Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 07:27 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by See63ess
Just secured a V200 build for September and December delivery for a Spyder.

Here is the build. Anything I screwed up on? This is my first Porsche and I cant wait. I will be getting rid of my RS6 in a few months.

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PN6MKNY6

DUDE!!! You're building the same car as I am almost. I have black calipers that will be painted in the aftermarket(I didn't need PCCBs and didn't see the reason to pay 8k just for caliper color). I have the gauges in yellow but other than that, almost the same car. Luckily, I will be a few months ahead of you!!!.... Hahaha.

Anyway, I was told the OEM sun visors were kinda crappy looking. Obviously not an issue in a hardtop. But your visors are on display in a convertible so I went with leather visors. Now the 64k question is......does the deviated stitching follow the leather up there??? I do not know and have not asked.

Last edited by flynlo; 07-17-2021 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:03 PM
Mtnbkrlts
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazten
My Spyder went v300 today! Checked in with my SA as it was supposed to enter body shop today. Instead I was pleasantly surprised to find it was finished early with an estimated 10days shaved off my final delivery date 😎
Great news! What’s the estimated delivery date?
Old 07-16-2021, 08:23 PM
Cazten
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtnbkrlts
Great news! What’s the estimated delivery date?
9/3. Still stuck almost 3 weeks waiting for it to get on a boat and then travel time! I’m doing a PECLA pickup + EXPEL wrap so I’m expecting October before I see it . Fingers crossed it makes it to a quicker shipping departure as it’s just sitting around at this point.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:31 PM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,078 Likes on 472 Posts

For anyone tracking their boat at the moment, you can sign up for 7 days of free satellite tracking on marinetraffic.com. It's nice to keep an eye on the boat once it gets out of range of coastal AIS systems, which mine did just over 1 day ago.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche2014 (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 09:27 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,776 Likes on 972 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhalo
Yeah.

He was pissed. Probably explains why there was only one other person on the list.

Any recommendations on good dealers to call? He's in Northern, UT but willing to go just about anywhere.
I'm in Western Canada so I don't really know, but from reading posts on here for the last year about other people's experiences it seems the pacific north west and california are a waste of time for someone out of state unless ADM and hit or miss service is your thing. Almost all the horror stories I've read come from those states; just search for Sam, he's a favourite on here.

If I was in Utah I'd consider buying literally anywhere and taking delivery at the Porsche experience center to solve the transportation problem from somewhere far away. If I was in the US I'd have totally checked that box for the experience.
Old 07-16-2021, 09:51 PM
Porsche2014
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 42 Posts

Mine is arriving in Halifax tomorrow or Sunday: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...4858426/zoom:6

Will be watching the Halifax Harbour webcam: https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en...bour-entrance/
Old 07-17-2021, 12:03 AM
Blackhalo
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zhao
I'm in Western Canada so I don't really know, but from reading posts on here for the last year about other people's experiences it seems the pacific north west and california are a waste of time for someone out of state unless ADM and hit or miss service is your thing. Almost all the horror stories I've read come from those states; just search for Sam, he's a favourite on here.

If I was in Utah I'd consider buying literally anywhere and taking delivery at the Porsche experience center to solve the transportation problem from somewhere far away. If I was in the US I'd have totally checked that box for the experience.
Thanks man.

Guess my buddy called dealers all over the country today. Think he got on a couple of lists. A Colorado dealer said he'd be first in line and they were msrp with nothing down to wait.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:35 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,392 Likes on 2,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhalo
Thanks man.

Guess my buddy called dealers all over the country today. Think he got on a couple of lists. A Colorado dealer said he'd be first in line and they were msrp with nothing down to wait.
Hmm, that makes me suspicious! These seem to be the situations where guys wait for months on end and never hear from the dealer again, get any service, or update etc. I could be wrong in this case of course.
Jstrauss (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 01:48 AM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Just got my allocation, so they are guessing Dec for delivery. I think I waited about 3 weeks total for it.
P-car-Vancouver (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 02:30 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche2014
Mine is arriving in Halifax tomorrow or Sunday: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...4858426/zoom:6

Will be watching the Halifax Harbour webcam: https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en...bour-entrance/
Mine on the same boat. Needs to get all the way to Vancouver yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by P-car-Vancouver:
pcarGTS4.0 (07-17-2021), Porsche2014 (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 03:22 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
That guy is me. I saw the email notification of your reply just when my flight was taking off the tarmac off to LA. I cannot help but to purchase internet to see your photos. That is my babe right there. Thanks for the spoiler!
My wife and I were at PECLA today and unless there were two deliveries of the exact same color combo car, we saw you. Charles said you were picking it up with your fiancé. Congrats! If it was you, my wife and I were outside cheering you on. Enjoy your ride. We picked up our car on 5/8/21 at PECLA and Charles did the delivery and he's awesome.
Jeff Jones (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 08:30 AM
Porsche2014
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Mine on the same boat. Needs to get all the way to Vancouver yet.
Was a bit of a surprise for me, pleasant of course. Wasn't expecting anything until late August.

I'm patient. Emailed my SA earlier this week after not having bugged him for almost 4 weeks. Heard nothing so I prompted him yesterday. He replies with a text "Dude, you should have texted me" and included the latest build screen shot and a link to the vessel tracker. Made my day, of course.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porsche2014:
P-car-Vancouver (07-17-2021), pcarGTS4.0 (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 10:02 AM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
DUDE!!! You're building the same car as I am almost. I have black calipers that will be painted in the aftermarket(I didn't need PCCBs and didn't see the reason to pay 8k just for caliper color). I have the gauges in yellow but other than that, almost the same car. Luckily, I will be a few months ahead of you!!!.... Hahaha.

Anyway, I was told the OEM sun visors were kinda crappy looking. Obviously not an issue in a hardtop. But your visors are on display in a convertible so I went with leather visors. Now the 64k question is......does the deviated stitching follow the leather up there??? I do not know and have not asked.
That’s awesome. Can’t wait to see some real life pics of the Shark blue. Where are you located? Keep me updated on you build process.

good thinking on the sun visors but do all of the US sun visors get those horrible airbag stickers. I would hate to pay extra for leather and have that crap on there. I usually buy European visors after without the air bag stickers and then swap them out.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:48 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by See63ess
That’s awesome. Can’t wait to see some real life pics of the Shark blue. Where are you located? Keep me updated on you build process.

good thinking on the sun visors but do all of the US sun visors get those horrible airbag stickers. I would hate to pay extra for leather and have that crap on there. I usually buy European visors after without the air bag stickers and then swap them out.
The leather visors are cheaper to buy them with your build, but they do come with those stupid stickers than nobody reads. I’ve read that you can successfully remove them by soaking a paper towel in 95% alcohol, then placing it on top for about 15-20 minutes. Pell off, then treat the leather afterwards. This will be my first time trying this and hope it works. There has been mixed results reported. In the past, I just covered them with a decal some guy in Canada makes. That works fairly well, but would be noticeable in a convertible.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:17 PM
DIS295
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 51 Posts

On prior cars I've used the alcohol soak method...just make sure it's Isopropyl not another variety that may hurt the leather/material. Even Isopropyl can attach some colors/materials. Will be trying it on my car soon. YMMV

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...