Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 12:07 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,263 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by adeland
TYD just showed our GT4 got on the SFL COMPOSER a week earlier than estimated. Don't know what to think as it may update next week with it still in port. Anyone else get on the sfl composer? Is this real??
from what I know, if it shows you a vessel name, then it means its on a ship. How long that ship stays in port though I have no idea. That being said the Gloves Stella (which my GT4 was on) was only in port for a day before making a stop in Bremerhaven. Once there it stayed there for about 3 days before making its way across the Atlantic.
Old 12-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Well I've officially signed all my paperwork today. At this point I'm just waiting for my PEC LA delivery date. Its starting to feel real. Also buyers remorse is slowly making an entrance, but I always get it when I purchase expensive things. I'm really excited though.
The following 5 users liked this post by Xxyion:
dub (12-09-2022), fxmixer (12-11-2022), JBM718GTS (12-09-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022), manifold danger (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 05:26 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Well I've officially signed all my paperwork today. At this point I'm just waiting for my PEC LA delivery date. Its starting to feel real. Also buyers remorse is slowly making an entrance, but I always get it when I purchase expensive things. I'm really excited though.
Congrats buddy. That's an interesting phenomenon. Say more.
Old 12-09-2022, 05:46 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Yeah, I am getting very close to becoming an actual Spyder owner too now (a few weeks away). The only "regret" that I have so far is the stupid F*****G ADM. I realize that my ADM at $15k is not bad compared to most, but I also know that I am literally throwing away $15k just so I could 1) spec my car just the way that I want it, and 2) know that no one before me abused the car. Still.... $15k is a lot (I am not made of money unlike some folks on this board).

But.... I also think the GT4s/Spyders are about to come to an end here in mid 2023, so this was my last chance to upgrade from my 99 Boxster that I bought new back in the day and still daily drive.
Old 12-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
Congrats buddy. That's an interesting phenomenon. Say more.
I grew up without too much and my dad always tried to instill in me the "save for later" mentality. This basically meant no luxury items growing up even if I had the money at the time. As I'm older now, that is still with me so when doing something like buying a second car, especially a sports car, I always get hit with buyers regret. However that quickly disappears once I get to enjoy what I purchased. So now I kinda use that feeling to know when things start to feel real and it just feeds into my excitement.
The following 3 users liked this post by Xxyion:
Clark_Kent (12-09-2022), fxmixer (12-11-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:05 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
Yeah, I am getting very close to becoming an actual Spyder owner too now (a few weeks away). The only "regret" that I have so far is the stupid F*****G ADM. I realize that my ADM at $15k is not bad compared to most, but I also know that I am literally throwing away $15k just so I could 1) spec my car just the way that I want it, and 2) know that no one before me abused the car. Still.... $15k is a lot (I am not made of money unlike some folks on this board).

But.... I also think the GT4s/Spyders are about to come to an end here in mid 2023, so this was my last chance to upgrade from my 99 Boxster that I bought new back in the day and still daily drive.
exactly my thought too. 20k ADM is rough. Luckily that ADM basically turned into 15k with some negotiating so I'm overall pretty happy with how it turned out. I know once I start driving the car, that 20k ADM will disappear from my mind.
Old 12-09-2022, 06:44 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Yeah I feel you. I think I would have been fine if I didn't also order a Macan GTS that was delivered in the same month. Quite a bit more car payment than I had before, just a tough pill to swallow...

But holy **** these cars are good. YOLO, you can't take it with you, carpe diem, etc. etc. Justify it however you need to, you have the car now. That's what I'm doing and it seems to be working lol.

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego

I'm here to tell you that any casual observer on this board over the summer and early fall knows how much you struggled with ADM. Just take a stroll back through your post history around those times and ponder the psychological element that ADM is inflicting... it's not too late to walk away if it's still uncomfortable man! Life's short and carpe diem and all that, but mental health is important. If you think you're going to struggle with buyer's remorse then you really need to think if it's worth it. I know it's a downer topic on here in this waiting/delivery thread but I swear to god I've actually thought about you away from this board, and I'm not 100% sure you're gonna be alright with this purchase, whether you can afford it or not (I'm sure you can but that's not what will bother you). God's honest truth!

You guys paying these big ADMs will start out underwater in these cars. That's why it was a contingency of mine that I do not pay one under any circumstances. No way around it, especially seeing the prices starting to drop already now that the crypto bubble has burst and the economy is starting to show signs of recession- the best you'd be able to hope for is to break even and yes, it's important you go into this eyes wide open that the dealership is taking $15-20k out of your pocket for literally pushing paperwork.

