Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 01:00 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,489 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Old 07-22-2021, 01:05 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift

This whole system is crazy. This went V200 a few days later than my V200 yet V250 is about 6 weeks later. What determines these days, I wonder.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:10 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,489 Likes on 1,277 Posts

We are at the mercy of the whims of fate (aka PAG). I’m just relieved to get in before the barn door closes.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:10 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
This whole system is crazy. This went V200 a few days later than my V200 yet V250 is about 6 weeks later. What determines these days, I wonder.
When I chatted with my dealer he said that it typically comes down to when the build slot for the dealership is available. I went with 18 way seats and the 2 people on here that I chatted with had lwbs or 2 way seats that didn't require chips and got in before me. I asked my SA if I had gone with manual seats (no chips for shortages) if I would have gotten it sooner and he said it would have made no difference...but given that I placed my order demand in February and got my allocation in April that turned out to be a MY22, whereas other people placed their order in May or June and are getting their cars before me I have to wonder if he wasn't just trying to make me feel better. Either way, I'll happily wait an extra couple months...or as we've found with the recent CARB cert options (which MN doesn't have CARB rules, so I probably would have been ok?) I'd get it around the same time and have a build I will be happier with. I tend to like to change my position on longer trips and have been spoiled by me current Caymans 18 ways and the Panamera's 18 way sport seats too. I'd imagine we'll start seeing '22s show up in the next couple weeks for delivery, if they haven't already been.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:31 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Dealers receive allocations roughly on a quarterly basis.

The allocation is the build date, summer and fall 2022 allocations were released awhile back.

V250 lock is usually about 2 weeks prior unless PTS or summer factory closure.

V200 is simply when a customer is put against an allocation.

Going 250 shortly after 200 happens when the dealer sits on an allocation, first customer drops, or they get one from another dealer…

I had a November allocation last summer. Dealer called end of August for a Sept allocation due to customer drop out. I went V200 to 250 chop chop.

All dates flow from the build date.
The following users liked this post:
StormRune (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 02:08 PM
devarenacn
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Porsche does offer a photobook. I ordered it but unfortunately the gal that was responsible for the pictures and photobook passed away unexpectedly and so the last I heard from PAG was that all orders underway were on hold until further information is relayed and no new photobook orders will be accepted. It was over 3 months ago so this has prompted me to follow up to see if this will materialize or not.
Yep you are correct, I just got words back from PCNA and they told me it's currently unavailable (I suspect Covid is the reason)
Old 07-22-2021, 02:18 PM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

So in my case, my SA called Monday (4 days ago) and said he had an allocation for me. I told him "great!". He then told me if I wanted it he needed to know soon ("essentially "now" was my interpretation) as the build locked Tues (5 days from now.) Does that mean the dealer "sat" on the allocation (which shouldn't have happened as the GM told me repeatedly over months that I was number 1 on the waiting list)? Someone else dropped out and freed up an allocation (same issue as the previous sentence)? He was afraid he wasn't going to unload a 911 allocation in time (I'm making this up), but he knew he could get me to commit to a BGTS allocation almost immediately so he horse-traded an allocation so he'd make his "window"? Any thoughts you have would be most appreciated!
Old 07-22-2021, 02:36 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by confused66
So in my case, my SA called Monday (4 days ago) and said he had an allocation for me. I told him "great!". He then told me if I wanted it he needed to know soon ("essentially "now" was my interpretation) as the build locked Tues (5 days from now.) Does that mean the dealer "sat" on the allocation (which shouldn't have happened as the GM told me repeatedly over months that I was number 1 on the waiting list)? Someone else dropped out and freed up an allocation (same issue as the previous sentence)? He was afraid he wasn't going to unload a 911 allocation in time (I'm making this up), but he knew he could get me to commit to a BGTS allocation almost immediately so he horse-traded an allocation so he'd make his "window"? Any thoughts you have would be most appreciated!
I’ve had allocations suddenly come available like that.

In the first case, another dealer wanted a car on the lot of the dealer where I was waiting for an allocation. They traded an allocation for the car and I got the allocation.

In another case, someone with an allocation abandoned it and it was offered to me. I passed as I already had one.

In the last case, the dealer worked the PCNA rep and got one for me.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:42 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by confused66
You said "any thoughts" so: At this point, I'd say you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. The SA did their job and found an allocation for you. As a bonus you scored unusually well by getting one with a build date not far behind. All this means is you'll have it in hand before many of the others here. Don't spoil what should be a happy time by trying to overthink it!
Dan Nagy (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 04:45 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

It depends on options requiring semi-conductor chips in a lot of cases that delays production. For instance 18 way seats with memory might take longer vs 2 ways or LWBS.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:46 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
You said "any thoughts" so: At this point, I'd say you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. The SA did their job and found an allocation for you. As a bonus you scored unusually well by getting one with a build date not far behind. All this means is you'll have it in hand before many of the others here. Don't spoil what should be a happy time by trying to overthink it!
+1 you won the 4.0 lottery!
Old 07-22-2021, 05:08 PM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanx for the perspective, guys. Gift horse. Score. nuff said.
StormRune (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 07:42 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

It's great to see you guys are so excited to get your cars delivered!

I am looking at building a Spyder, however I am in no rush at all to get it. My question is, when is the latest I can order one before production ends? Ideally I'd like to take delivery in the spring or even summer of next year.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2021, 08:01 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko

I am looking at building a Spyder, however I am in no rush at all to get it. My question is, when is the latest I can order one before production ends? Ideally I'd like to take delivery in the spring or even summer of next year.

Thanks!
That would be now, lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
flynlo (07-23-2021), UncleDude (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 08:20 PM
Cazten
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko

Thanks!
Now! Really, it comes down to 1. Part luck and 2. How much effort you plan to give shopping across the country for an allocation.

I cross shopped the country right when allocations starting pouring in last quarter and secured an allocation in May for a Sept delivery…. So 5-6 months lead time and that seems to be abnormally fast looking at averages around here.

If your only going to jump on the list at a couple local dealers it could easily be 1+ year or never….

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...