porsche OEM dashcam that comes already wired in the new modelos 992.1s, can be directly refrofited to the previous platforms. There are OEM instructions and part numbers (connectors) you will need. You can install front and rear camera which will be synced using the Porsche OEM app. Besides, you can integrate it to the Porsche TPA app, which will provide you telemetry directly from the car: brake, acceleration, Gs and the like. It is not a compatible install, but a OEM one, designed to work with your car.
Old 12-26-2023, 12:44 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by edsonreds
There is an alternative route you can entertain. The Porsche OEM dashcam that comes already wired in the new modelos 992.1s, can be directly refrofited to the previous platforms. There are OEM instructions and part numbers (connectors) you will need. You can install front and rear camera which will be synced using the Porsche OEM app. Besides, you can integrate it to the Porsche TPA app, which will provide you telemetry directly from the car: brake, acceleration, Gs and the like. It is not a compatible install, but a OEM one, designed to work with your car.
The dashcam will record but not provide real time live images on the infotainment system, correct?

Again, we already have a nice big screen and a rear facing camera - just trying to break in and figure out how to turn it on, keep it on while on track!

This is the built in screen in the C8 Corvette

Old 12-26-2023, 05:30 PM
Ken718B
Banned

All three of these codes relate to Inching Mode (putting the top down by pressing and not holding the switch inside the car):

1. 981_Verdeckcodierungen Tippbetrieb (981 soft top coding touch control)

2. Allgemein-Parameter: Verdeck untere Grenzgeschwindigkeit fur Tippbetrieb (General Parameters for Lower Top for Inching Mode)

3. Verdeckcodierungen Fensterheber Schliessen mach Verd.Offnen Mit Tippbetrieb (Close Windows after Opening Top with Touch Control)

The code Verdeckcodierungen Fensterheber Schliessen mach Verd.Schliessen Mit Tippbetrieb (Close Windows after Closing Top with Touch Control) for does not appear to have any function since inching mode can't be used to close the top. I also changed this code to no and it had no effect on the window position after closing the top with the door handle.

Changing the code TSZ in Komfortfunktion Ueber TSZ (Comfort Function via Door Code) from yes to no also had no effect on the window position after closing the top with the door handle.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before. This code may allow for the windows to go up/down with the door handle. I am pretty sure that I had this code enabled and nothing happened when I hit the door handle. Of course, I was trying to put down the convertible top.

With the convertible top if both the windows with the key fob and convertible with the key fob are enabled, only the windows will work with the key fob.

Is it possible that the door handle works the other way and the code to put the windows down with the door lock will only work if the top is not enabled?

I will have to test that when I get a chance.

Last edited by Ken718B; 12-27-2023 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:57 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by 718socal
Another great feature for Boxster owners, Open or close the Convertible top with the remote key.

Can you confirm that for US Spyders this will also close the Windows at the end of the operation? Assuming I didn't change anything else. This is basically the only functionality I want to change...
Also, would really appreciate it if you could take a short video of you changing a setting (doesnt matter which one) but with your car actually connected...
Last time I used PIWIS was like 8 months ago and I would love to compare what I am doing with a video (100% of youtube videos are in simulation mode)

Last edited by Lucifer; 12-27-2023 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-27-2023, 01:41 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Can you confirm that for US Spyders this will also close the Windows at the end of the operation? Assuming I didn't change anything else. This is basically the only functionality I want to change...
Also, would really appreciate it if you could take a short video of you changing a setting (doesnt matter which one) but with your car actually connected...
Last time I used PIWIS was like 8 months ago and I would love to compare what I am doing with a video (100% of youtube videos are in simulation mode)
Post 877. No video possible since I sold my car.
Old 12-27-2023, 03:28 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Post 877. No video possible since I sold my car.
Thank you! Any idea why my simulation mode doesn't have all the options like yours? When I plug into an actual car they are there
Old 12-27-2023, 04:03 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Thank you! Any idea why my simulation mode doesn't have all the options like yours? When I plug into an actual car they are there
The simulation data is different.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (12-27-2023)
Old 12-27-2023, 04:11 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

The simulation data is different.
Is it possible to get the simulation data of my own car somehow?
Old 12-27-2023, 04:37 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Is it possible to get the simulation data of my own car somehow?
Yes mine was there when we setup my PIWIS.

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request