Yes, it's absolutely true that these cars are going away; but they're just cars. Porsche isn't going out of business. They'll still keep making great-to-drive cars, you may just need to adjust your expectations a bit from what you know now to fully enjoy them. But I promise- Porsche as a company knows what they're doing. If they truly believed they're building "end of era" type cars that cater to their almost exclusively enthusiast market, they'd keep making them...

End of the day, if you're paying an ADM I really feel like you should be 100% comfortable doing so.

Last edited by manifold danger; 12-09-2022 at 06:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by manifold danger:
fxmixer (12-11-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:48 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Yeah I feel you. I think I would have been fine if I didn't also order a Macan GTS that was delivered in the same month. Quite a bit more car payment than I had before, just a tough pill to swallow...

But holy **** these cars are good. YOLO, you can't take it with you, carpe diem, etc. etc. Justify it however you need to, you have the car now. That's what I'm doing and it seems to be working lol.

I'm here to tell you that any casual observer on this board over the summer and early fall knows how much you struggled with ADM. Just take a stroll back through your post history around those times and ponder the psychological element that ADM is inflicting... it's not too late to walk away if it's still uncomfortable man! Life's short and carpe diem and all that, but mental health is important. If you think you're going to struggle with buyer's remorse then you really need to think if it's worth it. I know it's a downer topic on here in this waiting/delivery thread but I swear to god I've actually thought about you away from this board, and I'm not 100% sure you're gonna be alright with this purchase, whether you can afford it or not (I'm sure you can but that's not what will bother you). God's honest truth!

You guys paying these big ADMs will start out underwater in these cars. That's why it was a contingency of mine that I do not pay one under any circumstances. No way around it, especially seeing the prices starting to drop already now that the crypto bubble has burst and the economy is starting to show signs of recession- the best you'd be able to hope for is to break even and yes, it's important you go into this eyes wide open that the dealership is taking $15-20k out of your pocket for literally pushing paperwork.

Yes, it's absolutely true that these cars are going away; but they're just cars. Porsche isn't going out of business. They'll still keep making great-to-drive cars, you may just need to adjust your expectations a bit from what you know now to fully enjoy them. But I promise- Porsche as a company knows what they're doing. If they truly believed they're building "end of era" type cars that cater to their almost exclusively enthusiast market, they'd keep making them...

End of the day, if you're paying an ADM I really feel like you should be 100% comfortable doing so.
I have no doubt Ken is 100% comfortable in paying the ADM. As am I, I think its just more that knee-jerk reaction to literally throwing money away because that's literally what it is. I'm sure for the both of us that feeling will disappear as soon as we see the car. Hell it basically disappeared as soon as I saw my final production picture, I cannot wait till I see the car in person. My date is all set, at this point I'm just counting down the days.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
fxmixer (12-11-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:55 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

I have no doubt Ken is 100% comfortable in paying the ADM. As am I, I think its just more that knee-jerk reaction to literally throwing money away because that's literally what it is. I'm sure for the both of us that feeling will disappear as soon as we see the car. Hell it basically disappeared as soon as I saw my final production picture, I cannot wait till I see the car in person. My date is all set, at this point I'm just counting down the days.
You're not wrong... I was stressed out about the big expense(s) too. I can also easily afford them but they're just so damn expensive; I've never bought a six-figure car before and here I am buying two in one month. Just 10 years ago if someone told me I'd be in this position I wouldn't have believed them. So yeah, there was an adjustment period for my normally fiscally responsible mind to wrap around what I've just done.

But having the cars now, I can't imagine going back to not having them. I like cars, and I have about the best garage I can imagine right now, and that makes all the hand-wringing go away.

But- I also didn't pay ADM for either of these cars. You guys have both vocalized that you don't like it- I'm far less worried about you from your post history but Ken! Man! I'm worried.
The following users liked this post:
Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 07:04 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

You're not wrong... I was stressed out about the big expense(s) too. I can also easily afford them but they're just so damn expensive; I've never bought a six-figure car before and here I am buying two in one month. Just 10 years ago if someone told me I'd be in this position I wouldn't have believed them. So yeah, there was an adjustment period for my normally fiscally responsible mind to wrap around what I've just done.

But having the cars now, I can't imagine going back to not having them. I like cars, and I have about the best garage I can imagine right now, and that makes all the hand-wringing go away.

But- I also didn't pay ADM for either of these cars. You guys have both vocalized that you don't like it- I'm far less worried about you from your post history but Ken! Man! I'm worried.
Haha yeah, if you told me 10 years ago I'd have my own house and was about to receive delivery of a 100k+ Porsche, I would have laughed. My god 10 years ago I was jobless and trying to make music a living. Had 200$ to my name and lived purely on ramen and hopes and dreams. This is an absolute dream come true for me and if it meant having to pay 20,000$ to allow that dream to come true, well that's honestly a very cheap price to pay.
The following 4 users liked this post by Xxyion:
fxmixer (12-11-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022), manifold danger (12-09-2022), MSRPhunter227 (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Yeah, I am willing to pay the ADM. But, don't "like it". No one does. But after driving my 99 Boxster all these years, I love the brand and the car. I can't believe that I am paying this much money for a car that I didn't even test drive either! Hahahahaha!!!!

In my personal situation, I can afford the car/ADM (otherwise I would not buy it), but again, unlike some folks on this board, I'm not at the point where I have money to burn. Just a distinction that I am pointing out.

Anyway, I work very hard, blessed to afford a 718 Spyder speced exactly the way that I want it, and I will drive this car for the rest of my life....with a huge smile on my face.... So, I just convinced myself the ADM is "worth it" to me at least.
Old 12-09-2022, 07:19 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

I just like bitching and complaining a lot!

On a personal note, I am a commercial real estate broker - www.TopGunCRE.com - So, I just convinced myself to sell another property to pay the ADM!
The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Haha yeah, if you told me 10 years ago I'd have my own house and was about to receive delivery of a 100k+ Porsche, I would have laughed. My god 10 years ago I was jobless and trying to make music a living. Had 200$ to my name and lived purely on ramen and hopes and dreams. This is an absolute dream come true for me and if it meant having to pay 20,000$ to allow that dream to come true, well that's honestly a very cheap price to pay.
Wow... I have a similar background 12 years ago. I totally made it back in life, and yes, this is my personal reward for the long, hard climb back. Every day that I jump into my Spyder will be my "reward" = PRICELESS! (even with the ADM).
Old 12-09-2022, 07:55 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

I just want to point out that cars aren't meant to be an investment or something that won't depreciate over time. Pre-Covid, 99.99% of new cars lost 10-20% of value the moment you drive off the lot. You shouldn't buy a new car and not expect to be underwater. Covid and this recent used car frenzy made people thing otherwise, but that's not reality. Hell, before Covid, pretty much everyone said you're getting taken to the cleaners if you paid MSRP on a car.

I think of buying leisure/sports cars as I do going out to eat, seeing my favorite sports teams live, or going on vacation. You are spending money for an experience. MSRP, ADM, whatever...you should be buying one of these cars for enjoyment and not to make money or worry about depreciation.

Sorry, I just wanted to get that out there. This recent attitude of "well, I'll just buy new car X, drive it for a year or two, and sell it at MSRP" is getting old to hear. If you are on this forum, and especially on this thread, you should be excited about your incoming amazing car.

And full disclosure, I paid 15k ADM on my GT4. I'm not made of money, but the experience of owning and driving the car has absolutely been worth it. Some people will say im an idiot for paying ADM, but such is life. I really wanted the car and I got it. As I said, people spend their money to get pleasure (dining out, trips, etc).
The following 6 users liked this post by rusmani:
brock256 (12-09-2022), fxmixer (12-11-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022), MSRPhunter227 (12-09-2022), Toon902 (12-09-2022), Xxyion (12-09-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-09-2022, 07:57 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by rusmani
I just want to point out that cars aren't meant to be an investment or something that won't depreciate over time. Pre-Covid, 99.99% of new cars lost 10-20% of value the moment you drive off the lot. You shouldn't buy a new car and not expect to be underwater. Covid and this recent used car frenzy made people thing otherwise, but that's not reality. Hell, before Covid, pretty much everyone said you're getting taken to the cleaners if you paid MSRP on a car.

I think of buying leisure/sports cars as I do going out to eat, seeing my favorite sports teams live, or going on vacation. You are spending money for an experience. MSRP, ADM, whatever...you should be buying one of these cars for enjoyment and not to make money or worry about depreciation.

Sorry, I just wanted to get that out there. This recent attitude of "well, I'll just buy new car X, drive it for a year or two, and sell it at MSRP" is getting old to hear. If you are on this forum, and especially on this thread, you should be excited about your incoming amazing car.

And full disclosure, I paid 15k ADM on my GT4. I'm not made of money, but the experience of owning and driving the car has absolutely been worth it. Some people will say im an idiot for paying ADM, but such is life. I really wanted the car and I got it. As I said, people spend their money to get pleasure (dining out, trips, etc).
Extremely well said, and completely agree with you.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...